Donte's Late Hit

pkwwjd

I didn't see the hit, but I do feel encouraged by the fact that we could have someone playing S that could impose a fear amongst WR across the league to think twice about running a route in his general vicinity.

742943[/snapback]

Let's just hope that he can cover. It wasn't his strength at OSU. Who cares if he delivers a hard hit after consistent 10 or 20 yard gains.

it was a late hit.

i think that was his 2nd hit of the game... cant blame him for wanting it ot be a big one.

but if it happens in a real game... i will be pissed. but thats what preseason is for.

743640[/snapback]

Not to mention it was one play after getting turned around like a rookie for a big game the play before...

I went back on the TIVO several times to watch the late hit.  I was sure when the play happened that he launched himself towards the RB before the RB went out of bounds.

After a couple of replays, frame by frame, the RB's right (IIRC) foot was planted on the ground when Donte had already begun his tackle.  Contact was made between the two players while the RB's foot was still in bounds -- and well before any part of the body touched the white stripe.

Even if it was late, I liked the spirit of the hit.  I like Donte being anxious to hit people.

742931[/snapback]

Agreed. I like the fact guy did it too. A preseason game, nothing to lose. He blasts a guy and the others may feed off it as they watch the tapes this week. Roy Williams and Shawn Taylor - - the leagues BEST 2 hitting safetys - - do this type of stuff all the time.