Jay Cutler Seems To Be Lighting It Up

I know this guy has not played a down in the NFL so hold off all those comments but apparently this guy looks like he has got EVERYTHING people are looking for. He has already been elevatd to #2 spot. They are saying his decision making skill are incredible with an arm to boot.

It just seems as though these are some of the things that people would be saying about Losman if they thought he was going to be a gamer. Time to separate yourself JP - start using your noggin!!!! I keep hearing the same things from camp that I have heard over the last two years - great arm but still making some bad reads.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) Holy christ! The #11 overall pick has been elevated to backup over 7th rounder Bradlee Van Pelt and undrafted Preston Parsons? He must be lights out.

You jumped in before me Kelly the Dog... :lol:

Edited by smokinandjokin

Man, I never thought he would beat out Bradlee Van Pelt.

738194[/snapback]

I know, VanPelt did very well in the pre-season and mpop up duty..Very surprised they dont like this kid.. I know the fans did when he was in the game.

I know, VanPelt did very well in the pre-season and mpop up duty..Very surprised they dont like this kid.. I know the fans did when he was in the game.

738205[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic. A team will almost always make a high #1 pick their #2 QB as quickly as they can so he gets significant reps in practice, and plays with the starters. The #3 gets very, very few.

Unless you're the Bills.

The Broncos are doomed anyway. They're starting an UFA at RB over a #1 and #2 pick. ;)

Everyone loves talking about how awesome the rookie looks in camp

738188[/snapback]

Everybody loves rookies on OTHER teams. Our rookies always stink. If Cutler were a Bill, we'd be keeping track of every inc pass and INT he threw in camp, declaring him a bust.

PTR

I'll never forget how Merrill Hoge before the draft said Cutler will be far and away the best pro QB (ahead of Leinart and Vince Young). He went on to cite specific reasons. Good for Denver if he turns out to be that good.

I'll never forget how Merrill Hoge before the draft said Cutler will be far and away the best pro QB (ahead of Leinart and Vince Young).  He went on to cite specific reasons.  Good for Denver if he turns out to be that good.

738313[/snapback]

I watched Cutler play here at Vanderbilt. Though I think it's way too early to say he's gonna be great in the NFL, I think he'll be very, very good...Way better than say a Delhomme or Kerry Collins. If I had to guess, I think he'll be in the Donovan McNabb class of QB. Albeit with less mobility...

Charles

:angry:  Holy christ!  The #11 overall pick has been elevated to backup over 7th rounder Bradlee Van Pelt and undrafted Preston Parsons?  He must be lights out.

You jumped in before me Kelly the Dog... :doh:

738198[/snapback]

The point is that Cutler seems to be getting national attention right now for his decision making skills. Nobody (after 3 years) has ever said that about JP. Even though JP has not been given a fair chance, it does not look good as I'm sure management has him on another short leash.

The point is that Cutler seems to be getting national attention right now for his decision making skills. Nobody (after 3 years) has ever said that about JP. Even though JP has not been given a fair chance, it does not look good as I'm sure management has him on another short leash.

738359[/snapback]

You have a very good knack for contradicting yourself.

Why would anyone give JP national attention for his decision-making when he has not been in a position to make good decisions.

A quarterback can't make good decisions until their coaches make good decisions.

BB, you're surprised that a high-profile draft pick/QB from a high profile team is getting national recognition? And in training camp, everyone's a star. I know it's been beaten to death, but RJ was a great practice player and a not-so-great gameday player. We'll see what's what when the bullets start to fly for real.

738359[/snapback]

Of course he's getting good press. He's with the Broncos. And the genius Mike Shanahan.

Remember when the Bills played Denver in the pre-season 2 yrs ago? It was featured on "Sounds of the Game" show. Shanahan said about Losman "this kid's a player!" (or words to that effect)

And doesn't Cutler have relatively tiny hands for a QB? (the one pre-draft knock on him)

You have a very good knack for contradicting yourself.

Why would anyone give JP national attention for his decision-making when he has not been in a position to make good decisions.

A quarterback can't make good decisions until their coaches make good decisions.

738376[/snapback]

How is this contradicting myself?? JP has not proved crap in practice or games in 3 years . Just because the coaches screwed around with him doesn't mean he can't make smart decisions on the field.