Any gamblers here?

HopsGuy

I rarely put in a bet, but I'm seriously considering some action this week. I'd like to bet the Bills (+5.5) and take the points, but I tend to avoid Bills games because I already have an emotional investment in the game. Of course I'm breaking the "Never Bet Against Bill Belichek" rule, but there's the home "dog" angle, too.

The other game is the Fish (+6). Yeah I already have the root against the Dolphins interest, but I just think that the NYC bias has pushed this too high and Miami can't be that bad can they?

I like Tampa getting 3, too.

I don't do teasers or parlays. I'm just getting the itch for some action this week.

I'd like to get the board's thoughts before The Sports Guy column comes out later and gives reasons why he's taking the other side.

Occasionally. The AFC East games scare me this week. I just read this Chris Chambers is only about 50/50 to start for the phish....not a good sign. I'm sure they will have a week where they score 20 point and get a win, but I don't think it's this week. The Jets have looked really solid on offense so far (I get to watch them every friggin week ;) )

I am wholeheartedly against not betting against a team because they are "due for a win"... thats BS... Miami is[/i] that bad.

The only game Im touching this week:

NY Jets -6 over Miami.

EASY.

52085[/snapback]

No NFL game can ever be considered "Easy" except in hindsight. Although I do agree with you, take the Jests in that one. However, what might be "Easy" is the Over/Under for that one. Do you know what it is? You gotta go under. Miami D will keep Jests from scoring too high and the Miami O is...well the Miami O.

No NFL game can ever be considered "Easy" except in hindsight.  Although I do agree with you, take the Jests in that one.  However, what might be "Easy" is the Over/Under for that one.  Do you know what it is?  You gotta go under.  Miami D will keep Jests from scoring too high and the Miami O is...well the Miami O.

52116[/snapback]

sounds like a good teaser.. what is the OU for that game? 36ish ?

Miami is very one-dimensional right now, and that's a stretch. They have absolutely NO running game, nor have they had one all year, and they can not move the ball. Defenses key on the pass, which results in multiple three and outs. This tires out an outstanding Miami defense, who can keep their team in the game for a while. The game stays close for three quarters, but inevitably by the fourth quarter the opposing team pulls away.

Couple this with the Jets' multiple-dimensional offense, and it's pretty clear what to do here.

Not a very appealing board this week. Though I'm generally not a fan of road favorites, Philly -9 @ Chicago looks like the best bet. The Bears are banged up not just at QB, but 3/4 of their secondary I think is out. Plus, the Eagles are an excellent road team under Andy Reid.

The only other game I'd even think about touching this week is Tampa +3 vs. Denver. As anemic as the Bucs' offense has looked, I like Gruden at home getting points vs. Jake Plummer laying points on the road.

ps - Sport's guy is hilarious. His parody of McGuire & Theismann this week is a classic. If he wasn't a Boston guy, I'd be plugging his articles every day here.

I like 3 unders:

Bills-Pats under 35

Felons-Jets under 37

Cardinals-Saints under 40.

52589[/snapback]

I predicted a score of 23-13 for our game, so I would stay away from the O/U for the Bills game. Not that my predictions are ever right but I just this one is too close.

I rarely put in a bet, but I'm seriously considering some action this week. I'd like to bet the Bills (+5.5) and take the points, but I tend to avoid Bills games because I already have an emotional investment in the game. Of course I'm breaking the "Never Bet Against Bill Belichek" rule, but there's the home "dog" angle, too.

The other game is the Fish (+6). Yeah I already have the root against the Dolphins interest, but I just think that the NYC bias has pushed this too high and Miami can't be that bad can they?

Don't bet against Belichek

Yes, the Dolphins are THAT bad and Fiedler is back in

No opinion on Tampa

I am going to Vegas to place a few bets this weekend. I would have to say that my favorite play is the UNDER in the Bills/Pats game. Our boys haven't gone over since last year midseason.

In addition to the QB situation in Chicago, Urlacher probably wont play. That makes the Eagles a good bet...

BTW- someone posted earlier that they dont tease or parlay. That's ALL I do. I will tease the Bills to 11.5 the Eagles to -3 and maybe the Jests. Parlays are for the big payoff, and the Teasers give me the bankroll to comeback next week....

If you guys bet Miami this week, that only proves one thing.

You have not watched them play this season. Once. At all.

The ONLY reason you could possible pick them would be if you go on the "they are due" theory.

Please let me know what your basis for betting them is. seriously. Have you SEEN this offense? I mean, we are bad on offense, but they are simply pathetic. Really. I mean, i havnt seen an offense this pathetic and torn apart ever. and now Chambers is questionable. He is their ONLY offensive threat. I am a pretty big football fan, I live near Miami, and i cannot tell you who their starting RB is gonna be this week. He is #5 on the depth chart whoever he is. AND they have averaged 7.6 points per game (WITH Chambers!!)

Im not saying you have to bet Jets. But, if you are thinking Miami, take your money put it in an envelope and take it to the Ralph this weekend to donate to the food bank. Because your bookie is already eating just fine :devil:

If you guys bet Miami this week, that only proves one thing.

You have not watched them play this season. Once. At all.

The ONLY reason you could possible pick them would be if you go on the "they are due" theory.

Please let me know what your basis for betting them is. seriously. Have you SEEN this offense? I mean, we are bad on offense, but they are simply pathetic. Really. I mean, i havnt seen an offense this pathetic and torn apart ever. and now Chambers is questionable. He is their ONLY offensive threat. I am a pretty big football fan, I live near Miami, and i cannot tell you who their starting RB is gonna be this week. He is #5 on the depth chart whoever he is. AND they have averaged 7.6 points per game (WITH Chambers!!)

Im not saying you have to bet Jets. But, if you are thinking Miami, take your money put it in an envelope and take it to the Ralph this weekend to donate to the food bank. Because your bookie is already eating just fine :)

53079[/snapback]

Stevetojan- I think you're going to be wrong on this one. With Miami improving their quarterback situation this week and the fact that they're at home, I would take Miami with the 7 points.

Stevetojan-  I think you're going to be wrong on this one.  With Miami improving their quarterback situation this week and the fact that they're at home, I would take Miami with the 7 points.

53273[/snapback]

Dude, the Fish have no running game AT ALL. And Fiedler is not what you might consider an upgrade at QB when the problem with Miami's offense is not particularly the QB position. It's the line. It can't protect a damn thing because defenses are completely ignoring the run. Everyone is going after the quarterback. Fielder. Feeley. Payton freakin' Manning. It doesn't matter. No running game. Depleted offensive line. They can't move the ball or get a sustained drive at all! A bunch of three and outs...four and outs...and then their D is back on the field. Again. And again. And again.

Meanwhile...and this is the most important part...the Jets have it together in virtually all aspects of the game. They will completely and utterly destroy Miami tomorrow.

And I don't say that as a Fish hater. I say that as a guy has watched Miami play for three straight weeks. They're a mess right now. A total mess.

DCM...where you are, sir?

Jets-Felons under is still the smartest bet IMO.

Miami O will not put up any points

Miami D will be competitive against the Jets...

Only way to lose on the under that I see is IF Miami's D & ST score TDs,

I'll take that play, & I'm going to ride Felons under all year long

until the number gets really low.