Talk about doom and gloom ....

merlin

Stephen Nover?? Who is this guy? Anyone think he has any credibility whatsoever?

He sure rips the Bills, and takes a couple of "cheap shots" and Ralph and Marv, mostly because of their age.

"... With a bad offensive line, a serious deficiency at quarterback and a 29th-ranked defense learning a new system, the Bills will be lucky to match last season’s five wins.

The team’s owner, Ralph Wilson, is 88. General manager Marv Levy is 80 and has been out of coaching nearly 10 years. Dick Jauron is a recycled head coach after stints as the head man in Chicago in 2003 and at Detroit last year. He’s never impressed or excited anyone with his unimaginative offenses and boring demeanor. "

"...Buffalo has the worst passing attack east of San Francisco. Levy wasted much of his budget signing No. 4-type wide receivers rather than upgrade a bad offensive line. I’m surprised Levy didn’t look to add Don Beebe.

The Bills were 28th in total yards and 30th in red-zone efficiency last year and they may be even worse this season. Holcomb is decent – in a backup role – while Losman has proven so disappointing the Bills signed Packers clipboard carrier Craig Nall, who they claim is in the mix to start. Fortunately for Buffalo that’s probably not going to happen, but it shows how little this new Buffalo regime thinks of Losman. "

"... The Bills could be out of it by October. Really. "

OMG! WE'RE DOOOOOMED!!!!

:w00t::P

The over under is a reasonably fair figure. I'm figuring the Bills to win 7-8 games, not far from the over under figure. Noyer, however sacrifices intelligent analysis for the sake of hyperbole. I'm sure he's go the ages right. He accuses Levy of "rust" which translated means stupidity in the failure to sign a star WR to replace Moulds. The thing Noyer seems not to realize is that Buffalo had so many changes to make with relatively modest cap room that with would have been sheer stupidity to Levy to blow the wad on one player. Besides, beyond Terrell Owens, whom no one in their right minds would expect Levy to bring to Buffalo, how many big star WRs were available in free agency.

His remark about Mularkey knowing all about the Bills smacks of idiocy too. Yes, there is a fair amoung of personnel carry over, but Buffalo has a new offensive system, and new defensive system. The defensive system is in particular is radically different from the Jerry Gray days. Mularkey's old playbooks are going to be totally useless helping the Dolphins prepare for the Bills.

Dick Jauron has not been known for imaginitive offenses in the past, but everything I perceive about the Bills staff suggests Jauron has basically handed the offensive show to Fairchild. Fairchild has a broad offensive background, both with the power running game and air Martz. He is not going to run a Jauron offence. The Bills are going to run a Fairchild offence.

This is going to be a rebuilding process for the Bills. They are not going to win the division this year. An incredible number of things would have to go right for them to be a wild card team. But Levy has to his credit established a personality and a direction to the team. They may surprise a few people, including idiots like Stephen Noyer.

Stephen Nover?? Who is this guy?  Anyone think he has any credibility whatsoever?

He sure rips the Bills, and takes a couple of "cheap shots" and Ralph and Marv, mostly because of their age.

"... With a bad offensive line, a serious deficiency at quarterback and a 29th-ranked defense learning a new system, the Bills will be lucky to match last season’s five wins.

The team’s owner, Ralph Wilson, is 88. General manager Marv Levy is 80 and has been out of coaching nearly 10 years. Dick Jauron is a recycled head coach after stints as the head man in Chicago in 2003 and at Detroit last year. He’s never impressed or excited anyone with his unimaginative offenses and boring demeanor. "

"...Buffalo has the worst passing attack east of San Francisco. Levy wasted much of his budget signing No. 4-type wide receivers rather than upgrade a bad offensive line. I’m surprised Levy didn’t look to add Don Beebe.

The Bills were 28th in total yards and 30th in red-zone efficiency last year and they may be even worse this season. Holcomb is decent – in a backup role – while Losman has proven so disappointing the Bills signed Packers clipboard carrier Craig Nall, who they claim is in the mix to start. Fortunately for Buffalo that’s probably not going to happen, but it shows how little this new Buffalo regime thinks of Losman. "

OMG!  WE'RE DOOOOOMED!!!!

:w00t:  :lol:

721670[/snapback]

Hey, this is the best. I hope it continues. I hope that everyone from Ralph Wilson down to the water boy is reading all the gloom and doom. As a player or coach or GM it has to be highly motivating to read this stuff. They get no respect from anyone and they have everything to prove - all of them. This is the kind of stuff that will bring the team together and make them even more determined. That goes a long way in all sports and in life.

Bring on the negativity! Bring it all and don't forget it!

Hey, this is the best.  I hope it continues.  I hope that everyone from Ralph Wilson down to the water boy is reading all the gloom and doom.  As a player or coach or GM it has to be highly motivating to read this stuff.  They get no respect from anyone and they have everything to prove - all of them.  This is the kind of stuff that will bring the team together and make them even more determined.  That goes a long way in all sports and in life.

Bring on the negativity!  Bring it all and don't forget it!

721716[/snapback]

:w00t:

If only motivation was a good substitute for talent.

:w00t:

If only motivation was a good substitute for talent.

721776[/snapback]

Remember back in the Bills' Superbowl years when the Dolphins had something like 22 former first-round picks on their roster...and went 9-7?

Conversely...remember Damien Covington? Or Phil Hansen, for that matter?

I'll take a pedestrian but motivated player over a talented slug any day. Hell, one of the problems the Bills have had the past few years is too many talented players trying to make showy plays and not enough Phil Hansens making workmanlike plays every down.

I recall 'ole whitey being exciting in the offseason with various moves and his genius coaches blowing horns over the preseason, outthinking themselves in the red zone with wierd playcalling, and playing the "guess who is playing qb this week" shell game last year. Look where it got us. Maybe we need a little "boring demeanor."

That's one of the reasons why I actually did like our draft. We may not have come away with the "big names". But I think we landed a number of guys that will manage to contribute right away. It was a common theme that Marv used in free agency -- not many big splashes, but potentially solid, young performers who may be on the verge of breaking through.

As for Jauron, I think his style meshes well with Marv's. So, if nothing else, they seem to be on the same page. I see that as a bit of a variation on what TD di with his head coaches -- he looked for guys that he felt he could control.

No primetime games in 6 years?

Last time I checked, they played the Bronco's last year in primetime, and have faced NE a couple times on Primetime since DB was here

It just the usual, they sucked last year, and didn't sign any big name players to improve the team so they will suck again, probably worse cause they got rid of big name guys. Oh, yeah, and Marv and Ralph are old, so they will suck even more.

There is too much change from last year to go off of last years record and say it will carry over to this year. No more MM and his coaching staff, TD, no MW and Bennie on the o-line. Some decent (but not superstar players) were brought in. A new coaching staff with some experience came in to replace an inept one. New schemes and new plays are being brought in. The better QB will be chosen to start the season instead of one being handed the job before showing what they could do. This team has a chance to surprise many this year and be very competitive, but could also do just as predicted and be horrible next season.

I'm not going to get pissed off cause some 4th rate reporter from a website I have never heard of, thinks the Bills are the worst team in the league because he read it from other reporters and reused their reasons. If he were to give me reasons why they will suck instead of just Jauron has a losing record, Marv and Ralph are old, they lost Moulds, They had a bad draft (which there is no proof of yet), or they sucked the last couple seasons, I might actually listen

Remember back in the Bills' Superbowl years when the Dolphins had something like 22 former first-round picks on their roster...and went 9-7?

Conversely...remember Damien Covington?  Or Phil Hansen, for that matter?

I'll take a pedestrian but motivated player over a talented slug any day.  Hell, one of the problems the Bills have had the past few years is too many talented players trying to make showy plays and not enough Phil Hansens making workmanlike plays every down.

721785[/snapback]

It's amazing with all these talented players, the best we could do was put together a stretch where we beat up on an awful NFC West one year

Conversely...remember Damien Covington?  Or Phil Hansen, for that matter?

I'll take a pedestrian but motivated player over a talented slug any day.  Hell, one of the problems the Bills have had the past few years is too many talented players trying to make showy plays and not enough Phil Hansens making workmanlike plays every down.

721785[/snapback]

Well said. Unfortunately that was the Hallmark of the Donahoe era...Looks good on paper, sh------- on turf.

Good thing the Sabres didn't listen to the pre-season forecasts. It's not original to pick the Bills last and to forecast any of the uncertainties to tank. I don't believe we are in as dire of a situation as this guy wants you to believe. The team is progressing.

Good thing the Sabres didn't listen to the pre-season forecasts.  It's not original to pick the Bills last and to forecast any of the uncertainties to tank.  I don't believe we are in as dire of a situation as this guy wants you to believe.  The team is progressing.

721883[/snapback]

It's easier picking non-winning lottery numbers than winners. I'm 100% so far.

PTR

Stephen Nover?? Who is this guy?  Anyone think he has any credibility whatsoever?

OMG!  WE'RE DOOOOOMED!!!!

:doh:  :P

721670[/snapback]

I don't know if you are aware of this but our line has been bad for years. Why does it surprise you? Man, it got worse when DB was cut; not better as many on board predicted WOULD happen. :o