AWRIGHT Thurman Baby!

OK so we might have a brief moment of apoplexy when he talks about the Bills moving. But listen to his comments. This is how a TRUE blue Buffalo sports fan talks out on the links. None of this professional athelete talk. He has moved into the ranks of us. And as such we should be proud to have him in our company.

Raise a glass to Thurman!

I remember the big game with Jim Kelly vs the Dolphins at UB some years back. Thurman did break dancing right in the middle of the field. Should have been a tip off that the man is comfortable in his role as a no-longer first string NFL running back. He should be giving workshops to other players on life after ball.

Next thing I can picture is Thurman working the grill on the hood of the car at the stadium, and me throwing him a bomb in the parking lot after the game!

He's even working on a beer gut!

Thurman Thomas. Patron saint of all Bills Fans everywhere.

I share a lot of his opinions. I'm not sure about Bills moving yet but I do agree with his assesment of WM and the draft particularily the 1st round I still didn't like that pick. I don't have a problem with DW it's just where he was chosen that I have a problem with.

OK so we might have a brief moment of apoplexy when he talks about the Bills moving. But listen to his comments. This is how a TRUE blue Buffalo sports fan talks out on the links. None of this professional athelete talk. He has moved into the ranks of us. And as such we should be proud to have him in our company.

I remember the big game with Jim Kelly vs the Dolphins at UB some years back. Thurman did break dancing right in the middle of the field. Should have been a tip off that the man is comfortable in his role as a no-longer first string NFL running back. He should be giving workshops to other players on life after ball.

Next thing I can picture is Thurman working the grill on the hood of the car at the stadium, and me throwing him a bomb in the parking lot after the game!

703892[/snapback]

703892[/snapback]

I don't know about "giving workshops to other players on life after ball". I think he has had some rough times over the last several years with alchohol and/or drugs. I'm not saying he is a bad person, just not the guy you want to model your life after!

703892[/snapback]

like a true bills fan - a pessimist. he's of course wrong about the bills moving in 3-4 years, but what the hey.

I don't know about "giving workshops to other players on life after ball".  I think he has had some rough times over the last several years with alchohol and/or drugs.  I'm not saying he is a bad person, just not the guy you want to model your life after!

703955[/snapback]

I didn't say he was a great man, I didn't proclaim him the poster boy for Catholic church, I didn't even say his opinions were enlightened.

He isn't, we shouldn't, and they ain't.

And precisely for those reasons, he sounds like the knucklehead comments in any tavern in town. And right here on this board for that matter. And THAT is why I salute him!

A real man. A real fan.

Join me in a toast!

I didn't say he was a great man, I didn't proclaim him the poster boy for Catholic church, I didn't even say his opinions were enlightened.

And precisely for those reasons, he sounds like the knucklehead comments in any tavern in town. And right here on this board for that matter. And THAT is why I salute him!

A real man. A real fan.

Join me in a toast!

703970[/snapback]

Where were these comments taken from? Just asking?

A real man. A real fan.

Join me in a toast!

703970[/snapback]

One of the greatest Bills of all time...Thurman, I salute you!!!

703970[/snapback]

The Catholic church would be proud!

While I didn't agree with Thurman on his thoughts about the Bills moving and their draft, he was dead on about Willis. Again, I realized the OTAs are voluntary, but he pretty much sums up my feelings.

"I knew when we had to come and we had to show up, whether it was mandatory or voluntary or whatever, we showed up," Thomas said. "We didn't do a lot, but we showed up. It's just a different breed [of player] coming through.

"But I wish [McGahee] was here because he is the focal point and the main guy for this offense. If you want to be a true leader and call yourself the best running back in the National Football League, well, you should act like it and show your true colors and come here and be a team leader."

Perhaps, Thurman should give Willis a call and express this. Anyways, Thurman is the man.

A real man. A real fan.

Join me in a toast!

703970[/snapback]

Actually I took the quote right from your post. You said "He should be giving workshops to other players on life after ball." I'm not disagreeing with the other parts of the post.

While I didn't agree with Thurman on his thoughts about the Bills moving and their draft, he was dead on about Willis.  Again, I realized the OTAs are voluntary, but he pretty much sums up my feelings.

Perhaps, Thurman should give Willis a call and express this.  Anyways, Thurman is the man.

704009[/snapback]

Willis has a looooong way to go before he should be even mentioned in the same breath as Thurman.

Actually I took the quote right from your post.  You said "He should be giving workshops to other players on life after ball."  I'm not disagreeing with the other parts of the post.

704029[/snapback]

And what should an half educated, un-employed multi-millionaire do with his time? Same as the rest of us half educated, un-employed, ex-whatever they use to do for a living in Buffalo do....

Start drinking!

And now that you mention it, we should start a school!

PS hate to say it, I'm not sure if Im joking or serious.

It could really go either way...

A Toast!!! Buffallllloooooo! Yessur, Pass the beer nuts.

703892[/snapback]

Thurman left football a Miami Dolphin...........F-HIM!

And what should an half educated, un-employed multi-millionaire do with his time? Same as the rest of us half educated, un-employed, ex-whatever they use to do for a living in Buffalo do....

Start drinking!

And now that you mention it, we should start a school!

PS hate to say it,  I'm not sure if Im joking or serious. 

It could really go either way...

A Toast!!!  Buffallllloooooo! Yessur, Pass the beer nuts.

704280[/snapback]

But I don't want to wait until retirement to start drinking heavily. (or continue drinking)