Slurp Slurp

Oh thats the sound of ESPN making their frontpage news story about Barry Bonds hitting the homerun BEFORE the one that will tie Babe. This is ridiculous. Do we need to report everything that happens leading up to a record now? If you start celebrating/commemorating before the actual event takes place, it kind of takes the fun out of actually breaking the record.

I especially liked this little excerpt from the article: 0:)

Bonds: HR 713 by the numbers

• 450 feet long

• 423rd solo HR (Four of his five HR have been solo this year)

• 120th HR in the month of May

• 102nd HR on a Sunday

• 62nd career HR vs. Phillies

• 29th career HR in the city of Philadelphia

• Fourth career HR vs Jon Lieber

• Second career HR at Citizens Bank Park

:w00t:;):blink: Is all that info necessary for a homerun that doesn't mean anything?

This is not news

Perhaps they can tell us what Barry ate for his pre-game snack before he hit #713. I know I'd be especially interested to know what music was playing on his iPod during batting practice.

Oh thats the sound of ESPN making their frontpage news story about Barry Bonds hitting the homerun BEFORE the one that will tie Babe.  This is ridiculous.  Do we need to report everything that happens leading up to a record now?  If you start celebrating/commemorating before the actual event takes place, it kind of takes the fun out of actually breaking the record.

I especially liked this little excerpt from the article: 0:)

Bonds: HR 713 by the numbers

• 450 feet long

• 423rd solo HR (Four of his five HR have been solo this year)

• 120th HR in the month of May

• 102nd HR on a Sunday

• 62nd career HR vs. Phillies

• 29th career HR in the city of Philadelphia

• Fourth career HR vs Jon Lieber

• Second career HR at Citizens Bank Park 

:w00t:  ;)  :blink:  Is all that info necessary for a homerun that doesn't mean anything?

This is not news

Perhaps they can tell us what Barry ate for his pre-game snack before he hit #713. I know I'd be especially interested to know what music was playing on his iPod during batting practice.

686445[/snapback]

DepoTest.

Oh thats the sound of ESPN making their frontpage news story about Barry Bonds hitting the homerun BEFORE the one that will tie Babe.  This is ridiculous.  Do we need to report everything that happens leading up to a record now?  If you start celebrating/commemorating before the actual event takes place, it kind of takes the fun out of actually breaking the record.

686445[/snapback]

Funny thing is that he won't even be breaking the record when he surpasses Ruth...he'll just be moving into second...

Anybody else think that now is a perfect time to suspend him...? 0:)

does anyone care?  I mean is one person in the world pulling for Barry to break the record?  I am not sure

686489[/snapback]

Yeah, I am. Only because MLB sucks and I am cheering for anything that is right in the professional league to be totally wrong, and BB having the HR record would put MLB fans the world around in a rage.

if he passes Ruth on the road.....it would be the greatest accomplishment of all time if the fans managed to be completely silent as he ran the bases.

686504[/snapback]

That would be awesome! Its in the realm of possibility too. I hope it happens on the road and goes down!

Anyone see that 100ft long sign that the Philles fans were holding up?

"Ruth did it with hot dogs & beer. Aaron did it with class."

686501[/snapback]

i also liked the entire section of fans holding up asterisk signs

Pete Posted Today, 01:20 PM

does anyone care? I mean is one person in the world pulling for Barry to break the record? I am not sure

I'm a Giants fan, so I care.

Granted ESPN's constant stats are ridiculous.

So I am hoping Bonds passes Ruth soon, and hoping the Giants can get it going and win it all.

i wonder if Chris Mortenson thinks celebrating #713 is a reach

686668[/snapback]

No, but i heard him today saying that its better value to trade down and cheer for # 718 and the rights to cheer for 722. He says that there are a lot of people right now trying to move up so they can cheer for 715, and you're better off saving your cheers for a spot that fewer people want.

I was a huge Bonds fan back in the day before he tarnished himself. Enjoyed him more when he could run the bases and play D.

ESPN is a joke. I once worked there. They overhype everything. !@#$ing idiots. I remember I once got a paycheck with some stupid promor ad for "Season On The Stink."

2nd rate sh-- at its best. F that company. They are the antichrist.