Kyle Williams will start at NT

Aaron Schobel made the list and he has done well. I think Lodish even has a couple of rings with Denver. But I'm not sure on that.  0:)

743195[/snapback]

Lodish does have a couple rings along w/ the record for suiting up for the most super bowls (6)

Exatly..notice Phil Hanson was not on the list...

743226[/snapback]

Great video of Phil at bb.com

Can't link directly to the video - but load the "Bills Focus" Channel and go to page 4.

Phil's story is there on the right: "Where Are They Now? Phil Hansen

It's got some GREAT hits of his.

Kyle Williams will win the 'Mike Lodish - High Energy White Guy Award' this season.  ;)

Other winners include :

Chris Kelsay

Justin Bannan

Aaron Schobel

Sean Moran

John Parrella

0:)

743160[/snapback]

Hey don't forget about Ryan Neill. He has the quality most sought after in all Buffalo Bill DE's...

OVERVIEW

The son of former New York Giants nose guard Bill Neill, Ryan was certainly a "chip off the old block" during his final two seasons at Rutgers. A classic overachiever, Neill is a high motor type that consistently created pressure in the opposing backfield, most of the time on just sheer effort.

;);)

So I finally had a chance to watch the game, I recorded it on Tivo and watched most plays a couple times last night. After awhile I began to focus my attention to one guy who was clearly standing out on defense, Kyle Williams.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if his performance was against third stringers but he faced the same players Anderson was facing at times early in the game. While Anderson looked like he was playing on roller skates Williams looked like his feet got buried in cement. He refused to give up any ground, and relentlessly pursued the ball. The term high motor is an understatement to describe the way Williams plays. It's a truly relentless style, and he showed enough quickness to apply pressure from the interior. I not only think he will supplant Anderson by week 1, but he could end up making a big difference in our run support this year and in the future.

743043[/snapback]

I'll admit prior to the draft there was one DT in the draft I didn't want us to take and his name was Kyle Williams. As all the reports made him sound like a typical Bills pick in recent years ie high motor white guy. Of course that's because most had him as a 2nd/3rd round pick but it appears he has some good value for a 5th Round pick based on what we've seen so far.

Williams looked very good.The High Motor tag gets overused but this guy looked like a football player on the field.I think the Bills snagged a gem in this guy..only time will tell but the early grade is very high.

Kyle was great, and I did some Tivo slow stuff too to check out the lines. But Triplett and McCargo will be fine too. Very exciting to have a bunch of guys who can play at this position. I can't wait to see the D as Spikes comes back and Whitner settles in. It would be nice to see Ko work his way in at Safety too, but Vincent is a pro, and I hope he plays well which could mean waiting a year.

Just watched the video and yep, the Panthers put both center Justin Hartwig and RG Evan Mathis on Williams, and he STILL made the tackle on 3rd and 2 on DeShaun Foster.  The previous play he came-in unblocked and along with Bowen stuffed Foster.  Props to KW!

BTW, here it is:

http://subdork.com/1-5.wmv

Look for the first play by KW at the 1:40 mark of the media player.

Kyle Williams will win the 'Mike Lodish - High Energy White Guy Award' this season.  :ph34r:

Other winners include :

Chris Kelsay

Justin Bannan

Aaron Schobel

Sean Moran

John Parrella

:(

743160[/snapback]

John Parrella is a really nice comparison.

Kyle Williams will win the 'Mike Lodish - High Energy White Guy Award' this season.  :ph34r:

Other winners include :

Chris Kelsay

Justin Bannan

Aaron Schobel

Sean Moran

John Parrella

:(

743160[/snapback]

John Parella has played in the league for a long time, surely thrice more than the league average career of 3 years or thereabouts and as a starter too... now that's a cheap shot there :huh: You leave Ryan Denney off, but add Aaron Schobel. Schobel must rate higher than Denney, surely :blink: Glad to see Phil Hansen wasn't listed, otherwise I'd have been :doh: by then...

So I finally had a chance to watch the game, I recorded it on Tivo and watched most plays a couple times last night. After awhile I began to focus my attention to one guy who was clearly standing out on defense, Kyle Williams.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if his performance was against third stringers but he faced the same players Anderson was facing at times early in the game. While Anderson looked like he was playing on roller skates Williams looked like his feet got buried in cement. He refused to give up any ground, and relentlessly pursued the ball. The term high motor is an understatement to describe the way Williams plays. It's a truly relentless style, and he showed enough quickness to apply pressure from the interior. I not only think he will supplant Anderson by week 1, but he could end up making a big difference in our run support this year and in the future.

743043[/snapback]

Ummmmm, nice call. Nailed this one right before Williams was actually named as supplanting Anderson.

You da man!