*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

And I quote

Holding off a team for 45 minutes with 1 man down for a shady red is nothing though.

717614[/snapback]

Yeah, but I'm AJZepp.....he's Hardy Pyle :o I dont know if Italy had an easy draw or not....I can only go on what I've seen this WC...You guys know more about how they've played leading up to it. All I can tell you is that Portugal is no slouch, and I think the fact that they lose to teams they shouldn't (e.g. you mentioned Greece) is evidence of the fact that they get lazy and/or overconfident. But from what I've seen over the past three weeks, they are talented....and at times they play inspired soccer....and teams like that at LEAST have the capability to be the spoiler. Whether they show up or nt is a different story.

My only real statement about Italy is that I don't believe they shut out the Germans.....we'll put up at least one on ya, but if Frings, Klose, and Ballack (who I think is an injury question mark) are on their game, they may go ape sh-- on you. I know your defense is sick, so it will be a great match-up.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but I'm AJZepp.....he's Hardy Pyle  :o    I dont know if Italy had an easy draw or not....I can only go on what I've seen this WC...You guys know more about how they've played leading up to it. All I can tell you is that Portugal is no slouch, and I think the fact that they lose to teams they shouldn't (e.g. you mentioned Greece) is evidence of the fact that they get lazy and/or overconfident. But from what I've seen over the past three weeks, they are talented....and at times they play inspired soccer....and teams like that at LEAST have the capability to be the spoiler. Whether they show up or nt is a different story.

My only real statement about Italy is that I don't believe they shut out the Germans.....we'll put up at least one on ya, but if Frings, Klose, and Ballack (who I think is an injury question mark) are on their game, they may go ape sh-- on you. I know your defense is sick, so it will be a great match-up.

717615[/snapback]

You will see what I mean once France faces Portugal on Wednesday.

Frings should be suspended for punching out a player, if he is not, FIFA is clearly biased. Ballack is somewhat injured and Klose will be marked by Cannavaro all game. We'll see.

You will see what I mean once France faces Portugal on Wednesday.

Frings should be suspended for punching out a player, if he is not, FIFA is clearly biased.  Ballack is somewhat injured and Klose will be marked by Cannavaro all game.  We'll see.

717616[/snapback]

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!

So then it's an easy schedule.

Hardy Pyle is an idiot.  If he really believes that Australia would have won that game, he's on heavy crack. 

Even if Italy were to beat Germany, people would still spew out utter bullschitt.

717610[/snapback]

wow...heavy crack...it took till the 90th minute for Italy to score on a questionable penalty and your saying I'm on heavy crack?

Your very ignorant - Australia was carrying the play, and without that penalty, it looked like they were going to score.

As far as being an Idiot - I've probably forgotten more about soccer than you've ever known.

Easiest schedule my ass.  Cheer for whoever you want but every team gets lucky bounces.  I need not remind you of the hand of God, yet is anyone insisting that Argentina get a star removed from their shirt?

717603[/snapback]

If your bringing up the hand of god...that was also set off by the most brilliant display of football in world cup history by Deigo Maradonna.

What has Italy shown? Where's South Korea when you need them.

Italy does what every team that does not have the talent the other team does. They play negative football and wait to counter.

I hope the script goes like this - they beat the Germans and then get crushed in the finals! Unlikely though.

If your bringing up the hand of god...that was also set off by the most brilliant display of football in world cup history by Deigo Maradonna.

What has Italy shown? Where's South Korea when you need them.

Italy does what every team that does not have the talent the other team does. They play negative football and wait to counter.

I hope the script goes like this - they beat the Germans and then get crushed in the finals! Unlikely though.

717798[/snapback]

Brilliant display of football? HE SCORED ON A HANDBALL.

It's funny that you bring up South Korea. Especially since there was 2 perfectly good disallowed goals in that game. The referee, Byron Moreno was fired right after that game.

Dumb Phuck.

wow...heavy crack...it took till the 90th minute for Italy to score on a questionable penalty and your saying I'm on heavy crack?

Your very ignorant - Australia was carrying the play, and without that penalty, it looked like they were going to score.

As far as being an Idiot - I've probably forgotten more about soccer than you've ever known.

717790[/snapback]

Where did it look like the Aussies were gonna score. I'm sorry but not being able to score for 45 minutes on an opponent that has a man down. It is Hiddinks fault that Aussies didn't score. You lose Marco Materazzi, the only tall defender on the team, and yet Hiddink leaves all his tall strykers on the bench and tries the same strategy, pass it to Viduka who then keeps getting shut down by Cannavaro.

IMO the red card to Materazzi was even more questionable yet noone cries for the Italians. Almost got robbed again by shady refereeing.

If all you care about is watching spectacular football, go watch Brazil... Oh wait...

Brilliant display of football?  HE SCORED ON A HANDBALL.

Dumb Phuck.

717802[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure Hardy was referring to Maradona's other goal in that game- the 75-yard dribbling display that Maradona put on before juking the keeper and slotting in the greatest World Cup goal ever.

I'm pretty sure Hardy was referring to Maradona's other goal in that game-  the 75-yard dribbling display that Maradona put on before juking the keeper and slotting in the greatest World Cup goal ever.

717816[/snapback]

I know he was. But does that justify scoring a goal with the hand.

I'm not saying it should be called back or what not. It happened. Noone questions that.

I was just trying to show Hardy that in every WC there is controversy.

And if Italy would have gotten a sh-- call against them, (in which they did), nobody would have gave a sh--.

717790[/snapback]

He does have a way with words, doesn't he? :o:o

Amazingly, at 25 or so years of age, he knows more about soccer than everybody here combined. At least that's what he tells us. :o

GO KICKBALL !! :o:P

while you two are arguing, FRINGS IS BEING SUSPENDED!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I like this quote from the team manager guy, though.....

"All we can do now is accept the decision. We will now concentrate on the Italy game and we are optimistic that Frings will return for the final," Bierhoff said.

Note to Bruce Arena: THAT'S the kind of winner's mentality that is severely lacking from the US team.

He does have a way with words, doesn't he? :o  :o

Amazingly, at 25 or so years of age, he knows more about soccer than everybody here combined. At least that's what he tells us. :o

GO KICKBALL !! :o  :P

717835[/snapback]

With what he said, can you really blame me for getting pissed off?

while you two are arguing, FRINGS IS BEING SUSPENDED!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I like this quote from the team manager guy, though.....

"All we can do now is accept the decision. We will now concentrate on the Italy game and we are optimistic that Frings will return for the final," Bierhoff said.

Note to Bruce Arena: THAT'S the kind of winner's mentality that is severely lacking from the US team.

717842[/snapback]

Which final :o

Suspended 1 game??? De Rossi gets 4 for an elbow during the game, Figo gets none for head butting someone and Frings gets one for punching out a guy...

hmm

Which final  :o

Suspended 1 game??? De Rossi gets 4 for an elbow during the game, Figo gets none for head butting someone and Frings gets one for punching out a guy...

hmm

717852[/snapback]

Frings was provoked....DeRossi was just an assshole.

Where did it look like the Aussies were gonna score.  I'm sorry but not being able to score for 45 minutes on an opponent that has a man down.  It  is Hiddinks fault that Aussies didn't score.  You lose Marco Materazzi, the only tall defender on the team, and yet Hiddink leaves all his tall strykers on the bench and tries the same strategy, pass it to Viduka who then keeps getting shut down by Cannavaro.

IMO the red card to Materazzi was even more questionable yet noone cries for the Italians.  Almost got robbed again by shady refereeing.

If all you care about is watching spectacular football, go watch Brazil... Oh wait...

717803[/snapback]

The arguement is that I said the Italians are the least deserving -

Portugal - beat Dutch, England (two favourites)

France - Brazil, Spain (two favouriteS)

Germany - Argentina, Sweden (One favourite, another strong team)

Italy - Australia, Ukrainie. (two teams to be in the world cup for the first time ever)

I think any unbiased fan would say that looking at the opposition that every team has played, Italy was pretty much gifted a spot in the semi-finals. Now if Italy is lucky enough to beat Germany, I may respect a little more, but until then, they've really played no real contender like the the other 3 teams.

But your an Italian fan and keep drinking the kool-aid and telling yourself that your team is great. I'll be cheering for them tomorrow, but after watching them in the past and in this tournament, I don't really think they can beat a top caliber team in a major competition. Lets hope I'm proven wrong tomorrow!!