Willis McGahee

WM continues to prove that he is not worthy to be in a Bills uniform. He was supposed to be the spark in our running game that Travis Henry wasn't adding, but i think that we have regressed since Henry's departure.

His assinine comments and actions off the field continue to prove that he is not the type of player this new Bills regime is looking for. His comments about babymamas and ex-wives, being the best running back in the league, showing up on NFL Total Access blazed out of his simple mind, and not showing up for mini camps i think is very reflective on his attitude towards this football team.

His production has fallen off since Henry's departure and last year had very few touchdowns. He can't break long runs and is not the running back that he was in college.

Should the Bills keep McGahee, trade him for a draft pick or another running back, or should we just flat out cut him (Not my suggestion)? If we were to trade for another running back, who would you want it to be and who would be a legitimate possibility of acquiring?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What to do?

We should stop these (almost) daily posts attacking one of our most valuable players.

This is getting ridiculous. Actually, it was ridiculous a long time ago.

One of the dumbest threads ever. Maybe if we got a team full of choir boys you'd be happy?

I agree with Kelly...give him the damn ball and open a gap.

He only had 5 touchdowns because Mularkey was so stupid he wouldn't give him the ball on 1st and goal from the 2. McGahee's comments are somewhat stupid sometimes, but it's nothing worth what you're talking about. Lighten up man.

One of the dumbest threads ever. Maybe if we got a team full of choir boys you'd be happy?

I agree with Kelly...give him the damn ball and open a gap.

He only had 5 touchdowns because Mularkey was so stupid he wouldn't give him the ball on 1st and goal from the 2. McGahee's comments are somewhat stupid sometimes, but it's nothing worth what you're talking about. Lighten up man.

688846[/snapback]

Maybe you didn't understand the post, but i am not making any suggestions as to what we should do, instead i am trying to provoke conversation and debate. I wasn't as interested in voicing my opinion first, but instead seeing what other people thought of the current situation with Willis McGahee.

I would love for McGahee to work out, he could be the face of the Buffalo Bills. Stop putting words in my mouth by saying i want a bunch of choir boys. As a matter of fact i think that it is almost necessary to have an ass on your team to motivate the other players on the team. So stop having assumptions and pull your head out of your ass.

I know exactly what to do with Willis. Give him the ball a lot. And then throw it to him sometimes. And then give it to him a lot more. And then fake it to him and throw before giving it to him again.

688831[/snapback]

Amen

Maybe you didn't understand the post, but i am not making any suggestions as to what we should do.......

688869[/snapback]

Um....maybe you should read what you write back to yourself before posting.

Your first line...

WM continues to prove that he is not worthy to be in a Bills uniform.

....is pretty clear.

You are stating that (in your opinion) WM is not worthy to wear the uniform...

Therfore...not worthy to be on the team.

Therefore...etc, etc, etc.

Um....maybe you should read what you write back to yourself before posting.

Your first line...

....is pretty clear.

You are stating that (in your opinion) WM is not worthy to wear the uniform...

Therfore...not worthy to be on the team.

Therefore...etc, etc, etc.

688904[/snapback]

That all depends on how you look at it. I meant that he is worthy to wear the jersey its just that he is quickly proving that wrong. If he continues to carry the ball 3.9 yards a carry then i would say he has not lived up to what he was in college. I would say that my opinion simply reflects the idea that Willis is turning into one of these guys with a big mouth that does not produce as well on the field.

I guess i just have to clarify more clearly what i mean at the start of a topic.

I know exactly what to do with Willis. Give him the ball a lot. And then throw it to him sometimes. And then give it to him a lot more. And then fake it to him and throw before giving it to him again.

688831[/snapback]

Hell of a plan. Sounds pretty simple, too. I wonder if the coaches will think of this.

Maybe you didn't understand the post, but i am not making any suggestions as to what we should do, instead i am trying to provoke conversation and debate. I wasn't as interested in voicing my opinion first, but instead seeing what other people thought of the current situation with Willis McGahee.

I would love for McGahee to work out, he could be the face of the Buffalo Bills. Stop putting words in my mouth by saying i want a bunch of choir boys. As a matter of fact i think that it is almost necessary to have an ass on your team to motivate the other players on the team. So stop having assumptions and pull your head out of your ass.

688869[/snapback]

It's amazing how fast people forget that Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith were ace jerks for a lot of their time in the league.

Let's think about this rationally...You're 24 years old, you're a multi-millionaire...What the hell you gonna do when you're not playing football?...Me, I'd be having strippers over nightly and not just stripping! :) ...He's a kid, he's having fun, let him...aslong as he shows up to play and isn't breaking any laws, who cares.

...He's a kid, he's having fun, let him...aslong as he shows up to play and isn't breaking any laws, who cares.

688915[/snapback]

Thats the problem though. He took a lot of plays off last year. I don't think we should get rid of him but if I was Willis I would come to play every down this year because if he doesnt, then I think he will be a cap casualty next year and that Marv brings in his own back. Willis has a ton of growing up to do. He doesnt act like a professional. He acts like a 16 year old varisty player. I see what the OP is talking about. Willis needs to lose some bulk and get back to what he was at Miami.

688831[/snapback]

and then give the friggin ball to him again!!!!

Oh my god; what has this board come to? In just over 2 season ago we ran off TH who was dedicated runner who always ran hard and while not a top back was very good and a Bills fan for life and what do we do; we run him off for a flashier RB from THE U with a flashy agent. Now some who ran TH out of here even have the nerve to try and say he was better than WM after comparing numbers and are now venting personal attacks against WM when frankly, even though they won’t admit it, the only real reason they are bashing WM is because he isn’t in Buffalo attending these nonmandatory camps and is probably working out hard and enjoying his free time in a much better resort area and some of these guys act like they are choir boy Mormons. GET A LIFE and FACE THE FACTS: if he plays in 2006 like he did in 2004 and the first 5 games of last year then all this BS will be forgotten until he is traded /released or signs with another team and then all these vents will be remember, come up again as he walks out the door like previous Buffalo stars are. And to those who say he took plays off; yeah while he was sitting on the sideline due to dumb coaching philosophies. To those who say his production fell off; what do you expect when the playcalling is so bad that it is obvious when you are carrying the rock and yet the OL with their best run blocker sideline can’t impose their will. This isn’t a Randy Moss situation where he takes plays off for as a RB if you run half@$$ you will get knocked on your @%%!

That all depends on how you look at it. I meant that he is worthy to wear the jersey its just that he is quickly proving that wrong. If he continues to carry the ball 3.9 yards a carry then i would say he has not lived up to what he was in college. I would say that my opinion simply reflects the idea that Willis is turning into one of these guys with a big mouth that does not produce as well on the field.

I guess i just have to clarify more clearly what i mean at the start of a topic.

688908[/snapback]

Dude, stick to a side. Your waffling is making me hungry.