"Rocky Balboa"

buckeyemike

This actually looks interesting.

Like many of you, I grew up with these movies. So, this is intriguing, to say the least. I have no idea if it's actually good, and trailers usually show the best parts of movies, but I like the concept of a Rocky in his late 50s (with Adrian dead and his son estranged) trying to mount a comeback for one last fight.

Hard to believe it's been sixteen years since "Rocky V"...which wasn't very good.

Mike

Like many of you, I grew up with these movies.  So, this is intriguing, to say the least.  I have no idea if it's actually good, and trailers usually show the best parts of movies, but I like the concept of a Rocky in his late 50s (with Adrian dead and his son estranged) trying to mount a comeback for one last fight.

Hard to believe it's been sixteen years since "Rocky V"...which wasn't very good.

Mike

721162[/snapback]

First- 'Rocky V never happened. NEVER. We shall never speak of it again.

Second- Adrian dead? The movie might have a chance. She should have croaked after the second one, all she did was suck the life out of the films.

Like many of you, I grew up with these movies.  So, this is intriguing, to say the least.  I have no idea if it's actually good, and trailers usually show the best parts of movies, but I like the concept of a Rocky in his late 50s (with Adrian dead and his son estranged) trying to mount a comeback for one last fight.

Mike

721162[/snapback]

I agree. Rocky V sucked. I hope this one is better. I'll go see it just because. Call it a guilty pleasure but I always loved the scenes where he trains "unconventionally" and those scenes always pumped me up...

Second- Adrian dead? The movie might have a chance. She should have croaked after the second one, all she did was suck the life out of the films.

721168[/snapback]

1) Bill Simmons agrees. :doh: I wonder what he has to say about the new film.

2) Adrian will appear in flashback sequences, so she's not totally absent.

Mike

721168[/snapback]

Ahem. I was an extra in that movie. My work ended up on the cutting room floor, but I'm telling you... it was described as "Hamlet in West Philly".

When I heard Sly wanted to write and direct another Rocky movie, I cringed.

But I'll admit, I did get excited watching that trailer...we'll see.

721304[/snapback]

Originally he wrote it as a musical.

I wish I were kidding.

More importantly, "Jackass 2" is also coming out.

721365[/snapback]

Oh man, I totally expected to hate the 'Jackass' movie, but I did not stop laughing from beginning til end. It completely caught me off-guard, cause I'd seen the tv show once or twice and just thought it was kinda dumb.

As for Rocky, back in '83 I was eleven years old. My best friend friend calls me up and says, "hey, you wanna go see a movie?" I told him I'd love to go, and then we started talking about what we were going to see. He said he and his dad were really wanting to see Rocky III, whereas that suggestion had no appeal to me. In fact, after I told him "I'd think about it" or something like that, I remember even telling my mom how much I DIDN'T want to see this film. Anyway, I called him back and told him I'd go. I remember sitting in that theater when the film started with a replay of the ending to Rocky II (which I'd never seen) and the championship belt slowly moving across the screen, all of sudden being totally into the movie. By the time we got back home we were taking his mom's pillows into the basement and duct taping them around a pole so that we could box like Rocky. I've been a huge fan of the series ever since, and it was my first dose of, "just because you don't THINK you'll like something doesn't mean ya won't."

But will Brigitte Nielsen and Flavor Flav be in it....

721306[/snapback]

But they're not together anymore.

There have been rumors she's married again...for the fifth or sixth time.

Mike

1) Bill Simmons agrees.  :o  I wonder what he has to say about the new film.

Yeah, Rocky V is right up there with Godfather III as things that people think happened but never actually happened. :doh:

2) Adrian will appear in flashback sequences, so she's not totally absent.

Awesome. If it's anything like that scene in Rocky IV where he's driving around in his car at night in the rain after Creed dies, it should be memorable.

Mike

721162[/snapback]

"....blunt force trauma" :o

between Rocky and Jackass I wonder which movie will have more "blunt force trauma".