The Bills are hiring - Ticket Sales Coordinator

Ticket Sales Coordinator - Buffalo Bills (Orchard Park, NY)

Sales & Marketing: Ticket Sales

Ticket Sales Coordinator - Buffalo Bills (Orchard Park, NY)

Hours: Full-time

Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience + commission

Job Summary/Responsibilities:

Responsible for selling season tickets, group tickets and premium seating over the telephone, through corporate face-to-face presentations and via electronic mail.

Service and up sell existing clients.

Manage and maintain incumbent group accounts to ensure overall customer satisfaction and repeat business.

Create new ideas to increase ticket sales.

Computer work (ticketing system, CRM software, Microsoft Office).

Maintain accurate records of all interactions with prospective and current clients.

Perform basic office functions as needed.

Attain ticket goals of the department each season.

Provide the highest standard in customer service to all clients.

Work evenings, game days and weekends as needed.

The Buffalo Bills retain the right to change this job description at any time.

Experience/Skills:

The ideal candidate should be aggressive, competitive, professional, mature, self-starting and committed to the sports industry.

Any experience working for a team, athletic department, or event is beneficial.

Prior telemarketing and/or sales experience are preferred.

Strong communication skills are a necessity.

A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is preferred.

“WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. Yes/No: Do you have prior ticket sales experience; specifically making sales calls?

2. Yes/No: Do you have at least a bachelor’s degree?

3. Yes/No: Have you worked for a sports team, college or other sports organization?

To apply, click on the link at the top of the post.

Good God, if I could move back to Buffalo, I would apply in a second!

I am a "yes" on all of those questions!

Ironically, when I was younger, and full of dreams, working for the Bills was near the top of my "fantasy jobs", now I couldn't work for them, even if I wanted to...damn you hands of fate! :lol:

Good God, if I could move back to Buffalo, I would apply in a second!

I am a "yes" on all of those questions!

Ironically, when I was younger, and full of dreams, working for the Bills was near the top of my "fantasy jobs", now I couldn't work for them, even if I wanted to...damn you hands of fate! :lol:

718811[/snapback]

Just curious, what is keeping you from coming back?

Just curious, what is keeping you from coming back?

718828[/snapback]

My girl would never move to Buffalo...she doesn't hate it, but she hates cold weather...Buffalo, I fear, seems to be an acquired taste. If you are born and raised there, more than likely, you have a fondness for it, to some degree at least...if you aren't from there, it is a hard sell...where we live right now (Austin, TX) blows Buffalo away, on paper anyways...but Buffalo will always be home to me...I would love to be able to justify a move there...

I'm quite sure that job would pay much more than I make now. 

I'll do it.

719209[/snapback]

But you would only be good for doing in person sales.....

"You DO want to buy these seats TODAY!"

That job sounds HORRIBLE - it doesn't matter who you're working for, telemarketing on the weekends and specifically on GAME DAY?

Oh deary.

Not only that, but you have to "service existing clients".

719015[/snapback]

Where does it say on game day? That would seem the worst day to be calling.

Where does it say on game day?  That would seem the worst day to be calling.

719536[/snapback]

Under job responsibilites. You're probably not calling, instead you're meeting with clients at games to make sure everythings okay, and see if they need more tickets.

That job sounds HORRIBLE - it doesn't matter who you're working for, telemarketing on the weekends and specifically on GAME DAY?

Oh deary.

Not only that, but you have to "service existing clients".

719015[/snapback]

I guarantee this job blows. I use to do this same type of job for the Atlanta Braves. You cold call people, and that just flat out bites. And you usually have a quota in the off-season to do so.

Also, you are cold calling businesses alot to try and sell them suites and billboard / signage advertising inside the stadium. Probably helping with season tickets in some capacity......all ticket people do that.

Almost any job in tickets in professional sports sucks. There is virtually no time to be a fan whatsoever, and even though you would be working for the Bills, it really sucks.

Notice the telemarketing keywords and things like that. This is an entry level, peon job, for those just out of college trying to get experience.

:D

I guarantee this job blows.  I use to do this same type of job for the Atlanta Braves.  You cold call people, and that just flat out bites.  And you usually have a quota in the off-season to do so. 

:D

719898[/snapback]

I had, what sounds like, a similar job with the New Jersey Nets, back in the late 1980's...talk about a hard sell...I kind of had fun though...plus, likely because the Nets were so awful, we got free tickets a lot...got to see a young MJ, Baclay, the Celtics (my fave team!), showtime Lakers...they hired a crap load of people for the job, and then canned everyone after the season was over...