Donte's Late Hit

pkwwjd

I went back on the TIVO several times to watch the late hit. I was sure when the play happened that he launched himself towards the RB before the RB went out of bounds.

After a couple of replays, frame by frame, the RB's right (IIRC) foot was planted on the ground when Donte had already begun his tackle. Contact was made between the two players while the RB's foot was still in bounds -- and well before any part of the body touched the white stripe.

Even if it was late, I liked the spirit of the hit. I like Donte being anxious to hit people.

I went back on the TIVO several times to watch the late hit...

After a couple of replays, frame by frame, the RB's right (IIRC) foot was planted on the ground when Donte had already begun his tackle...

742931[/snapback]

You, my friend, are dedicated...

I went back on the TIVO several times to watch the late hit.  I was sure when the play happened that he launched himself towards the RB before the RB went out of bounds.

After a couple of replays, frame by frame, the RB's right (IIRC) foot was planted on the ground when Donte had already begun his tackle.  Contact was made between the two players while the RB's foot was still in bounds -- and well before any part of the body touched the white stripe.

Even if it was late, I liked the spirit of the hit.  I like Donte being anxious to hit people.

742931[/snapback]

I didn't see the hit, but I know it was a cheap-shot because I read the play-by-play...

I didn't see the hit, but I know it was a cheap-shot because I read the play-by-play...

742961[/snapback]

God knows I hope you don't believe EVERYTHING you read. This is the NFL, not the Powder Puff league. Hit a fool after he's a step out of bounds if you want to. The NFL will make sure they fine you.

742961[/snapback]

Ok...so reading a play by play is more substantial then replaying the video of a play over and over again!? 0:)

I sure hope you were being facetious.

I didn't care that it was a late hit.....showed some attitude as far as I am concerned.......

We need a little more of that.....even if it costs us some yards every once in a while.....

I dont know if anyone else was noticing it.....but as the bills starting moving the ball.....the penalties on the Caroline defense starting adding up...they were committing them on purpose to keep from getting beat with a big play.....

quote=pkwwjd,Aug 14 2006, 11:59 AM]

After a couple of replays, frame by frame, the RB's right (IIRC) foot was planted on the ground when Donte had already begun his tackle.  Contact was made between the two players while the RB's foot was still in bounds -- and well before any part of the body touched the white stripe.

742931[/snapback]

I noticed the same thing on that, when I re-watched the game last night It was close enough to be a late hit but it seemed donte's shoulder made contact with deangelo williams before williams stepped out of bounds. I was happy he was willing to make contact a lot of guys would've pulled up on that. I want guys on this defense who are willing to hit.

742961[/snapback]

0:) Wow... that is a work of art dan. Call it what you want, but I like the fact that we have a safety that will knock a receiver into tomorrow.

I went back on the TIVO several times to watch the late hit.  I was sure when the play happened that he launched himself towards the RB before the RB went out of bounds.

Even if it was late, I liked the spirit of the hit.  I like Donte being anxious to hit people.

742931[/snapback]

So true I just watched the game again and I totally agree with you.

Also look at the tape on the Andre Davis hit he was out of bounds and got hit by two Panthers and of course no flag.