Bills Backers question for DC/N Va./S Md residents

Ramius

One of our Tally bills backers members and a good friend is moving up to the DC area. His girl is going back to school at georgetown. I wanted to get some info from any of you guys on when and where you guys go to watch the games. I dont know yet where he is planning on living.

My buddy is a really great guy, huge fan, knowledgeable, and just great to talk football with. His only fault is that he likes flutie.

Anyways, if anyone who lives in the area wants to PM me with some info, or send me a PM and i can give you his email address so you can send some info right to him. And, yes, I know he could look up the backers on the bills website, but he wanted some "trusted" info, and i told him i'd dig some up for him.

Thanks in advance.

In Northern Virginia, there used to be a bar on Gallows Rd/Rt 50 intersection

which showed all the Bills Games (I forget the name of the place, it was 7

years ago)

714283[/snapback]

Greavey's was the place. I don't know if they are still the Bills Backers bar for NoVa.

PTR

Greavey's was the place.  I don't know if they are still the Bills Backers bar for NoVa.

PTR

714352[/snapback]

Went to Greavey's once a few years ago ... it was a blast, they even had Genny Pounders. It was in Falls Church, though I don't know if it's still there.

Went to Greavey's once a few years ago ... it was a blast, they even had Genny Pounders. It was in Falls Church, though I don't know if it's still there.

714529[/snapback]

Greaveys is still there....still a Bills backers bar

714622[/snapback]

Like Steven said, Grevey's is still there. Wings aren't bad, either.

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Reston, VA is an absolute riot on Bills Sundays. They have Buffalo memorabilia all over the walls, great wings, Blue and Molson on tap, and the staff goes nuts. They play songs on the PA and give out prizes too. I'm 22, and my friends and I go there and have a great time, but there's always tons of families there as well. I recommend Jimmy's to anyone who lives in the DC area.

How could I forget, every time the Bills score they play Shout, and someone has to run around the restaurant and high-five every single person there. If you can complete that task, they buy you a beer.

My brother lives in Reston and goes to Jimmy's. I can vouch for/second it, having visited there once. They'll even show the Sabres during the regular season.

He thought McFadden's seemed a little cold but felt that was probably because he didn't know anybody there.

My brother lives in Reston and goes to Jimmy's.  I can vouch for/second it, having visited there once.  They'll even show the Sabres during the regular season.

He thought McFadden's seemed a little cold but felt that was probably because he didn't know anybody there.

715711[/snapback]

Could also be cold because a taxi ran through the front window last night

If you buddy ends up living a little south of D.C., which is becoming more and more common, there is a growing group of Bills Backers in Fredericksburg. There was about anywhere from 15-35 Bills fans for each game last season at the Hard Time Cafe and Cue at the cornder of U.S. 1 and Courthouse Rd. Click on the link in my sig line if you need more info. The Bills game is on each week on a large screen with sound. I won't be there this year as I jsut moved to Maryland, but it waas a good time last year in Fredericksburg.