A new old 'Fletch'?

Madeline: I'm sorry, who are you again?

Fletch: I'm Frieda's boss.

Madeline: Who's Frieda?

Fletch: My secretary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Willy: What the hell you need ball bearings for?

Fletch: Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course.

[leans arm on hot engine part]

Fletch: Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State.

Any predictions on how bad this movie is going to suck?

729247[/snapback]

Why do you think that. Outside of HBO, i watch exactly four network TV shows. Scrubs, Earl, The Office, and Lost. Scubs has been consistently in my mind one of the smartest and funniest shows on TV in a long time.

I think this movie has the ability to be really good

'Garden State' is an amazing film.

729299[/snapback]

Ditto that, absolutely brilliant film. By the way, it says BALLS on your face.

:lol:

Sam: Hey, I recognize you.

Andrew Largeman: Oh, did you go to Columbia High?

Sam: No, not from high school, from TV. Didn't you play the retarded quarterback?

Andrew Largeman: Yeah.

Sam: Are you really retarded?

Andrew Largeman: No.

Sam: Ooh, great job man! I really thought you were retarded. I mean, you're better than that Corky kid and he's actually retarded. If there was a retarded Oscar you would win, hands down, kick his ass!

Why do you think that. Outside of HBO, i watch exactly four network TV shows. Scrubs, Earl, The Office, and Lost. Scubs has been consistently in my mind one of the smartest and funniest shows on TV in a long time.

I think this movie has the ability to be really good

729291[/snapback]

I don't think that it has anything to do with Zack Braff. I think that he is very talented and that Scrubs is a great show.

Its just that Chevy Chase is Fletch. I know that he has fallen way off in the past few years, but I could not imagine anyone else playing that part...he IS Fletch. What makes Fletch great isn't just the dialogue, but the way that it is delivered, he made the charachter. It would be like having the new Rocky movie played by someone other than Sylvester Stallone, it just doesn't feel right.

Its just that Chevy Chase is Fletch. I know that he has fallen way off in the past few years, but I could not imagine anyone else playing that part...he IS Fletch. What makes Fletch great isn't just the dialogue, but the way that it is delivered, he made the charachter. It would be like having the new Rocky movie played by someone other than Sylvester Stallone, it just doesn't feel right.

729351[/snapback]

precisely...they shouldn't even bother calling it fletch

just give the character another name and pay homage to it by giving them similar characters

Its just that Chevy Chase is Fletch.

I think the main problem of using CC is that it's like what 20 years later & this is suppose to be a prequel w/ Fletch being a Jr Editor.

Don't think having a 50 or 60 YO man play a glorified errand boy would look too good.

Also, for that matter for the target demographic for a movie like this Braff is likely a better fit.

I think the main problem of using CC is that it's like what 20 years later & this is suppose to be a prequel w/ Fletch being a Jr Editor.

Don't think having a 50 or 60 YO man play a glorified errand boy would look too good.

Also, for that matter for the target demographic for a movie like this Braff is likely a better fit.

729368[/snapback]

I didn't say they should use Chevy Chase, that wouldn't work. Its more about leaving the story and the alone.

Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My...car...just hit a water buffalo.

-- I came *this* close to buying this place.

-- Really?

-- Yeah, but I found out Hopalong Cassidy killed himself here. Bow and arrow. Very weird.

-- What, are you doped up now?

-- Don't talk to me like that, assface; I don't work for you yet.

Im just glad Kevin Smith is no longer attached to this project. About 6 years ago, he was developing a script and wanted to cast Ben Affleck. That would have totally soured me on the character just it has with Daredevil.