Bills preview on cnnsi.

are there ever any national media stories about the Bills that don't mention Levy's age?

726457[/snapback]

Actually, it's a law - right after the one that says you have to preface Willis' Fiesta Bowl injury as either "devestating" or "gruesome".

Actually, it's a law - right after the one that says you have to preface Willis' Fiesta Bowl injury as either "devestating" or "gruesome".

726460[/snapback]

Or "Venerable" Troy Vincent. I think he had that one written into the CBA :doh:

Posey is a "fierce competitor" and Willis McGahee is our "best player".

I must be missing some game film here, can anyone help?

726453[/snapback]

I dont see a problem with this considering they ran down each section of the team.

Running Backs

Willis McGahee's 2005 season went in the tank the moment he proclaimed himself the NFL's best back. After failing to gain 100 yards or to score a touchdown in seven of Buffalo's last eight games, he promises to just shut up and play this season. When he's focused, the powerful 228-pound McGahee is Buffalo's best player and in his defense, he was a victim of Buffalo's dysfunctional coaching staff last year. In three games down the stretch, he had 10 carries or less. But unless Buffalo can improve its line play and its 29th-ranked passing game, both big ifs, opponents will continue to stack the box against McGahee.

that last part imo is the main reason mcgahee strugled. Whoever the qb is has to make plays to open things up

But unless Buffalo can improve its line play and its 29th-ranked passing game, both big ifs, opponents will continue to stack the box against McGahee.

that last part imo is the main reason mcgahee strugled. Whoever the qb is has to make plays to open things up

726462[/snapback]

In order for the QB to make plays and open things up he'll need some help from the Offensive line first

Well that and an offensive game plan not written by a monkey in front of a typewriter

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...falo_bills.html

They have losman as the projected starting qb! WOOHOO!

726425[/snapback]

yeah that stood out 4 me as well.dont any of these writers do homework anymore or even "pretend" to know what they are writing about....................hell most fans that play fantasy football know the lineups of teams they are not fans of this was supposed to be a reply to the fact that bennie anderson was a olineman i hit the wong quote reply i guess .whoops i did it again lol

the powerful 228-pound McGahee is Buffalo's best player

726462[/snapback]

Without defending them in any way I'd easily rank at least 5 of our players ahead of McGahee as the "best player" on the Bills.

Clements

Spikes

Fletcher

McGee

Schobel

For a change a national sportswriter presents a balanced view of the team and projections for the upcoming year. And we still find reasons to nit pick and blast him ? Apart from the Bennie Anderson gaffe, I could not find any other objectionable points in his article. We complain about the media not giving us enough respect. Given our performance in recent seasons and the question marks around several of the moves we have made, this article is flattering.

For a change a national sportswriter presents a balanced view of the team and projections for the upcoming year. And we still find reasons to nit pick and blast him ? Apart from the Bennie Anderson gaffe, I could not find any other objectionable points in his article. We complain about the media not giving us enough respect. Given our performance in recent seasons and the question marks around several of the moves we have made, this article is flattering.

726503[/snapback]

It's not perfect, but it's not a bad writeup.

Without defending them in any way I'd easily rank at least 5 of our players ahead of McGahee as the "best player" on the Bills.

Clements

Spikes

Fletcher

McGee

Schobel

726498[/snapback]

If this is his competition than McGahee probably deserves the appellation best player.

After a so-so at best but sometimes dreadful full season last year I'd grade NC below WM as a player.

Spikes is a better player by a lot career wse but as the article notes after his injury we are hopeful but declarations as to his quality as a player are speculative at this point.

Fletcher is a more valuable player because of his mental smarts amd bersatility, but WM is cetainly competitive with him if one wants to make some fantasy judgments as to who is a better player.

McGee is probably the clear case of him being a better player than QM as his ST p;ay and leading the league in KR makes him not only a more valuable player but i think even a better one,

Schobel had impressive numbers of sacks and has developed great athleticism as he shed lbs. as ordered so he could pass cover in the zone blitz. We will see how he does now that I think he will be used properly to emphasis his rushing accomplishments. However, there is still a wildcard out there as he will need to put back on a few lbs so he is strong at the POA which likely will be essential for him with our DTs shootting the gaps a lot and depending on our GRs to seal the outside of the line while the LBs patrol the middle. I like Schobel but I'd rate WM the better player at this point, though Schobel can surpass him with a breakout year.

I think their contention of WM being the best player now that Moulds is gone, but it certainly is a reasonable assertion if this is his comp.

Clements

Spikes

Fletcher

McGee

Schobel

726498[/snapback]

Absolutely! And probably Moorman and a few others. I think Willis may be the most overrated Buffalo Bill in the last decade.

Well that and an offensive game plan not written by a monkey in front of a typewriter

726464[/snapback]

Meathead don't type. He's like a cartoon character where suddenly the lightbulb turns on and eureka. That's when we know we're effed.

they somehow think that bennie anderson is still on the team....  :doh:

726436[/snapback]

that's what I would have posted.....I'm suprised they didn't list Rueben Brown as a key part of the offensive line.