This just in...Jason Peters

I am so sick and tired of hearing this crap about Peter's run blocking being sub par. If anyone watches film of the second half of last year's season, check out how terrible Chris V. was. Either he's getting too old or he was injured more than we knew last year because he absolutely sucked. Check out the Cincy game where he gets completely turned around on the goaline on back to back plays (literally, he was facing the wrong way when both plays ended).

A lot of people claim that as soon as MW's left the lineup and Peters took over at RT, Willis's production dropped off significantly....maybe so, but I blaim this on Chris V.'s performance in the last eight games of last year.

If you have the opportunity to go back and watch the games....do it, and watch Peters because he sure as hell can Run Block. Lets not forget that he's still developing but if you want to see what he's capable of watch the second Jets game and then come tell me his Run Blocking skills are below average.

I am so sick and tired of hearing this crap about Peter's run blocking being sub par.  If anyone watches film of the second half of last year's season, check out how terrible Chris V. was.  Either he's getting too old or he was injured more than we knew last year because he absolutely sucked.  Check out the Cincy game where he gets completely turned around on the goaline on back to back plays (literally, he was facing the wrong way when both plays ended). 

A lot of people claim that as soon as MW's left the lineup and Peters took over at RT, Willis's production dropped off significantly....maybe so, but I blaim this on Chris V.'s performance in the last eight games of last year. 

If you have the opportunity to go back and watch the games....do it, and watch Peters because he sure as hell can Run Block.  Lets not forget that he's still developing but if you want to see what he's capable off watch the second Jets game and then come tell me his Run Blocking skills are below average.

723125[/snapback]

If you are sick and tired maybe you should take a nap. Or maybe a warm glass of milk might help. Try and relax.

If you are sick and tired maybe you should take a nap. Or maybe a warm glass of milk might help. Try and relax.

723129[/snapback]

Thanks for the advice ;) , I'm just making my observations of why this team didn't have much success running to the right the second half of last year.

I am so sick and tired of hearing this crap about Peter's run blocking being sub par.  If anyone watches film of the second half of last year's season, check out how terrible Chris V. was.  Either he's getting too old or he was injured more than we knew last year because he absolutely sucked.  Check out the Cincy game where he gets completely turned around on the goaline on back to back plays (literally, he was facing the wrong way when both plays ended). 

If you have the opportunity to go back and watch the games....do it, and watch Peters because he sure as hell can Run Block.  Lets not forget that he's still developing but if you want to see what he's capable off watch the second Jets game and then come tell me his Run Blocking skills are below average.

723125[/snapback]

I totally agree. If you watch closely on almost every running play you see Peters hitting guys on the second level. I really believe it was the interior of the line that caused the running game to suffer.

I totally agree.  If you watch closely on almost every running play you see Peters hitting guys on the second level.  I really believe it was the interior of the line that caused the running game to suffer.

723150[/snapback]

Luckily that position was upgraded this off-season.

This is ridiculous, I already posted this on another thread....

The Bills increased their average to the right side of 3.1 ypc to the right to 4.4 ypc to the right side in the games that Peters started at RT.....

The left side suffered, not the right, which increased with Peters production.

Folks.....Villy was playing HURT last year

723194[/snapback]

That's been my understanding. He missed time, but even when he played, he wasn't close to 100%. That he played is testament either to Mularkey's stupidity or the lack of depth. Probably a little of both.

That's been my understanding.  He missed time, but even when he played, he wasn't close to 100%.  That he played is testament either to Mularkey's stupidity or the lack of depth.  Probably a little of both.

723208[/snapback]

Well, I just don't see him getting it back at that age. If I thought he were a premier guard before the injuries, maybe. But I don't think he's that smart, and I don't think his play's been so good that his job should be considered safe. Best case scenario is that playing for Jauron again inspires him.

Well, according to today's threads we are SOLID at tackle this year. Thank god, because I was a little worried.

723198[/snapback]

Opinions of Gandy run the gamut, from worthless to nearly an all pro. The truth is probably somewhere close to the middle. He's serviciable with quick feet and solid technique, but he's not the stud most teams would like to see playing the left tackle spot. We can get by with him if we get decent play out of the left guard position, the worst spot on the line last season.

Most local people are high on Peters. The most negative comment you hear most of the time is that he is inexperienced. He seemed to durvive last year thought, and he's certainly not getting less experienced with the passage of time. There are a few ignoramous national media types who can't get past the fact he was a tight end all the way through college.

723194[/snapback]

Even so, I think he is perhaps the most vulnerable starter on the line. If Duke ends up starting, I think it will be at RG rather than on the left over Reyes.

If you have the opportunity to go back and watch the games....do it, and watch Peters because he sure as hell can Run Block.  Lets not forget that he's still developing but if you want to see what he's capable of watch the second Jets game and then come tell me his Run Blocking skills are below average.

723125[/snapback]

He hasn't been a very good run blocker at this stage, but he's only played the position for 1 year, and he was put there more for his mobility and footwork in pass protection. As he becomes more natural at pass protection on the OL, watch for him to get out in space, and start hitting guys on the run, and be a DOMINANT run blocker.

He will develop into a great blocker especially on outside runs and screen plays.

723194[/snapback]

At his best Villerial would have been considered a solid Guard and now old mother time is gaining on him quick. believe what we saw last year from him was an athlete hitting the wall. We better have a replacement ready to go

At his best Villerial would have been considered a solid Guard and now old mother time is gaining on him quick. believe what we saw last year from him was an athlete hitting the wall. We better have a replacement ready to go

Villy was an above-average OG in his prime, but it's true that age and injuries have taken their toll. From what I've been hearing, Duke is nipping at his heels at RG, which is good news.

Villy was an above-average OG in his prime, but it's true that age and injuries have taken their toll.  From what I've been hearing, Duke is nipping at his heels at RG, which is good news.

723855[/snapback]

I think Duke really has a shot at RG, maybe he gets his first crack the minute Villarial gets hurt and then never looks back.

IF that happened, we would have three new starters on the line from guard to guard which, I and many others have long thought, was where the real problems on the line were all along despite Williams' mediocrity.