Aaron Gibson

Gibson spent a couple of days at one of the hotels in N.F., Ontario that I work with. I had a chance to rap with him and he's a very well-spoken guy.

I don't know how he'll grade out on the field, but I can tell you that, in person, he blocks out the sun. Hopefully, McNally can work some magic with this guy.

Gibson spent a couple of days at one of the hotels in N.F., Ontario that I work with. I had a chance to rap with him and he's a very well-spoken guy.

I don't know how he'll grade out on the field, but I can tell you that, in person, he blocks out the sun. Hopefully, McNally can work some magic with this guy.

694814[/snapback]

you must be happy he didn't eat you.

Good thing that we have no high expectations on Big Aaron ... otherwise after we cut him and he signs with Tampa, we would have a few hundred posts about it ... seriously, I think that this is an interesting signing. Probably won't amount ot anything, but there is some good potential there.

Good thing that we have no high expectations on Big Aaron ... otherwise after we cut him and he signs with Tampa, we would have a few hundred posts about it ... seriously, I think that this is an interesting signing. Probably won't amount ot anything, but there is some good potential there.

694904[/snapback]

Like my old football coach would say " potential only meany you havent done sh-- yet." Gibson is a building with hair, he needs to shed about 50 lbs to be effective. No way this tank makes the team. But he has "potential".

Wasn't Gibson always huge?

I thought his problem when drafted was thaqt he was lazy and would take plays off, kind of like MW (I could be wrong though)

If thats the case, his time away may have helped him realize that if he wants to play again (which it seems like from his attitude so far, he does, he needs to give 100% all the time just to be on the sidelines come September.

Just because he is big, doesn't mean he needs to be smaller to be effective, what the weight difference between when he was drafted and now? Was he wheezing and out of breath talking to you at work? Did he have to take a break walking from the entrance to the hotel desk?

Wasn't Gibson always huge?

I thought his problem when drafted was thaqt he was lazy and would take plays off, kind of like MW (I could be wrong though)

If thats the case, his time away may have helped him realize that if he wants to play again (which it seems like from his attitude so far, he does, he needs to give 100% all the time just to be on the sidelines come September.

Just because he is big, doesn't mean he needs to be smaller to be effective, what the weight difference between when he was drafted and now? Was he wheezing and out of breath talking to you at work? Did he have to take a break walking from the entrance to the hotel desk?

694936[/snapback]

Exactly. He resembles Mike Williams too much. Fat Pig - out of football last year, ballooned to over 400lbs.

The thing I find interesting about Gibson is if they are slating him at backup RT that means they feel he is mobile for his size.

If that is the case why not move him to LG?

694960[/snapback]

With his size, even at Right tackle he isn't very far from Left guard !

If he can play at all like he did at Wisconsin he will be an improvement over the "Matadors" currently occupying space on the depth chart. They'll find a spot for him somewhere.. so I don't think his position his etched in stone.

Gibson = a much cheaper version of Big Mike - probably worth a gamble.

694989[/snapback]

Well Mike Williams would have been considered a decent player for this team if it wasn't for his gigantic paycheck (about the only thing bigger then him) At a cheaper price he may have been considered a good backup to a usable starter. So Gibson is not sounding that bad, as long as he is ready to play

Well Mike Williams would have been considered a decent player for this team if it wasn't for his gigantic paycheck (about the only thing bigger then him) At a cheaper price he may have been considered a good backup to a usable starter. So Gibson is not sounding that bad, as long as he is ready to play

694990[/snapback]

This comment really puts into perspective the amazing job Peters has done to become starting RT. Fingers crossed he keeps improving at the pace he has done.

Gibson = a much cheaper version of Big Mike - probably worth a gamble.

694989[/snapback]

My friend at the Buffalo airport, named Soprano of course, told me that Gibson signed with the Bills because he heard they had "Cheeseburger Night" once a week.

I think the problem with Gibson has always been a weight thing, so maybe Marv can get the big guy to mix in a few salads.

694814[/snapback]

Damn, he raps too! Can he flow? What a talented lard. :doh:

" Was injured in the Rose Bowl and could not play in the Senior Bowl, in part because he could not fit into the MRI machine to be checked out and cleared to play in the game"

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/conte.../offlinemen.asp

695076[/snapback]

Sounds to me like he could have a lawsuit against the Rose Bowl, the hospital/ER provider and the makers of the MRI equipment. He could sue the bastards for all the money he would have gotten if their crappy equipment would have been able to open like the locks of the Panama Canal to invite his bulk in for a proper medical examination. He would have played and starred in the game and gone on to untold wealth and fame as a preeminent NFL guard. Where is F. Lee Bailey when you need him? :doh:

Sounds to me like he could have a lawsuit against the Rose Bowl, the hospital/ER provider and the makers of the MRI equipment. He could sue the bastards for all the money he would have gotten if their crappy equipment would have been able to open like the locks of the Panama Canal to invite his bulk in for a proper medical examination. He would have played and starred in the game and gone on to untold wealth and fame as a preeminent NFL guard. Where is F. Lee Bailey when you need him? <_<

695081[/snapback]

Never mind F. Lee. Let me know when Gibson is spotted wearing a flowered muumuu, a fabric-softened, white "fat guy hat," and being denied entry to a movie theater.