New Ducks Uniforms: Hope the Sabres

SilverNRed

Whoever designed the Cleveland Brown's uniforms must be a pretty good negotiator... I can just imagine the meeting with the higher ups in Cleveland

"Here's my idea... we give them an Orange helmet"

:rolleyes:

:doh:

"Sounds great... Let's go get some lunch!"

Wow, the first batch of new NHL jerseys for the 2006-2007 are out and they are not pretty.

Ducks = Penguins + some Flyers sprinkled in?

Linkage May take a minute to load.

Who did the Sabres hire to do their new ones?  It wasn't the same guy was it? :rolleyes:

712677[/snapback]

I don't know why...maybe the models...but to me it looks like a costume for a Swedish pop music group...

Whoever designed the Cleveland Brown's uniforms must be a pretty good negtiator... I can just imagine the meeting with the higher ups in Cleveland

"Here's my idea... we give them an Orange helmet"

:rolleyes:

"Sounds great... Let's go get some lunch!"

712744[/snapback]

Funniest thing you ever posted.

At least intentionally. :D

They look like cans of Black Horse Ale.

712690[/snapback]

Or cans of King Cobra.

I don't care for them. Why change? They had one of the better looking logos in the league. At least it had a little originality too it.

Now they look like the Saints.

ANyone know when the Sabres will reveil thier new duds?

And let us hope that is not a foreshadowed pun...

713149[/snapback]

That was an incredible pun if you meant it that way. And, no, let's hope not.

Sabres are NOT unveiling anything in time for the draft (tomorrow). The thinking is they'll wait until closer to the season (maybe right before training camp?) to help get people fired up about the team when the town is usually more focused on football (though how could that possibly be a problem now given the state of each team?).

It's the "modified" in "modified blue and gold" that concerns me. I don't want Penguins gold or (now) Ducks bronze. Buffalo's idea of gold is yellow.

BTW, why do the new Ducks uniforms suck?

1. They don't have a logo. They have a wordmark. They told the designers to come up with something that screams "DUCKS" and what they came up with was the word "DUCKS." Thanks. ;)

2. They went from original uniforms, that could never be confused with any other team, to asymmetrical versions of the Penguins uniforms. Oh, but not gold, bronze.

3. 95% of the jersey is white or black. How exciting.

4. The one interesting aspect of the uniform was adding a thin orange line to the jersey and socks. Why? Because it's "Orange County Orange." Unfortunately, the one instance where they were creative is so underused that you can't even see it without squinting and looking at the jersey from 2 feet away.

Maybe this is old news, or common knowledge, but has anyone verified that the Sabres are changing their uni's for this upcoming season?

I know it has been talked about, and I heard rumoured that they would be unveiled the weekend of the draft (same rumour as last year), but have seen nothing official. I really hate the current Sabres uniforms, and have been itching to buy my first ever hockey jersey. I just can't get myself to throwdown for the current ones. If I like the new ones, I will go with them, if not, I start looking for a retro Mike Foligno jersy...

Maybe this is old news, or common knowledge, but has anyone verified that the Sabres are changing their uni's for this upcoming season?

713336[/snapback]

Larry Quinn said it near the start of last season. People at sportslogos.net who've seen the official NHL logos and colors guide (sent to merchandising companies and video game makers) have confirmed it (they were dead on with the Ducks months ago).

BTW, why do the new Ducks uniforms suck?

1.  They don't have a logo.  They have a wordmark.  They told the designers to come up with something that screams "DUCKS" and what they came up with was the word "DUCKS."  Thanks.  ;)

2.  They went from original uniforms, that could never be confused with any other team, to asymmetrical versions of the Penguins uniforms.  Oh, but not gold, bronze.

3.  95% of the jersey is white or black.  How exciting.

4.  The one interesting aspect of the uniform was adding a thin orange line to the jersey and socks.  Why?  Because it's "Orange County Orange."  Unfortunately, the one instance where they were creative is so underused that you can't even see it without squinting and looking at the jersey from 2 feet away.

713333[/snapback]

I didnt mind the Ducks logo with the mask. Yes it is cartoonish,but its better than Ducks sprawled across the jersey.