How about this cheap shot at Buffalo

Sabres/Hurricanes Game 2

The Jumbotron at the Hurricane's Arena reads:

"The Carolina Hurricanes have won as many superbowls as the Buffalo Bills!"

696198[/snapback]

lol, they got a point! Who cares. I bet we'll win a Superbowl before the Canes win a Superbowl. Good God I hope so anyway.

LOL

Sabres/Hurricanes Game 2

696198[/snapback]

The Bills and Carolina Panthers COMBINED, actually. The point is made though. Used to be nothing shut up a Pats fan quicker than a Bill Buckner reference.

Sabres/Hurricanes Game 2

696198[/snapback]

And the Bills have won just as many Stanley Cups as the 'Canes.

;)

Uhhhhmmmm, your wrong on that one, the 'canes were stanely cup champions just a couple years ago.

696250[/snapback]

Really? Not according to the Red Wings, the team they played in their only trip to the Cup finals.

Jesus Christ, some of ya'll are the most thin skinned people on the planet, what do you expect them to do, put a message on the jumbotron that says "all hail the people of WNY, we bow down before you"

And the Carolina Panthers are in Charlotte, which is almost twice the size of Buffalo, with a higher median income. That along with a booming economy and access to SEC football fans is why the NFL is in Charlotte.

Jesus Christ, some of ya'll are the most thin skinned people on the planet, what do you expect them to do, put a message on the jumbotron that says "all hail the people of WNY, we bow down before you"

And the Carolina Panthers are in Charlotte, which is almost twice the size of Buffalo, with a higher median income. That along with a booming economy and access to SEC football fans is why the NFL is in Charlotte.

696447[/snapback]

SEC? I thought that was Hillbilly Coast Conference country.

SEC? I thought that was Hillbilly Coast Conference country.

696476[/snapback]

Have you ever been to North Carolina?

Charlotte is one of the biggest SEC hotbeds there is.

As for Hillbilly Coast, I guess Duke, North Carolina, Virginia, Wake Forest, and Georgia Tech were your back up schools when you were making that college decision.

I know this is off-topic but apparently this ran on the scoreboard during the Sabres/Hurricanes game yesterday. Under the notes section for the re-cap of last night's game.

In the first period, a message on the scoreboard read: "The Carolina Hurricanes have won as many Super Bowls as the Buffalo Bills."

WTF? Why does every city have to kick the City of Buffalo all the time? Did the Penguins do that to the North Stars when they skated for the cup in 1992? I mean, enough is enough!!! THis S*** fires me up!!!

GO SABRES!!!!

696447[/snapback]

What SEC school is near Charlotte? USC is the closest. Sorry, don't mean to be an ass, but since moving down here I've been instructed never to mistake athletic conferences again. :lol:

What SEC school is near Charlotte? USC is the closest. Sorry, don't mean to be an ass, but since moving down here I've been instructed never to mistake athletic conferences again.  :lol:

696557[/snapback]

Columbia is the closest SEC city to Charlotte, but Charlotte is second only to Atlanta in employment opportunities in the south. In my office alone, there are four SC grads, 3 UGA grads, two UF grads, two Ole Miss grads, a Kentucky grad, and a MSU grad. I think all go to Panther games.