Marv's Tenure

Scraps

So far I'm not impressed with anything Marv Levy has done as GM. He has hired a retread HC with a pedestrian record who seems married to a system regardless of the talent on the team. He has actually made the team weaker by cutting or trading fairly talented players (Moulds and Adams). He has overpaid for some free agents when there didn't appear to be much competition for their services. He got tunnel vision during the draft by fixating on Whitner and reaching to get him. On top of that, he has now has a contract hold out with the same player he reached for in the first place.

Not a good start Marv.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, be ready for the onslaught (I see it has already begun).

Second, I completely agree with the statement below. Staying fixated on Whitner and reaching for him will cost this franchise millions of dollars. A lot of people argued post draft that he is a high character guy and won't miss time... they are eating their words now. Not only will the team have an exorbitant amount of cap space tied to the safety position, he won't be starting Week 1. Just wonderful.

Regarding the head coach, I actually like the move. I think Jauron is a solid coach who got the shaft in Chicago bigtime. Time will tell, but I don't think his record should come into play. Marv had a horrible record coming in as head coach of the Bills. Bellichick had a sub-500 record coming in as head coach of the Pats.

He got tunnel vision during the draft by fixating on Whitner and reaching to get him.  On top of that,  he has now has a contract hold out with the same player he reached for in the first place.

Not a good start Marv.

734811[/snapback]

Okay. I forgot. Who's on tar detail and who's on feather detail again?

734813[/snapback]

Dammit, someone needs to keep me up to date on these things. Here i am, truck full of tar, halfway to columbus and whitner's/his agents house, and NOW someone decides we're going after marv?

So far I'm not impressed with anything Marv Levy has done as GM.  He has hired a retread HC with a pedestrian record who seems married to a system regardless of the talent on the team.  He has actually made the team weaker by cutting or trading fairly talented players (Moulds and Adams).  He has overpaid for some free agents when there didn't appear to be much competition for their services.  He got tunnel vision during the draft by fixating on Whitner and reaching to get him.  On top of that,  he has now has a contract hold out with the same player he reached for in the first place.

Not a good start Marv.

734811[/snapback]

Well, marv is really not impressed at all with your pathetic posts.

So far I'm not impressed with anything Marv Levy has done as GM.  He has hired a retread HC with a pedestrian record who seems married to a system regardless of the talent on the team.  He has actually made the team weaker by cutting or trading fairly talented players (Moulds and Adams).  He has overpaid for some free agents when there didn't appear to be much competition for their services.  He got tunnel vision during the draft by fixating on Whitner and reaching to get him.  On top of that,  he has now has a contract hold out with the same player he reached for in the first place.

Not a good start Marv.

734811[/snapback]

Ummm... this is a completely different offense and a much different defense than Jauron coached at Chicago. It seems like he went out and got the coordinators that he liked, and then stepped back and let them install the systems they believed in. And then got rid of a couple players who didn't fit the scheme and signed/drafted a bunch of players who did. Which, if not mistaken, is precisely the opposite of the accusation. I also don't think you can call a player overpriced until he plays for you. Maybe that's just me.

I am not sold on Marv either. But he must be given a chance. I like a lot of the moves he has made lately. I like the draft. I like that he is bringing character guys in. I like Royal more and more. I think the more we learn about last year we should be happy that Adams and Moulds are gone. I like our team speed and aggressiveness. I don't think we will be all that great this year, but this is a team of players and a style of play that fans could come to like.

Dammit, someone needs to keep me up to date on these things. Here i am, truck full of tar, halfway to columbus and whitner's/his agents house, and NOW someone decides we're going after marv?

734826[/snapback]

Don't worry. We can't even find the dude with the feathers, so you can take your time turning around and heading back to Buffalo.

Not a good start Marv.

734811[/snapback]

Ridiculous. And on Marv's birthday, no less. You will feel shame.

Don't worry. We can't even find the dude with the feathers, so you can take your time turning around and heading back to Buffalo.

734834[/snapback]

I think I saw the feather truck in Eau Claire or was it Ouzaukee? I cannot recall.

Ummm... this is a completely different offense and a much different defense than Jauron coached at Chicago. It seems like he went out and got the coordinators that he liked, and then stepped back and let them install the systems they believed in. And then got rid of a couple players who didn't fit the scheme and signed/drafted a bunch of players who did. Which, if not mistaken, is precisely the opposite of the accusation. I also don't think you can call a player overpriced until he plays for you. Maybe that's just me.

I am not sold on Marv either. But he must be given a chance. I like a lot of the moves he has made lately. I like the draft. I like that he is bringing character guys in. I like Royal more and more. I think the more we learn about last year we should be happy that Adams and Moulds are gone. I like our team speed and aggressiveness. I don't think we will be all that great this year, but this is a team of players and a style of play that fans could come to like.

734831[/snapback]

I'm more speaking of the defense. I think the talent on the defensive line isn't particularly good for this defense and I think our talent in the secondary is wasted in the cover 2.

Well, marv is really not impressed at all with your pathetic posts.

734827[/snapback]

Well if Marv is wasting time reading this board and giving his opinion of my posts to you, that should really tell you how bad a GM he is. <_<

Not a good start Marv.

734811[/snapback]

First off, Levy reached for Jauron the same way Polian reached for him. Jauron did a GREAT job in Chicago with some mediocre talent.

Sorry, but our scouts have a better idea for what is a reach in our system than we did, and we all know that Whitner is a great football player.

I don't blame Levy for the holdout at all. First off, GM's don't draw up contracts, and secondly, holdouts are mostly caused by agents.

As far as Moulds or Adams, it was clearly time for them to go. Moulds is on the decline, and Adams lacks character