ajzepp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not that one. I still have that one.  :o

718074[/snapback]

Okay, good...I feel better then lol

I you remember take a look in your local paper before Lent , many church groups have special Paczki sales.  Paczki still made by old country people or at least from their recipes.

718075[/snapback]

That's a good idea....I may even try and get the recipe from my family, even though I'd probably totally botch it up....those things were damn good!

You know, now that I think about it, have you guys really played a team that was anywhere near the caliber of Germany on offense? Ghana had a good WC, but they weren't lighting it up. The Czechs had a pretty solid game against us, but then played like crap....and that Kollar guy wasn't around when you played them. We played you to a draw (sort of), but we had a crap WC. The Aussies did well, but they didn't strike me as an offensive powerhouse. I dunno, it's not Italy's fault that they haven't had a tougher draw, cause they've beaten the teams they're supposed to beat.....but it's not going to surprise me if Germany puts a few in the back of the net......

You know, now that I think about it, have you guys really played a team that was anywhere near the caliber of Germany on offense? Ghana had a good WC, but they weren't lighting it up. The Czechs had a pretty solid game against us, but then played like crap....and that Kollar guy wasn't around when you played them. We played you to a draw (sort of), but we had a crap WC. The Aussies did well, but they didn't strike me as an offensive powerhouse. I dunno, it's not Italy's fault that they haven't had a tougher draw, cause they've beaten the teams they're supposed to beat.....but it's not going to surprise me if Germany puts a few in the back of the net......

718182[/snapback]

You fail to understand :doh:

In 1990, Argentina had a high powered offence with Maradona having won the WC by himself in 86. They didn't score a goal. Finished in penalties with Argentina winning.

In 1994, Brazil... same sh--, light em up attack with Romario and Bebeto. Same result as in 90.

In 1998, France... high powered offence with Zidane... didn't score a goal.

It's in the tradition. If you think Germany will be able to play as openly as they did vs other teams including Argentina (that has a sh-- def IMHO), you are highly mistaken. This game will be tight and tactical. Catenaccio is in the blood of the Italians. The rest of the world hates it and tbh, if I wasn't Italian, i would hate it as well.

You fail to understand  :doh:

In 1990, Argentina had a high powered offence with Maradona having won the WC by himself in 86.  They didn't score a goal.  Finished in penalties with Argentina winning.

In 1994,  Brazil... same sh--, light em up attack with Romario and Bebeto.  Same result as in 90.

In 1998, France... high powered offence with Zidane... didn't score a goal.

It's in the tradition.  If you think Germany will be able to play as openly as they did vs other teams including Argentina (that has a sh-- def IMHO), you are highly mistaken.  This game will be tight and tactical.

718185[/snapback]

Hmmmm....I dunno.....I think you might be in for a major asskickin' :lol::lol::P

Hmmmm....I dunno.....I think you might be in for a major asskickin'  :doh:  :lol:  :lol:

718186[/snapback]

"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and

at the end, the Germans always win

"Italians can't win the game against you, but you can lose the game

against the Italians."

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=195223&page=3

"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and

at the end, the Germans always win

"Italians can't win the game against you, but you can lose the game

against the Italians."

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=195223&page=3

718187[/snapback]

You got the chicken thawing out???

You know what? Seriously....I knew I loved this sport, but I'm so damn fired up for it right now it's ridiculous. I guess I never realized that I love it THIS much. I'm excited to keep tabs on the EPL, and probably even some of the other national leagues.....I want to learn as much as I can about the different competitions, clubs, and players. I also hope that they broadcast some of these exhibition matches when Barcelona comes over here to play the MLS all-starts....I know you said not to expect the best play, but I still want to see it. It's just a friggin awesome game!

You got the chicken thawing out??? 

You know what? Seriously....I knew I loved this sport, but I'm so damn fired up for it right now it's ridiculous. I guess I never realized that I love it THIS much. I'm excited to keep tabs on the EPL, and probably even some of the other national leagues.....I want to learn as much as I can about the different competitions, clubs, and players. I also hope that they broadcast some of these exhibition matches when Barcelona comes over here to play the MLS all-starts....I know you said not to expect the best play, but I still want to see it. It's just a friggin awesome game!

718188[/snapback]

Keep tabs on Serie A. It's much more interesting.

http://wc2006.telegraph.co.uk/Document.asp...23-FA67C928F16B

Keep tabs on Serie A.  It's much more interesting.

718189[/snapback]

Which are the top four teams in Serie A?

Which are the top four teams in Serie A?

718190[/snapback]

Juventus, Milan, Internazionale Milan and Roma.

Because of the scandals, the first two will be penalized. Roma is my favourite team and will be in the champions league this year. With the great captain, Francesco Totti :doh:

Juventus, Milan, Internazionale Milan and Roma. 

Because of the scandals, the first two will be penalized.  Roma is my favourite team and will be in the champions league this year.  With the great captain, Francesco Totti :doh:

718191[/snapback]

Is Milan the same as AC Milan? and Internazional Milan is Inter-Milan, yes?

Okay, I will officially follow Roma this year.....I've chosen Arsenal to follow in the EPL since Thierry Henry and Lehmann are both on that team. I don't know enough about the leagues to have a favorite team, but it helps to have one to keep track of.

so roma qualified for the champions league THIS year by their record from LAST year? Same with every other team that will play in the champions league, right?

Is Milan the same as AC Milan? and Internazional Milan is Inter-Milan, yes?

Okay, I will officially follow Roma this year.....I've chosen Arsenal to follow in the EPL since Thierry Henry and Lehmann are both on that team. I don't know enough about the leagues to have a favorite team, but it helps to have one to keep track of.

so roma qualified for the champions league THIS year by their record from LAST year? Same with every other team that will play in the champions league, right?

718192[/snapback]

Roma finished 5th. Because of the scandals, the top 2 teams lose their spot so Roma moves up.

Roma is considered the "good guy" team in Italy. Sort of the alternative for followers who want to follow a big club but don't want to be any part in cheating or match fixing. They won 3 titles. Juventus has 29 (two might be stripped away) Milan has 14, Inter has 13. And so on. It's all BS though. It happens everywhere.

Yes it is last years record. Inter - Milan is Internazionale Milan. And AC Milan is Assosciazione Calcio Milan.

Roma finished 5th.  Because of the scandals, the top 2 teams lose their spot so Roma moves up. 

Roma is considered the "good guy" team in Italy.  Sort of the alternative for followers who want to follow a big club but don't want to be any part in cheating or match fixing.  They won 3 titles.  Juventus has 29 (two might be stripped away) Milan has 14, Inter has 13.  And so on.  It's all BS though.  It happens everywhere. 

Yes it is last years record.  Inter - Milan is Internazionale Milan.  And AC Milan is Assosciazione Calcio Milan.

718194[/snapback]

Cool....Roma is offically my team then :doh: I'm pretty sure that Fox soccer channel carries the serie A games, too.

Cool....Roma is offically my team then :doh:  I'm pretty sure that Fox soccer channel carries the serie A games, too.

718198[/snapback]

No you'll need sky tv. Or else, you need RAI. Not sure how to get it.

I'll find out if there are any American satellites that carry it.

No you'll need sky tv.  Or else, you need RAI.  Not sure how to get it.

I'll find out if there are any American satellites that carry it.

718199[/snapback]

I think they actually carry sky tv at certain times.....if "sky sports news" is part of sky tv, then the FSC shares the channel with them at times.

Wow....what a friggin game....as much as I've enjoyed this WC, thats' the first match where I did not leave my seat. What a beautiful goal by Italy to avoid the penalty kicks.....great job by them. Hell, their second goal was a thing of beauty, too, but the game winner was absolutely perfect.

I give Germany a lot of credit, though, cause they were running to the ball all damn match. They played for the win in regulation, playing an aggressive, attacking game, which pretty much meant that if they didn't get the job done in the first 90 then they'd be in trouble in OT. The Germans have nothing to be ashamed of; they had a great tourney.

Congrats to Italy.....I think you have to say they are the favorites to take home the cup now.

I fell asleep and missed the whole thing... :lol:

718340[/snapback]

Geesh, I hope Meazza didn't do the same thing....lol

Don't worry, tomorrow's match should be as good or better :doh:

Holy sh--.   :doh:  Wow.  I mean, I hate the !@#$ing Eye-talians (bunch of pansy-ass divers)...but holy sh--.   :lol:

718325[/snapback]

What a genius this coach. What a mother!@#$ing genius.

Wow....what a friggin game....as much as I've enjoyed this WC, thats' the first match where I did not leave my seat. What a beautiful goal by Italy to avoid the penalty kicks.....great job by them. Hell, their second goal was a thing of beauty, too, but the game winner was absolutely perfect.

I give Germany a lot of credit, though, cause they were running to the ball all damn match. They played for the win in regulation, playing an aggressive, attacking game, which pretty much meant that if they didn't get the job done in the first 90 then they'd be in trouble in OT. The Germans have nothing to be ashamed of; they had a great tourney.

Congrats to Italy.....I think you have to say they are the favorites to take home the cup now.

718329[/snapback]

Today, Italy's coach did something I would have bet my life savings on that he wouldn't do. Take out two midfielders and put on two attackers in extra time.

And the Germans have been defeated.

Cannavaro, best defender in the world.

Buffon, incredible.

Today, Italy's coach did something I would have bet my life savings on that he wouldn't do.  Take out two midfielders and put on two attackers in extra time. 

And the Germans have been defeated. 

Cannavaro, best defender in the world.

Buffon, incredible.

718357[/snapback]

why would you not think he'd ever do that?? There's no way in hell Italy wanted to go to PKs....only made sense to try to prevent that from happening, and they did just that.

Congrats meazza.....

I heard you yell all the way here in WV when that first goal was scored...

That was a brilliant shot and no goalie in the world would have saved it.

I hope France smashes Portugal...I am listening to XM radio now and they are blasting the tactics used by Portugal......

And today I was glad to see good refereeing....

And today I was glad to see  good refereeing....

718374[/snapback]

wow, ain't that the truth! The referees took themselves out of the equation today, and they should be applauded for that. The game was VERY physical, but the refs called it very fairly. There was no controversy to this match whatsoever.....it was a battle of two great teams, and the match was decided in a dramatic fashion by one of the best goals of the tourney.

Tomorrow can't get here fast enough....France is playing very well the past two games, and Portugal is poised to give them a run. I think both teams will be at just about full strength, so I expect a great match.