Sabres vs. Ottawa

damj

I do think Ottawa has the better team overall.  The sooner the Sabres put this series away, the happier I'll be.

690181[/snapback]

Maybe you should change your name to "Heatly's Head" for the duration of the playoffs...both are questionable!:D Or better yet, "Heatly's Drivers Liscence".....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Mary and Joseph...

I thought I was pessimistic.

You people need to come in off the ledge!

690295[/snapback]

No fault of their own, but I get the feeling that a lot of people who have lost faith so quickly (some of the same who were ready to concede the Philly series after game 4) have only seen the playoff games. They are acting like the Sabres are overmathced and far inferior to Ottawa....this ain't your same old Sabres....

I will say it again, even in last night's loss (in which the Sabres outshot Ottawa) Buffalo had plenty of opportunities to tie the game, and win it...Ottawa played their best game, but it is not like we couldn't skate with them. Anyone who predicted the Sabres would sweep Ottawa is nuts anyways...Buffalo will win one of the next two games...

No fault of their own, but I get the feeling that a lot of people who have lost faith so quickly (some of the same who were ready to cocede the Philly series after game 4) have only seen the playoff games.  They are acting like the Sabres are overmathced and far inferior to Ottawa....this ain't your same old Sabres....

I will say it again, even in last night's loss (in which the Sabres outshot Ottawa) Buffalo had plenty of opportunitys to tie the game, and win it...Ottawa played their best game, but it is not like we couldn't skate with them.  Anyone who predicted the Sabres would sweep Ottawa is nuts anyways...Buffalo will win one of the next two games...

690296[/snapback]

no, the problem is they keep associating this team with HEART and TALENT with the perennially pathetic inhabitants of RWS.

no, the problem is they keep associating this team with HEART and TALENT with the perennially pathetic inhabitants of RWS.

690299[/snapback]

Yankees did have heart and talent, and they choked away a 3-0 lead.

It can happen. Sabres have won 3 games by 1 goal...who is to say the Sens don't get the bounces now for 2 games?

It is not a matter of me losing faith. It is a matter of looking at this situation realistically. It is not like the Sabres have been blowing out the Sens.

It can happen.  Sabres have won 3 games by 1 goal...who is to say the Sens don't get the bounces now for 2 games?

It is not a matter of me losing faith.  It is a matter of looking at this situation realistically.  It is not like the Sabres have been blowing out the Sens.

690312[/snapback]

Different sport. No bloody sock.

Nut up, Clements.

Vanek backchecks with his purse. Also I think Dumont's hands are a little better when he is moving in traffic, which the Briere line always seems to be doing.

Vanek is a better guy to post in front of the net and to screen shots. But with Chara on D, nobody is going to waste time trying that.

690246[/snapback]

JP was hurt for a good portion of the year.

690312[/snapback]

The Yankees had an underachieving high priced bunch of individual Talent. (anything less then a perfect season for them is underachieving with their payroll)

Sorry, they don't have heart, its been replaced with the multi billion dollar paychecks they play for instead

The Yankees had an underachieving high priced bunch of individual Talent. (anything less then a perfect season for them is underachieving with their payroll)

Sorry, they don't have heart, its been replaced with the multi billion dollar paychecks they play for instead

690357[/snapback]

So none of the Yankee players had heart that year??

Matsui? Jeter? Mussina? Rivera? Williams? None of them???

So if you have the highest payroll, does that mean you don't have much heart?

An edge that could instantly disappear should Hasek return.  The Sabres need to end this quickly.

690373[/snapback]

A 42 year old goalie who hasn't played in oover 3 months? I don't care who you are, at that age you aren't going to step back on the ice and play your best game of your career. He hasn't even been practicing with the team before wednesday

Only 2 teams have ever come back from an 0-3 deficit and I believe neither of them won game 3, which most say is the pivotal game of any 7-game series.

690356[/snapback]

Yes but it would be difficult if not impossible to win game 3 and be down 3-0. If I'm doing my math right that is :D

I'm absolutely panicing!  Not because of our infamous Buffalo choke jobs but because Ottawa probably is a bit better and has more depth.  They've awoken. Miller is better than Emery right now so that's our edge (up until last night).  I fully expect this to come down to game 7 on Wed night and I will be shaking like a heroine addict all throughout.

690275[/snapback]

Me too

Miller played well last night... 2-1 is still a pretty intense game... The game winning goal was on the PP.

I am not faulting Kerry Fraiser for stuffing his whistle away in regards to the Sabres... That you gotta work through and be a good soldier about.