*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

Roma finished 5th.  Because of the scandals, the top 2 teams lose their spot so Roma moves up. 

Roma is considered the "good guy" team in Italy.  Sort of the alternative for followers who want to follow a big club but don't want to be any part in cheating or match fixing.  They won 3 titles.  Juventus has 29 (two might be stripped away) Milan has 14, Inter has 13.  And so on.  It's all BS though.  It happens everywhere. 

Yes it is last years record.  Inter - Milan is Internazionale Milan.  And AC Milan is Assosciazione Calcio Milan.

718194[/snapback]

Cool....Roma is offically my team then :doh: I'm pretty sure that Fox soccer channel carries the serie A games, too.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool....Roma is offically my team then :doh:  I'm pretty sure that Fox soccer channel carries the serie A games, too.

718198[/snapback]

No you'll need sky tv. Or else, you need RAI. Not sure how to get it.

I'll find out if there are any American satellites that carry it.

No you'll need sky tv.  Or else, you need RAI.  Not sure how to get it.

I'll find out if there are any American satellites that carry it.

718199[/snapback]

I think they actually carry sky tv at certain times.....if "sky sports news" is part of sky tv, then the FSC shares the channel with them at times.

Wow....what a friggin game....as much as I've enjoyed this WC, thats' the first match where I did not leave my seat. What a beautiful goal by Italy to avoid the penalty kicks.....great job by them. Hell, their second goal was a thing of beauty, too, but the game winner was absolutely perfect.

I give Germany a lot of credit, though, cause they were running to the ball all damn match. They played for the win in regulation, playing an aggressive, attacking game, which pretty much meant that if they didn't get the job done in the first 90 then they'd be in trouble in OT. The Germans have nothing to be ashamed of; they had a great tourney.

Congrats to Italy.....I think you have to say they are the favorites to take home the cup now.

I fell asleep and missed the whole thing... :lol:

718340[/snapback]

Geesh, I hope Meazza didn't do the same thing....lol

Don't worry, tomorrow's match should be as good or better :doh:

Holy sh--.   :doh:  Wow.  I mean, I hate the !@#$ing Eye-talians (bunch of pansy-ass divers)...but holy sh--.   :lol:

718325[/snapback]

What a genius this coach. What a mother!@#$ing genius.

Wow....what a friggin game....as much as I've enjoyed this WC, thats' the first match where I did not leave my seat. What a beautiful goal by Italy to avoid the penalty kicks.....great job by them. Hell, their second goal was a thing of beauty, too, but the game winner was absolutely perfect.

I give Germany a lot of credit, though, cause they were running to the ball all damn match. They played for the win in regulation, playing an aggressive, attacking game, which pretty much meant that if they didn't get the job done in the first 90 then they'd be in trouble in OT. The Germans have nothing to be ashamed of; they had a great tourney.

Congrats to Italy.....I think you have to say they are the favorites to take home the cup now.

718329[/snapback]

Today, Italy's coach did something I would have bet my life savings on that he wouldn't do. Take out two midfielders and put on two attackers in extra time.

And the Germans have been defeated.

Cannavaro, best defender in the world.

Buffon, incredible.

Today, Italy's coach did something I would have bet my life savings on that he wouldn't do.  Take out two midfielders and put on two attackers in extra time. 

And the Germans have been defeated. 

Cannavaro, best defender in the world.

Buffon, incredible.

718357[/snapback]

why would you not think he'd ever do that?? There's no way in hell Italy wanted to go to PKs....only made sense to try to prevent that from happening, and they did just that.

Congrats meazza.....

I heard you yell all the way here in WV when that first goal was scored...

That was a brilliant shot and no goalie in the world would have saved it.

I hope France smashes Portugal...I am listening to XM radio now and they are blasting the tactics used by Portugal......

And today I was glad to see good refereeing....

And today I was glad to see  good refereeing....

718374[/snapback]

wow, ain't that the truth! The referees took themselves out of the equation today, and they should be applauded for that. The game was VERY physical, but the refs called it very fairly. There was no controversy to this match whatsoever.....it was a battle of two great teams, and the match was decided in a dramatic fashion by one of the best goals of the tourney.

Tomorrow can't get here fast enough....France is playing very well the past two games, and Portugal is poised to give them a run. I think both teams will be at just about full strength, so I expect a great match.