AIKEN LOOKED REALLY GOOD

RUN D WASN'T BAD

BAD THINGS:

KELLY HOLCOMB

JOSH REED DROPPING THE BALL AGAIN

O-LINE STILL CAN'T PUSH ANYONE OFF THE BALL YET

DEFENSE ON CAROLINA'S FIRST SERIES

PENNINGTON (O-LINE)

Otherwise, not much else to say........pretty standard first preseason game.

There is no doubt that Losman, despite a few bad throws, should be the QB of this team.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its nice to see that someone shares the same thoughts as I do ... give the dude give a break. Its the first pre-season game.

741964[/snapback]

Same here. How else is this kid supposed to learn or get better but by playing.

I didnt see the game on tv and wont be able to until 7am tomorrow but to keep things in a little perspective JP played an ok game against 2nd and 3rd stringers Im assuming the majority of the time he was in. For anyone that saw the game If he played against 1st stringers how did he fare?

Yuk. They didn't show it here in Seattle but from the NFL channel it appeared as if it took less than 3 minutes into the new seasons for the Bills QB to get sacked. And the other clips I saw didn't look any better.

The Hawks aren't looking great either.

Ah well, it's only pre-season.

some quick thoughts fwiw:

JP was okay, who knows how he might have played with the 1st team line. Pennington didn't do him any favors. JP makes some good throws but the two things that concern me about him:

1. He tends to miss too many easy throws.

2. He doesn't come off as a guy with a real savvy out there, a guy who knows what the defense is doing, why they're doing it, and how he's going to exploit it, both on THIS play, and two plays down the road. Granted, there are only about 5 QBs who have that level of game savvy, but hey. Wouldn't suck to see it in our guy.

Maybe in time.

Would have been nice to see Donte make a play.

Would have been nice to see Holcomb make a play. For us, that is.

Would have been nice to see us get more pressure from the ends.

That first half was brutal.

That second half wasn't so bad.

I have a gut feeling that JP will start vs the Patriots. But I usually get these things wrong, so JP heads: Sorry.

(I do want him to succeed...badly. But I'm still not seeing enough calm in his game. i'm not sure it's in his nature. We'll see.)

Has anything changed from the last 5 years? I know the off season moves were limited but damn, how about some difference makers.

I know I know, it's only preseason and it was the first game but I have a gut feeling this team goes 2-14 this year..

Has anything changed from the last 5 years? I know the off season moves were limited but damn, how about some difference makers.

I know I know, it's only preseason and it was the first game but I have a gut feeling this team goes 2-14 this year..

742013[/snapback]

Unfortunately I have to mostly agree...

Pass Blocking (All Teams) and Run Blocking (1st Team) was, for the most part, pathetic...No big change there...

No pressure from the Front 7 all Game...1st 2 Panthers QB's were, for the most part, untouched...Will this Team ever find anyone who is gifted at getting to the QB on the other side of Schobel? Again no change...

The Bills 1st Team Talent looked inferior vs. a REAL good Panthers Team...Depth is getting better though...No big change...

I don't know about 2-14...But unless the Bills Starting O-Line can show MASSIVE...and I mean HUGE improvement...This Team will struggle all Year...

There is absolutely ZERO reason for Holcomb to even be considered for the starting Job...This is a Young Team that is going to be overmatched on most Sundays...Let JP take over and take his lumps...I think in the long run (over the next few Years) it will help this Team grow together...There is absolutely no question that JP is FAR more talented than Holcomb...And as long as Holcomb shows he is capeable of making Rookie mistakes (the INT for the TD was just flat out bad...Not getting rid of the Ball on 3rd Down when he had time...) then why in the world would he even be considered for the Starting Job? I know you don't want to just hand JP the Job, but enough is enough...

All that being said... No Spikes, no Evans (he might have played on the 1st series), Willis barely Played, Whitner is still WAY behind, and it's only the 1st Pre-season Game vs. a Team MANY are picking to go to the SB...

I think the Bills Secondary with DW, Youboty, Ko Simpson and the rest of the youngsters is going to be VERY good in time...

I think the future at DT looks bright with Williams and McCargo who Played very well together tonight vs. The Panthers 2nd Team O...

Aiken is a Player...#89 looked like a Man amongst Boys at times vs. The Panthers 2nd Team D...He was open all night...JP should have had him for the winning TD tonight on that Bomb (looked like JP just tried to make that Pass too perfect and over-threw it) and he's a special Special Teamer...Aiken has to make this Team... So Davis, or even Josh Reed could be on the ouside looking in come September...

Gates looks good at #2 HB...Hope he's not hurt bad from the TD run...He runs REAL hard and dishes out punishment...I think he makes it over Williams and Thomas if he remains healthy...

All in all my biggest concerns are, once again, with the O-Line...Good God who in the Hell is Matt Morgan and can we just leave that Guy in Carolina? It's rare to see a 300 lb Man move so quickly backwards...That Guy has absolutely no ability...At least Pennington is a Rookie...he has an excuse...

If the Bills can't get a heck of a lot better at Blocking REAL quickly...It's gonna be a LONG year... :D

Same here.  How else is this kid supposed to learn or get better but by playing.

742002[/snapback]

If you look at the good quarterbacks around the league, they don't use the excuse its the first preseason game, they chuck touchdowns. ie Jake Delhomme. One thing that was glaringly obvious tonight is that Losman is not a good quarterback yet, if he ever will be. That bomb to Aiken in the 4th was a primary example. Good NFL quarterbacks do not miss wide open recieivers deep down the field.

If you look at the good quarterbacks around the league, they don't use the excuse its the first preseason game, they chuck touchdowns. ie Jake Delhomme. One thing that was glaringly obvious tonight is that Losman is not a good quarterback yet, if he ever will be. That bomb to Aiken in the 4th was a primary example. Good NFL quarterbacks do not miss wide open recieivers deep down the field.

742042[/snapback]

Yeah but one throw DOES NOT make a game.