George Allen is a Deuchebag

Chilly

Seriously, what the !@#$ was he thinking rofl

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/16/allen.volunteer/

744543[/snapback]

If you read his sister's book --- that at the time she titled 'nonfiction' but now that bro coulda been... coulda been...a contender, she refutes --- you'll discover that politics appeals to his nature. Taunt your opponent, beat them up, hang them over a railing over Niagra Falls.... And, given his family's (esp. mother's) origins, I call BS that he doesn't know what 'macaca/macaco' means. When you're in the public eye enough, you can sometimes fool people into thinking you're a nice guy, but it'll come to the fore eventually. Wonder if he'll call Musharraff a 'macaca'....

He stepped in a pile of doggie-doo. Does it derail an '08 campaign? Who knows... with his track record, there's a base who would vote for him, and sadly, some people who'd vote for him all the more b/c of this. But it doesn't give off that initial goodwill a candidate needs to attract independents.

If you read his sister's book --- that at the time she titled 'nonfiction' but now that bro coulda been... coulda been...a contender, she refutes --- you'll discover that politics appeals to his nature. Taunt your opponent, beat them up, hang them over a railing over Niagra Falls.... And, given his family's (esp. mother's) origins, I call BS that he doesn't know what 'macaca/macaco' means. When you're in the public eye enough, you can sometimes fool people into thinking you're a nice guy, but it'll come to the fore eventually. Wonder if he'll call Musharraff a 'macaca'....

He stepped in a pile of doggie-doo. Does it derail an '08 campaign? Who knows... with his track record, there's a base who would vote for him, and sadly, some people who'd vote for him all the more b/c of this. But it doesn't give off that initial goodwill a candidate needs to attract independents.

744562[/snapback]

I'd call the idiot that got "offended" a f'n freak. The guy has a 6 inch mohawk haircut.

I'd call the idiot that got "offended" a f'n freak. The guy has a 6 inch mohawk haircut.

744665[/snapback]

Yeah, because a mohawk makes you a freak.

Or are you just an old, grumpy guy sitting on your porch, shaking your first going "damn kids these days, NO RESPECT ANYMORE! THEY HAVE IT EASY! I HAD TO CARRY A HOT POTATO THROUGH THE BUFFALO SNOW TO KEEP WARM WHILE GOING UPHILL TO AND FROM SCHOOL"

This thread is the first time I've ever heard that word.  Then again, I don't go around making up new words as a general practice so it seems Allen had probably heard it before.

744686[/snapback]

Especially when you're making a nickname.

"I think I'll throw some letters together and make this guy macaca. Hmm, you kinda look like a leikarak. How ya doin leikarak?"

Then again, I don't go around making up new words as a general practice...

744686[/snapback]

Then you're obviously not running for President, since that seems to be a prerequisite.

This is my first exposure to this word as well. I really do not think this will affect anything.

Lets assume he IS racist...He is in the middle of a hotly contested senatorial campaign, and a leading candidate for the republican nomination for president in 2008. He has been in politics for 25 years, governor for 4 and senator for 6, and he chooses now to let his racism shine for the world to see? Doubtful.

This is chapter 1 of the democrats playbook. Paint all republicans as stupid rich racists who hate the poor.

Strom Thurmond - Racist

George Bush - Racist (New Orleans)

Trent Lott - Racist

George Allen - Racist

John Ashcroft - Racist

Sam Alito - Racist (Princeton Group)

It goes ON and ON and ON..and its getting old.

This is my first exposure to this word as well.  I really do not think this will affect anything. 

Lets assume he IS racist...He is in the middle of a hotly contested senatorial campaign, and a leading candidate for the republican nomination for president in 2008.  He has been in politics for 25 years, governor for 4 and senator for 6, and he chooses now to let his racism shine for the world to see?  Doubtful.

This is chapter 1 of the democrats playbook.  Paint all republicans as stupid rich racists who hate the poor. 

Strom Thurmond - Racist

George Bush - Racist (New Orleans)

Trent Lott - Racist

George Allen - Racist

John Ashcroft - Racist

Sam Alito - Racist (Princeton Group)

It goes ON and ON and ON..and its getting old.

745032[/snapback]

Just politics. Portraying a group of people as negative is just politics JimBob. Both sides do it.

Doesn't change my opinion that Allen was a deuchebag for saying it.

Just politics.  Portraying a group of people as negative is just politics JimBob.  Both sides do it.

Doesn't change my opinion that Allen was a deuchebag for saying it.

745046[/snapback]

Politics as usual is no excuse. Its pathetic and a sign of desparation. Its what you do when you cant win on issues. Its what turns people off on politics.

Macaca? 95% of voters wont even know what that means, and will think its silly for being blown up as much as it was. and 95% of them are correct. Who cares.

And it still completly amazes me that the democrats can have a former member, Grand Dragon and recruiter for the KKK in the senate and still be able to paint the opposing party as racist.

Politics as usual is no excuse.  Its pathetic and a sign of desparation.  Its what you do when you cant win on issues.  Its what turns people off on politics.

Macaca?  95% of voters wont even know what that means, and will think its silly for being blown up as much as it was.  and 95% of them are correct.  Who cares. 

And it still completly amazes me that the democrats can have a former member, Grand Dragon and recruiter for the KKK in the senate and still be able to paint the opposing party as racist.

745055[/snapback]

Since when did candidates start winning on the issues?

Did I miss a memo or something?

This thread is the first time I've ever heard that word.  Then again, I don't go around making up new words as a general practice so it seems Allen had probably heard it before.

744686[/snapback]

He's a Republican. His Fearless Party Leader makes up words all the time. In fact he makes up a whole lot of other stuff too! :blink: