A new old 'Fletch'?

Thanks. That insight added a ton to the discussion. The subtext of your trenchant observations never cease to amaze me.

729382[/snapback]

Zach Braff is far more talented than Chevy Chase? What more can I say in response to a statement like that? I could have said, this kid is like a fart in the wind compared to Chevy in his prime. Is that better?

Stanton Boyd: What kind of a name is Poon?

Fletch: Comanche Indian.

While I thought Garden State was an excellent movie, some things need to be left alone. You can't really compare Batman Begins, as the original Batman series was such a train wreck after the first movie.

"Have you ever seen a spleen that large?"

"Not since breakfast."

Doc: "Arnold Babar...is that one 'B' or two?"

Fletch: "One. B-A-B-A-R."

D: "But that's two."

F: "Yeah, but not right next to each other. I thought that's what you meant."

D: "Isn't there a children's book about an elephant named Babar?"

F: "I don't know; I don't have any."

D: "No children?"

F: "No elephant books."

Zach Braff is far more talented than Chevy Chase? What more can I say in response to a statement like that? I could have said, this kid is like a fart in the wind compared to Chevy in his prime. Is that better?

729391[/snapback]

Except that he is one of the more sought after guys in all of Hollywood right now, is a fantastic writer and director and producer and pretty good comedic actor. He can call his shots and get a lot of good people to work on Fletch if he wants to. He is an amazing young talent, as evidenced by writing, directing, starring in and (partly producing and casting) his own movie, which was universally acclaimed. Chevy Chase was good at a goofy smirk or one-liner, and falling down, and that got old after the first 322 times. In his entire career he couldn't do half the things that Braff can do at 30 years old.

And the head of Alfredo Garcia.  And bring me the Beatles White album.

729424[/snapback]

"Where am I?"

"You're in the records room."

"The records room? Do you have the Beatles' White album? Never mind. I'd like a glass of hot fat...and bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia while you're out there."

"Where am I?"

"You're in the records room."

"The records room?  Do you have the Beatles' White album?  Never mind.  I'd like a glass of hot fat...and bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia while you're out there."

729442[/snapback]

It's me, Dr. Rosenpenis. Where's the records room???

Except that he is one of the more sought after guys in all of Hollywood right now, is a fantastic writer and director and producer and pretty good comedic actor. He can call his shots and get a lot of good people to work on Fletch if he wants to. He is an amazing young talent, as evidenced by writing, directing, starring in and (partly producing and casting) his own movie, which was universally acclaimed. Chevy Chase was good at a goofy smirk or one-liner, and falling down, and that got old after the first 322 times. In his entire career he couldn't do half the things that Braff can do at 30 years old.

729440[/snapback]

I'm with you. Chevy is a bad "one-trick pony", whose act was stale years ago.

729440[/snapback]

Please mail all responses to

The Zach Braff Fan Club

Attn: Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog, President

PO Box 6523

Hollywood, CA 90215

I'm with you.  Chevy is a bad "one-trick pony", whose act was stale years ago.

729445[/snapback]

Fortunately or unfortunately -- depending upon your perspective -- the one trick he had was a character like Fletch. That's just some funny schitt. Anyone picking up the role had better be good.

The soundtrack was better.

729308[/snapback]

By the way, Zach Braff won a Grammy Award last year for compiling that soundtrack as he was responsible for almost all of those songs, was credited as the compiling producer, and demanded a lot of them be kept on when the powers that be wanted others. Another little talent of his. :lol:

Garden State was made for 2.5 million and took in 36 million worldwide, not counting TV, pay per view or DVD or rentals.