lol @ Reggie Bush

Chilly

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for the occasional brain farts.

Remember the Rose Bowl, when he lateraled the ball, resulting in a fumble that Texas recovered, negating a big gain.  :lol:

739717[/snapback]

The one receiving the lateral should have known the great Reggie was planning on unexpectedly hurling the ball towards him. Reggie makes no mistakes, only touchdowns.

He has weaknesses and Bruschi will exploit them

739853[/snapback]

:doh:

Seriously, I don't really think that he has any weaknesses. Can you name any? Certainly his speed, vision, creativity, cutback ability, and pass catching are not weaknesses. He was very good at picking up the blitz in college, coaches say much better than the bigger LenDale White. He rarely fumbled in college (except fo the occasional untimely lateral.) I would say he definitely has some question marks, such as size, and the ability to take an NFL pounding 25 times a game.

I would say the only weakness will be with Houston Texans ticket sales when they realize what they left on the table. I think he's going to be a game-changer. Knowing what you know now, wouldn't you draft Marshall Faulk or LaDanian Tomlinson #1 if you had the opportunity? Oh yeah, the Texans already have Dominick Davis :rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't really think that he has any weaknesses.  Can you name any?  Certainly his speed, vision, creativity, cutback ability, and pass catching are not weaknesses.  He was very good at picking up the blitz in college, coaches say much better than the bigger LenDale White.  He rarely fumbled in college (except fo the occasional untimely lateral.)  I would say he definitely has some question marks, such as size, and the ability to take an NFL pounding 25 times a game.

I would say the only weakness will be with Houston Texans ticket sales when they realize what they left on the table.  I think he's going to be a game-changer.  Knowing what you know now, wouldn't you draft Marshall Faulk or LaDanian Tomlinson #1 if you had the opportunity?  Oh yeah, the Texans already have Dominick Davis  :rolleyes:

739865[/snapback]

Reggie is good, thats for sure. But he's in for a rude awakening when he actually gets some NFL speed defenses thrown at him. He's used to tearing up such *powerhouses* as hawaii, arizona, arizona st, washington, stanford, and cal. Now he's gotta face TB and carolina. A bit of a difference in talent there. I know i'll enjoy watching derrick brooks knock reggies ass backwards.

Reggie is good, thats for sure. But he's in for a rude awakening when he actually gets some NFL speed defenses thrown at him. He's used to tearing up such *powerhouses* as hawaii, arizona, arizona st, washington, stanford, and cal. Now he's gotta face TB and carolina. A bit of a difference in talent there. I know i'll enjoy watching derrick brooks knock reggies ass backwards.

739869[/snapback]

I agree, much different in the NFL. I think he can be very comparable to Cadillac Williams. Same division in the NFL, and Cadillac had questions coming out of college about his size and ability to handle a full workload, since he split time with Ronnie Brown at Auburn. Cadillac proved he was a difference maker, but also proved it's much harder to stay healthy when getting popped by 245lbs of angry muscle 25 times a game. No doubt, some LBs will want to knock Reggie's head off. But they are also going to have to attempt to cover him on pass patterns and tackle him in the open field, which I really don't see one guy doing.

I agree that Bush is a physical talent in the highest eschelon, but even amazing backs can be contained if you devote your resources to them. What Bush may end up doing is opening up the tight ends and receivers for the Aints. The only slight on Bush that I can see maybe materializing is he may not be that guy who can get you those 2 tough yards on 3rd and 2

Bush is not nearly as physical as caddy. Caddy outweighs him by 20 lbs. Running between the tackles is the question mark. In college he was faster than pretty much every defensive player. In the NFL, many of the guys chasing him will be just as fast.

I saw an interview a few years ago in which VJ Sing said the exact same thing when posed with the question, "What's your biggest weakness?" Needless to say from then on I've never been a fan of Sing.

Seriously, I don't really think that he has any weaknesses.  Can you name any?  Certainly his speed, vision, creativity, cutback ability, and pass catching are not weaknesses.  He was very good at picking up the blitz in college, coaches say much better than the bigger LenDale White.  He rarely fumbled in college (except fo the occasional untimely lateral.)  I would say he definitely has some question marks, such as size, and the ability to take an NFL pounding 25 times a game.

I would say the only weakness will be with Houston Texans ticket sales when they realize what they left on the table.  I think he's going to be a game-changer.  Knowing what you know now, wouldn't you draft Marshall Faulk or LaDanian Tomlinson #1 if you had the opportunity?  Oh yeah, the Texans already have Dominick Davis  :rolleyes:

739865[/snapback]

Bush relied on his quickness to just flat out beat everyone up the middle or around the corners. His biggest weakness comes in his lack of strength.

Bush used lots of open room to be able to make his shifty moves and get around people. In the NFL, where holes close much quicker, I just don't see that happening.

Bush doesn't break tackles well, a lot of that is due to his poor strength.

All in all, he reminds me of Brian Westbrook.

if that was JP Lohsman making that statement, people would be falling all over themselves about how great he is...give the guy a break, this is the attitude all players at this level should have

739868[/snapback]

No, JP would be stupid. So would anyone else at the NFL level that said that.

The one receiving the lateral should have known the great Reggie was planning on unexpectedly hurling the ball towards him.  Reggie makes no mistakes, only touchdowns.

739718[/snapback]

Reggie doesn't play with teammates because he needs to; rather, he lets them play out of the goodness of his heart and the selflessness that is Reggie.