erry Rice on Bills receivers

Please forgive my man JSP if he fails to see the need to always be there shaking pom-poms and yelling "sis-boom bah"  because YOU want him to.  :rolleyes:

It doesn't mean that he cares less than you.

744799[/snapback]

No, it doesn't, but....

I haven't seen anything out of these guys yet for THIS SEASON.  We stunk up the joint last year, and the year before (yeah, we were 9-7, but got smacked back to reality by the 3rd team of the Stillers), and the year before, etc.  That's over w/.  This is a new year under a new coach in a new system.  If they turn out to suck, then I'm sure everyone here will have @ 'em.  What annoys me is the "guilty until proven innocent" attitude many here seem to have.  That, to me, is the difference between being a realist about the Bills and being a disciple of the Randy Quaid character from Major League.

744599[/snapback]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What annoys me is the "guilty until proven innocent" attitude many here seem to have.  That, to me, is the difference between being a realist about the Bills and being a disciple of the Randy Quaid character from Major League.

744827[/snapback]

A good decade of losing will do that to you. In fact, one gets the sense that in this era of rapid turnarounds, there's only a handful of franchises habitually incapable of doing so. It would appear this franchise is one of that handful for one reason or another.

I don't blame it on the fans. We've been incredibly loyal through this stretch, filling the stadium for some pretty crapola teams, unlike places like Cincinatti or Tennessee.

I don't know WHY the disease is endemic, but it sure seems to be incurable at this point.

A good decade of losing will do that to you. In fact, one gets the sense that in this era of rapid turnarounds, there's only a handful of franchises habitually incapable of doing so. It would appear this franchise is one of that handful for one reason or another.

I don't blame it on the fans. We've been incredibly loyal through this stretch, filling the stadium for some pretty crapola teams, unlike places like Cincinatti or Tennessee.

I don't know WHY the disease is endemic, but it sure seems to be incurable at this point.

744857[/snapback]

Thanks for the history lesson, Joseph, as I'm still relatively new to this whole Bills fan thing.

You don't blame it on the fans; they just are forced to endure it.

Nothing is incurable. Well, maybe indigestion...

You don't blame it on the fans; they just are forced to endure it.

Nothing is incurable.  Well, maybe indigestion...

744875[/snapback]

Indeed. You can't blame it on the fans or lack of support.

<valtrex>

There is no cure for genital herpes.

</valtrex>

Seriously, I hope Marv has the prescription to end the rot that's taken hold in Buffalo.

So in other words, OPS.

Agreed, as a whole the Pats WRs have had a better WR corps b/k of the OL, Brady, coaching, and TEs.  But still, I haev seen Brown and Branch, and even Givens play.  To me, they are / were top players at their position.  At this stage, no one at the Bills WR position has stuck me as having those types of moves, hands, speed, etc.  We have seen Reed. Parrish is a question mark.  Price was a flash in the pan.  Evans looks promising.  All these guys have never been a #1 WR -- like Branch and Brown have.  Plus, Price was a #1 in Atlanta and was laughed out of the city.  He was pathetic and could not get open b/k he can only run a skinny post and no other route.  That is a league wide fact.  But how can we compare question marks with guys who are all pro types and the Super Bowl MVP?  I don't see that...

744736[/snapback]

So in other words, OPS.

744943[/snapback]

A sober reality is that OPS, but with a little luck with late picks (ie, Williamson) and some solid drafting, we could turn it around. Like I have said before, this is a 3yr plan. Marv drafted 3 guys that should be college seniors next month for value and they will blossom by next season after a year of training. DJ is here for a few years to disipline the youth and then he leaves and they make a run for the Bowl with what team Marv can assemble. Up the middle of the field is looking better already. Now the OL needs to come around and JP. THe Defense has lots of tool and potential and highpicks. Someone has to start standing out: Crowell - Williams - Denney - Whitner - King...

Hey, I thought this was MY title!  :blink:

In any event yes, Rice is a horror show as an announcer, and it is also foolish to expect sportscasters to say that the Bills don't suck simply because you want them to.

Imo, the same applies to posters. It is not realistic to think that everybody is obligated to post the things that you want to read. You appear in thread after thread, jumping all over people who don't share your unbridled optimism.

I think that this board would be a lot worse without some comments (usually true) that are not so positive. Some people really care and want things to improve.

Please forgive my man JSP if he fails to see the need to always be there shaking pom-poms and yelling "sis-boom bah"  because YOU want him to.  :)

It doesn't mean that he cares less than you.

744799[/snapback]

Ahh, but this is what KILLS me. I don't "jump all over" people who post realistic skepticism or offer logical criticism of something the Bills have done. I call out the ones who are either broken records (i.e., you and JSP) or are absolute asses (i.e., Roscoe).

I'd like for someone to please explain why it's called "unbridled optimism" when I take a "wait and see" approach to the moves the Bills have made, but the "fans who care" can trash every decision the Bills make before a game is even played? And I'm called the "blind" one?

You guys are ridiculous. Thank goodness we at least have a few folks around here who realize that "caring" about the team and being "realistic" at the same time don't equate to blind negativity.

I don't think we'll make the playoffs either, but because of our QB play not the recievers.  Evans is good, but we have no clear #2. Sometimes you wonder how much people like Rice actually research different teams situations, especially teams that are off of the radar -- like the Bills.

744478[/snapback]

The Bills have a #2 wideout. Lee Evans. The problem is they don't have a #1, #3 or #4 :blink: