Official Game Thread

I come out of this game pretty happy. The D did well other than the first drive, and that's without Spikes and only half a Whitner. JP showed some good stuff, and KH was terrible. We will have to wait and see on the O-Line, but that is still a potential worry, even if better than last year. It is just a preseason game so we can't read too much into it.

However I'm starting to wonder about Josh Reed. We already were worried about him, but a receiver who can't catch is like a pitcher in baseball who can't throw strikes. Everything else in the world doesn't matter if they don't get it, and it is something that some people can't improve on. I think that Price and Davis might take away his playing time, and his signing will be a bust, but I wish him well and hope he proves me wrong.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the good quarterbacks around the league, they don't use the excuse its the first preseason game, they chuck touchdowns. ie Jake Delhomme. One thing that was glaringly obvious tonight is that Losman is not a good quarterback yet, if he ever will be. That bomb to Aiken in the 4th was a primary example. Good NFL quarterbacks do not miss wide open recieivers deep down the field.

742042[/snapback]

This is such an easy post to attack .... all I would have to do is start going through the hall of fame QB's and the great QB's of the past 10 years and today that have had HORRID pre-season games and your post will be toast. Pre-season is just like practice, except against a different team and their have been some of the greatest QB's having HORRIBLE pre-season games.

Your reply = :D

I'm with you Frez... Its like I expect failure again.

742044[/snapback]

On the surface I agree, but I'm not gonna pay too much attention yet. If they suck ass two weeks from now, yeah... I'm still giddy football is back tonight, though.

Hockey preseason in a month regardless.

-Jeff

If you look at the good quarterbacks around the league, they don't use the excuse its the first preseason game, they chuck touchdowns. ie Jake Delhomme. One thing that was glaringly obvious tonight is that Losman is not a good quarterback yet, if he ever will be. That bomb to Aiken in the 4th was a primary example. Good NFL quarterbacks do not miss wide open recieivers deep down the field.

742042[/snapback]

I guess that means I better draft Alex Smith early in Fantasy. Thanks for the prognostication. :D

Up and down the tracks goes the retard rollercoaster.

742042[/snapback]

Okay first, Daquixers and I were referring to Pennington, but you could also make the case that what I said was general enough to apply to the other players as well.

As for your statements, they are totally ridiculous. You apparently never saw Delhomme when he was playing for New Orleans early in his career.

AD, you should trademark Retard Rollercoaster and Retard Rodeo. These phrases are going to get some heavy use this year.

Okay first, Daquixers and I were referring to Pennington, but you could also make the case that what I said was general enough to apply to the other players as well.

As for your statements, they are totally ridiculous.  You apparently never saw Delhomme when he was playing for New Orleans early in his career.

AD, you should trademark Retard Rollercoaster and Retard Rodeo.    These phrases are going to get some heavy use this year.

742173[/snapback]

Great. I'll be able to break out some of my old avatars. :D

One other thing. Does the blocked punt mean we should cut Bobby April now? I don't know if some of us can take the Special Teams falling apart like the Defense did last year. From near first to near worst. Oh the humanity! Maybe we should just cut Moorman. He shouldn't have let that happen. Not in preseason. It's, it's... well, humiliating - that's what it is! Bills fans shouldn't be subjected to such a thing. Redneck yahoos celebrating in the stands with armpit farts at the expense of my Bills! I may not be able to show myself at work on Monday.

Great. I'll be able to break out some of my old avatars.  :D

One other thing. Does the blocked punt mean we should cut Bobby April now? I don't know if some of us can take the Special Teams falling apart like the Defense did last year. From near first to near worst. Oh the humanity! Maybe we should just cut Moorman. He shouldn't have let that happen. Not in preseason. It's, it's... well, humiliating - that's what it is! Bills fans shouldn't be subjected to such a thing. Redneck yahoos celebrating in the stands with armpit farts at the expense of my Bills! I may not be able to show myself at work on Monday.

742178[/snapback]

;)<_<:ph34r: