How many more games could we have won last year

ganesh

I think with a little more tighter coaching and gameday decisions we could have won a few more games...

1. The Miami game is a no brainer...You don't blow a 21pt lead going into the 4th quarter.

2. The Carolina game was very close..The defense played well for 55 minutes and then gave up the big TD that ultimately cost us the game.

3. They could have beaten New Orleans

4. Finally, they had the lead against the Jets in thes season finale and they blew it by letting them run a KR for TD....

That is 4 more wins we could have had...make it a 9-7 season....

I think with a little more tighter coaching and gameday decisions we could have won a few more games...

1. The Miami game is a no brainer...You don't blow a 21pt lead going into the 4th quarter.

2. The Carolina game was very close..The defense played well for 55 minutes and then gave up the big TD that ultimately cost us the game.

3. They could have beaten New Orleans

4. Finally, they had the lead against the Jets in thes season finale and they blew it by letting them run a KR for TD....

That is 4 more wins we could have had...make it a 9-7 season....

729862[/snapback]

Things that good coaching staffs strongly influence are: 1 - better preparation for opponents (beyond the first drive and especially after the first half), 2 - better execution (simple plays like picking up a yard on 3rd and 1 will work if you execute them correctly), 3 - fewer mental errors (reduce penalties, sacks, turnovers), 4 - winning attitude (steal a few games). Last year we could have beat New England once, the Jets twice, and both New Orleans and Atlanta (a home game loss).

At least the fist Pats game, the second stinkin' fish game, the last Jests game, the 'Aints game and the Panthers game. But the question then is where would we be now if those games went the other way? Me thinks Meathhead, TD, Mike Williams, Sam Adams, Eric Moulds and Lawyer Milloy would still be in town.

At least the fist Pats game, the second stinkin' fish game, the last Jests game, the 'Aints game and the Panthers game. But the question then is where would we be now if those games went the other way? Me thinks Meathhead, TD, Mike Williams, Sam Adams, Eric Moulds and Lawyer Milloy would still be in town.

730152[/snapback]

Well if the basic premise of the post - that we would have won a few more games with tight coaching - then still having Meathead would not be a bad thing. But that means TD would be here too ;)

{I have contributed nothing to this thread}

Well if the basic premise of the post - that we would have won a few more games with tight coaching - then still having Meathead would not be a bad thing. But that means TD would be here too  ;)

{I have contributed nothing to this thread}

730188[/snapback]

Considering that TD had spent the last few drafts on offense, I wouldn't have

been surprised if he chose to use the draft to bolster his defense....So it might

not have been that different...

I agree, if we had finished 9-7 then MM still stays on as the coach....with back to back 9-7 seasons.

Add one more - clock management . MM was terrible.

Things that good coaching staffs strongly influence are: 1 - better preparation for opponents (beyond the first drive and especially after the first half), 2 - better execution (simple plays like picking up a yard on 3rd and 1 will work if you execute them correctly),  3 - fewer mental errors (reduce penalties, sacks, turnovers), 4 - winning attitude (steal a few games).  Last year we could have beat New England once, the Jets twice, and both New Orleans and Atlanta (a home game loss).

730150[/snapback]