Tomorrow Night Football Season in Buffalo

Well...There's this saying...The sun shines on a dog's ass every now and then...Well how about a Buffalo's ass....We deserve one. Why not this year!!!.....Go The Sabres!!!! Prove the doubters wrong 4 once dammit!!!!!!!!  :lol:

700646[/snapback]

Actually, after reading most posts from supposed Buffalo "Fans" on this board, I can now understand why this team does not deserve to win. I think Cardinals and Bengals fans have had more optimisum going into a season with worse teams with less chances at being good, and yet its always doom and gloom around here.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the Sabres inevitably lose Game 7, and break the hearts of Buffalo sports fans, as ALWAYS is the case, it'll basically be football season in Buffalo.

Sorry to be a pessimist, but as a Buffalo sports fan, I think I'm entitled. . . I've earned it. History has dictated it. Even the story on the front page makes mention of this kind of thinking.

Hoping for the best  :lol: . . . but knowing better deep down. . . :D

700596[/snapback]

you are a moron, go dig a hole and put your head in it.

In all seriousness, how much of a pathetic kitty do you have to be to announce that you've earned the right to be a pathetic kitty because you're a Buffalo sports fan.

I guess some people just need misery in their lives.

700673[/snapback]

I think stephenjames716 said it best:

you are a moron, go dig a hole and put your head in it.

And of course remember what BB himself said, Wide Right/lost helmet/homerun throwback...are on par with 9/11.

Once the Sabres inevitably lose Game 7, and break the hearts of Buffalo sports fans, as ALWAYS is the case, it'll basically be football season in Buffalo.

Sorry to be a pessimist, but as a Buffalo sports fan, I think I'm entitled. . . I've earned it. History has dictated it. Even the story on the front page makes mention of this kind of thinking.

Hoping for the best  :D . . . but knowing better deep down. . . :P

700596[/snapback]

Well, the newest Bills/Sabres fan thinks he's turned the luck around. My son was born Tuesday at 5:48pm. For those of you who know how hospitals work, they wrote it down as 17:48. We joked that Dumont and Briere would score because of the numbers. Imagine our reaction when not only Dumont scored, but Briere got the winner. He's coming home from the hospital tomorrow and we've got the Sabres onesie and hat all ready to put him in. The only question is old logo or new? I'm leaning new, the new logo is 1-1 in game 7 and the old one is 0-3...and the one we won was on the road...

Actually, after reading most posts from supposed Buffalo "Fans" on this board, I can now understand why this team does not deserve to win. I think Cardinals and Bengals fans have had more optimisum going into a season with worse teams with less chances at being good, and yet its always doom and gloom around here.

700736[/snapback]

Yeah, the fans are the reason this team doesn't deserve to win. Get a clue, they sell out a large stadium 7 out of 8 times, often in freezing cold conditions, to watch a 5-11 team. Yeah, it's the fan's fault :D

Hoping for the best  :D . . . but knowing better deep down. . . :P

700596[/snapback]

Hey BB, I am not asking this to be a smart ass, or attack you. But, I have to ask...if you are so pessimistic about the Bills and the Sabres, and have reached the point that you can forsee no outcome for either team other than disappointment, why root for them? What is the point?

I would think it would do tremendous damage to ones ego to waste hours of ones' life, waiting for something to happen, that you have concluded, is impossible. Why not just pull for the front-running team every year? You could do it for every sport. Imagine how much more fun it would be, rooting for the team that you know is going to win it all, every year. There are plenty of sports fans like that. They only feel the extreme highs of having there team win, never the bitter, cold feeling of losing. It isn't for me, but it works for so many. Just enjoy the sport, don't root for a team...

Me, I am pretty damn sure the Sabres are going to pull this thing out in game 7. There are plenty of reasons to be pessimistic about both of our pro franchises. However, if you have been following this particular Sabres team, you will realize, they may be the best hockey team Buffalo has put on the ice in at least 30 years. They have been behaving very "un-Buffalo" like since last November or so. Carolina is very good, but so are the Sabres. Try to enjoy it...

Yeah, the fans are the reason this team doesn't deserve to win. Get a clue, they sell out a large stadium 7 out of 8 times, often in freezing cold conditions, to watch a 5-11 team. Yeah, it's the fan's fault :D

700989[/snapback]

So if Buffalo "Fans" deserve a championship team cause they show up to watch a 5-11 team in cold weather, how come southern teams who don't have to deal with that type of weather have won championships (i.e. Tampa Bay, former laughing stocks, now serious contenders with championships)

The attitude around this board with everything being doom and gloom, we suck cause of the old owner, Comments like Ralph and Marv are too old and Senile (even though both are in probably better shape mentally and physically then most posters here) are the reasons why some Buffalo Fans don't deserve a championship for their teams. I'm not saying that we should follow this team with the rose colored glasses on 24-7, but this is an offseason with alot of changes to both players, coaches and head office, and yet most people are still acting like TD is still in charge with MM leading the team.

But I guess I'm wrong cause you earned the right to be mad and not support a team that you claim to be a fan of, cause they have broken your heart too many times. Do us all (and yourself) a favour and Go be a Pats fan, it might be less depressing for you and you won't have to be negative all the time

Well, the newest Bills/Sabres fan thinks he's turned the luck around.  My son was born Tuesday at 5:48pm.  For those of you who know how hospitals work, they wrote it down as 17:48.  We joked that Dumont and Briere would score because of the numbers.  Imagine our reaction when not only Dumont scored, but Briere got the winner.  He's coming home from the hospital tomorrow and we've got the Sabres onesie and hat all ready to put him in.  The only question is old logo or new?  I'm leaning new, the new logo is 1-1 in game 7 and the old one is 0-3...and the one we won was on the road...

700988[/snapback]

Congrats on the rugrat Falstaff! Have you chosen a name?

Well, the newest Bills/Sabres fan thinks he's turned the luck around.  My son was born Tuesday at 5:48pm.  For those of you who know how hospitals work, they wrote it down as 17:48.  We joked that Dumont and Briere would score because of the numbers.  Imagine our reaction when not only Dumont scored, but Briere got the winner.  He's coming home from the hospital tomorrow and we've got the Sabres onesie and hat all ready to put him in.  The only question is old logo or new?  I'm leaning new, the new logo is 1-1 in game 7 and the old one is 0-3...and the one we won was on the road...

700988[/snapback]

Congrats on the bundle of joy! Considering the time he was born, he might be a sign that good things are happening. :D

But I have to burst your bubble...the new logo (since the Sabres have been wearing it) is indeed 1-1 in Game 7s, but I believe the one they won was at home vs. Ottawa in 1997. The other Game 7 was the loss at home vs Pittsburgh in 2001.

Hoping for the best  :P . . . but knowing better deep down. . . :angry:

700596[/snapback]

Can you at least let them play the game. Why even bother to pay attention to the Sabres if your crystal ball has enabled you to know the outcome of the game?

Where's the fyou smiley when you really need it. :D

GO SABRES!!!

GO SABRES!!!

GO SABRES!!!

To steal a line, "Nobody circles the wagons better than Buffalo." Now with McKee possibly out the wagons are circled tighter than ever.

I'm thinking we got 'em right where we want 'em. The Canes are backed into a corner in their building, with everyone expecting Buffalo to fold due to injuries and the prospect that the Canes will look mighty foolish should they lose on their own ice. Buffalo and Carolina already had one stare down and Carolina blinked. I'm thinking they make it two in a row.

This team has had a lot of adversity with injuries to deal with this playoff run... I think more than their fair share...

But, the beauty of not building a team around 1 or 2 stars is that everyone has a chance to shine - even the replacements...

Despite all of that, they could have lied down and lost game 6, but they didn't... and for that I appreciate them and their effort.

I believe the sabres can win tonight... I won't go so far as to say they will win or lose, but a win is a distinct possibility. If McKee is a scratch, that will be a blow to those chances, but I'll still watch the game. They deserve our attention and support. 1 game away from hosting the cup finals... come on Sabres... I hope we get the first goal... it tends to shut their crowd up quick...

I'm just illustrating that our sports past has been a bit more than "a little adversity". In fact, our heart-breaking moments are the subject of lore at this point. It has reached comic proportions in much of the country. Have you not read the article on the front page? That sums it up pretty well.

700626[/snapback]

You obviously don't live in Cleveland.

And as far as the Sabres are concerned, win or lose tonight, I'm behind them.

Mike

Hoping for the best  :( . . . but knowing better deep down. . . :lol:

700596[/snapback]

All I have to say to you is........oh sorry, something important just came up.