Willis McGahee

Guest dog14787
WM continues to prove that he is not worthy to be in a Bills uniform. He was supposed to be the spark in our running game that Travis Henry wasn't adding, but i think that we have regressed since Henry's departure.

His assinine comments and actions off the field continue to prove that he is not the type of player this new Bills regime is looking for. His comments about babymamas and ex-wives, being the best running back in the league, showing up on NFL Total Access blazed out of his simple mind, and not showing up for mini camps i think is very reflective on his attitude towards this football team.

His production has fallen off since Henry's departure and last year had very few touchdowns. He can't break long runs and is not the running back that he was in college.

Should the Bills keep McGahee, trade him for a draft pick or another running back, or should we just flat out cut him (Not my suggestion)? If we were to trade for another running back, who would you want it to be and who would be a legitimate possibility of acquiring?

688809[/snapback]

Speaking of blazed out of his mind , are you on drugs of some sort? :D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should get rid of Lee Evans he hasn't even hit 50 catches in a season yet, or London Fletcher all his tackles are always downfield, or Terrence McGee cause he only had 1 ko return td last year he's obviousily on the decline..... Forget the fact Willis is our most productive offensive player and that he doesnt have the luxury of a passing game that other top tier backs enjoy like larry johnson tiki barber or alexander. Nope it's all on willis.....

689757[/snapback]

No. You're missing the point. Those guys didn't go to "The U" so they don't suck innately.

No.  You're missing the point.  Those guys didn't go to "The U" so they don't suck innately.

690629[/snapback]

Willis needs to mature as a person. A good first step would be to get a different agent. Rosenhaus is not exactly the mentor type. There are some good agents out there that actually help young players manage their careers. Staying in sleezy southeast Florida doesn't help. In terms of players, I don't see many veteran guys on the Bills that are likely to take him under their wing. At least not at this point. He could benefit from spending time with guys like Troy Vincent or London Fletcher. Too bad we don't have a crusty old veteran running back on the roster to help him.

It's amazing how fast people forget that Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith were ace jerks for a lot of their time in the league.

688912[/snapback]

That's true. Remember Bruce always found excuses to not practice in training camp but he was one helluva defensive end. He also played for Marv.

Now, I wonder what Marv's definition is for "character guy"?? I don't know that Bruce would fit my definition.

Willis needs to mature as a person.  A good first step would be to get a different agent.  Rosenhaus is not exactly the mentor type.  There are some good agents out there that actually help young players manage their careers.

McGahee and Rosenhaus are two different people. Rosenhaus may be a tool but there are plenty of bad agents out there.

Anyway, this makes no sense. An agent's job isn't to parent a pampered athlete and help him mature. Exactly the opposite, it is to continue to diaper and burp the poor guy so he doesn't have to think about anything but lugging the rock on 16 Sundays a year.

Staying in sleezy southeast Florida doesn't help.

Are you speaking from personal experience here? There are some "sleezy" parts to any town, obviously. But there are also affluent areas, areas where millionaire athletes are typically found living.

Besides, this isn't all that uncommon. Many players go back home in the off-season. Maybe wanting to be near their families during the off-season makes them !@#$s?

In terms of players, I don't see many veteran guys on the Bills that are likely to take him under their wing.  At least not at this point.

What veterans are you talking about? The fact is the Bills don't have many veterans on the offense at this point. Shelton and Villarial are about it. Willis is one of the more veteran Bills on the offense.

He could benefit from spending time with guys like Troy Vincent or London Fletcher.  Too bad we don't have a crusty old veteran running back on the roster to help him.

690641[/snapback]

Vincent and Fletcher play defense; and, you knew, of course, that Vincent and Fletcher also skipped the minicamps, so the logic is a little hard to follow. But, maybe he could pal around with Peerless Price in Atlanta a bit.

MIAMI -- I didn't expect Willis McGahee to be such a simple guy.

I expected the former Miami tailback to live in some obscene, 10,000-square foot home. Instead, he had three pieces of furniture in the living room of his condominium at the Ritz-Carlton in Coconut Grove.

Four, if you count his Xbox.

But McGahee was still a perfect first victim for the Sentinel's "Riding With" series because he is living the life most of us wished we had at 24.

He's the starting running back for the Buffalo Bills. He lives in a condo with a fabulous view of Miami. He's rich. And, he's got three cars -- a Porsche Cayenne, a BMW 645 and an Infiniti QX56 SUV.

Now if I were 24, rich, living in Miami with three cars, where would my mind be most of the time?

Why on the opposite sex, of course.

Question: What made you attracted to this particular car?

Answer: It's different. Everybody doesn't have a BMW 645. Everybody is riding around with Mercedes and Cadillac trucks. When I got this, I was the first one. I like to be different from everyone else.

Q: How much did this cost?

A: $80,000.

Q: Are you serious?

A: Fully loaded and it was black on black.

Q: How did you get that deal?

A: I get all my cars from Wall Street Toy Group. I tell them what I'm looking for and they hook me up with it. I go down the list of cars that I want and how I want it and they get it for me.

Q: Why is every car you own black?

A: Because black shows power. I just love it.

Q: What was the first car you bought when you got to the NFL?

A: Nissan Maxima.

Q: That was the first car you bought in the NFL?

A: I love Maximas. It came out in '03. The first time I rode in a Maxima was high school homecoming. I loved the speed. I fell in love with the car and I've been in love with it ever since.

Q: What kind of person were you in high school?

A: Woo, I did everything you could imagine. Skipped school. I played around a lot.

Q: Were you a ladies man in high school?

A: Naw, I was actually faithful.

Q: You almost say that like you can't believe you were faithful.

A: I can believe I was. I can't believe how I am now.

Q: Do you think you'll always live in Miami?

A: I think I'll always come back to Miami. I don't know about live in it. I need to get out of it because I'm bad.

Q: Would you describe yourself that way?

A: No, I've calmed down a whole lot.

Q: Was there anything that made you calm down?

A: My kids. I got two kids.

Q: How old are they?

A: One of them is 15 months and the other is five months.

Q: So far, what's the most difficult thing about fatherhood?

A: Nothing right now. Not for me. Just dealing with the mother. That's the difficult part. After that, everything is cool.

Q: What's more troublesome, an ex-wife or a baby momma?

A: A baby momma.

Q: Why?

A: Because they feel like they should be a part of your life for 18 years. An ex-wife, you can get away from her. A baby momma, you can't get away from her until the child is 18 or older. They're going to constantly ask you for money. They just want to nag you for no reason, just because they can. (Willis has never been married.)

Q: Did you meet both of these women here in Miami?

A: (Laughs) Yeah.

Q: Is that why you say you need to get out of Miami?

A: I need to get out of Miami.

Q: What's the worst date you've ever been on?

A: Probably one where I was just a [jerk].

Q: What's the worst thing you ever did to a girl?

A: (Laughs) You can't put that in the paper because they might not want to talk to me.

Q: Do you hang out? Are you a big partier?

A: I used to party every day of the week except Wednesday.

Q: Why Wednesday?

A: That was a rest day.

Q: What is a perfect night out for Willis McGahee?

A: Hanging with Bryant McKinnie (offensive lineman, Minnesota Vikings). He put the 'p' in party. I rolled with him one time and I thought it was going to be another night out. I get there and he's got Venus with him. He has a lot of celebrities with him. Slim Thug, too.

Q: Venus Williams, the tennis player?

A: Yeah. I'm like, "Whoa, what's going on?" I was enjoying that. He's the No. 1 party man.

Q: What's your favorite drink?

A: When I do drink, it's Hennessy and Coke.

Q: What do you mean, "when you do drink"?

A: It has to be a special occasion. I drink cranberry and Sprite.

Q: Have you never been a big drinker?

A: I've never been a big drinker. I can't sit around and hold a cup all day.

Q: What celebrities have you hung out with that are really fun?

A: Jamie Foxx. He's a party man, too. He knows how to have fun.

Q: Have you ever dated a celebrity?

A: No. I wish.

Q: If you could have a relationship with any celebrity woman, who would it be?

A: Now you can put this in the paper. Gabrielle Union. I met her a couple of times. She was real nice.

Q: You know she's separated from her husband?

A: (Laughs) I know.

Q: What's the best perk you get being a NFL player?

A: People tend to do a little bit more for you. They go out of their way. I don't use people like that.

Q: What's the worst part about being a NFL player?

A: Sometimes girls won't talk to you because you play football.

Q: Really?

A: They treat you like you're a dog. They're not lying, though.

Sure. I would not allow him to impregnate my daughter thats for sure after reading this interview, but that is a completely different question from do I want him to be on my football team.

I think the answer is yes if he proves to have what some are calling on TSW "high football character". The definitions of this vary but it mostly seems to revolve arounf putting team first over individual exploits.

We have seen tons of guys who do in fact put team first and are great folks to play the game with, even though they are lousy people in other regards, total idiots in terms of intellect or some other issue.

I mean would you have wanted your daughter to date Jim Kelly (and this definitely means have pre-marital sex with him from all I have heard) when he was a Bill?

Most of us would answer no.

Would you have wanted him to be your quarterback?

Most of us would answer yes.

Clearly, there are buffoons like TO who are great football players but who do not put team first and these cancers are to be avoided like the plague IMHO.

Theoretically, WM's reprehensible attitude toward "baby Moms" might end up being a cancer and he should be gotten rid of if it does.

However, he has shown great potential as an RB in his truncated first two seasons as a Bill. If he can be trained and an offense can be called which also turns him into a receiving threat he could become one of the Bills greats (read carefully davemcb it is a real fact which we should be quite happy about that he rushed for 2000 yards quicker than any Bill in history including TT and Juice, but though this is reason why folks who want to get rid of him are stupid, it does not make him better than TT).

Unless WM begins to exhibit some signs of being a cancer on this team or getting arrested or operating in some other manner that impaact stuff on the field, they are life issues but not football issues qwhich to me is little more than an escape from real life.

So read the interview and take my advice, please do not be impreganted by Willis.

Read the stat sheet however, and unless he does some crime that invades the locker room or is hated by his teammates rather than just some of us lowly fans, take my advice and root for him as a member of the Bills.

He's the starting running back for the Buffalo Bills. He lives in a condo with a fabulous view of Miami. He's rich. And, he's got three cars -- a Porsche Cayenne, a BMW 645 and an Infiniti QX56 SUV.

why would you need the Infiniti if you've got the Cayenne

I can see the purpose of 2 cars

the BMW...for personal use

SUV to truck around all his illegitimate children and "baby momma" :)

why would you need the Infiniti if you've got the Cayenne

I can see the purpose of 2 cars

the BMW...for personal use

SUV to truck around all his illegitimate children  and "baby momma" :)

693957[/snapback]

Back in the day I used to lead Outward Bound style trips with kids from Philly, NYC and NJ along the Appalachian Trail and the Delaware Rr.(which was great since for a kid from NYC it might as well been the Colorado or real whitewater). As a co-leader used to say when we would try to explain to ourselves why some kid did something irrational.

:Don't look for logic where there isn't any."

Here's what to do:

Make Willis the centerpiece of the offense.

Give him the ball 30-40 times a game.

Blow smoke up hs rump

Start looking for his replacement so we're ready when he declares he wants $20mil a year.

PTR

Sorry if this is a duplicate but I do not read as much as I used to.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/sn/20060515/sp_sn/...tuscounttheways

Before Mother's Day, reporter Jemele Hill of the Orlando Sentinel spoke of wives and mothers with Willis McGahee, an NFL running back, 24 years old, the father of two.

"What's more troublesome," Hill asked, "an ex-wife or a baby momma?"

"A baby momma."

"Why?"

"Because," the millionaire athlete said, "they feel like they should be a part of your life for 18 years. An ex-wife, you can get away from her. A baby momma, you can't get away from her until the child is 18 or older. They're going to constantly ask you for money. They just want to nag you for no reason, just because they can."

Hey, Hallmark. Put that on your Baby Momma's Day cards.

You think Willis has some resentment because his momma dropped him on his head one or a dozen times?

Doesn't make him less of an *.

695414[/snapback]

so what if he's an ass? he isnt a criminal, and he hasnt held out yet. As long as he brings it every sunday, thats what matters, not who he bangs back in miami.

Note to Bills fans, do not have sex with or allow yourself to be impregnated by an idiot like Willis.

Gowever, as his low moral character shows no sign of maling itself apparent on the field and endanger his football character (these are two different things from discussion on TSW and the latter mostly based on putting team first is the likely sum total of what Marv meant looking for high character guys.

If a Bills fan somehow can avoid having Willis baby then his dumb comments about Baby Mommas (and even worse the implicatios it seems of how he views his responsibliies toward raising his own children) then I think most Bills fan should be willing to simply shake their heads and ignore these comments.

Note to Bills fans, do not have sex with or allow yourself to be impregnated by an idiot like Willis.

695420[/snapback]

0:):P<_<

The mental images are KILLING me :(

IT'S MAD WILLIS, THE FORNICATOR!!!!! RUUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!