Favorite Depressing Movie

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A GREAT movie.  Depressing and amusing at the same time.

686430[/snapback]

When I was a kid, I accidentally saw the scene where they clamped the guys eyelids open and forced him to watch the movies......that freaked me out for a while lol

When I was a kid, I accidentally saw the scene where they clamped the guys eyelids open and forced him to watch the movies......that freaked me out for a while lol

686434[/snapback]

Accidently?

I agree with "Life is Beautiful". I had tears welling up in my eyes at the end.

Another depressing one is "Untamed Heart", with Christian Slater and Marisa Tomei.

I also thought "The Perfect Storm" was pretty depressing at the end. My wife kept asking me, "They live, don't they?". Until the last five minutes.

Mike

I agree with "Life is Beautiful".  I had tears welling up in my eyes at the end.

Another depressing one is "Untamed Heart", with Christian Slater and Marisa Tomei.

I also thought "The Perfect Storm" was pretty depressing at the end.  My wife kept asking me, "They live, don't they?".  Until the last five minutes.

Mike

686443[/snapback]

I made the mistake of seeing 'Perfect Storm' with a really hot girl who, for whatever reason, was as interested in me as I was her 0:) Anyway, we watched like the first half hour, but after that I have no idea what was going on in the movie. I'd look up every once in a while and there would be Mark Wahlberg floating away or something......pretty surreal, actually. But I did happen to watch it a year later or so and was pretty moved by it. Definitely a solid flick.

Requim for a Dream is devastating.  They should show that at every high school in the country- drug usage would plummet.

Drugstore Cowboy.  Trainspotting.  Butterfly Effect.  Mystic River.  The Champ.  The Deerhunter.  Being John Malkovich.

686288[/snapback]

I have never seen Requiem for a Dream, and most people tell me that Ellen Burstyn should have won the Oscar that year, but Julia Roberts was due, I guess.

You really think Being John Malkovich is depressing? That movie did not strike me as a downer.

One movie I just remembered and no one has mentioned yet is "Boys Don't Cry".

Very sad movie.

I have never seen Requiem for a Dream, and most people tell me that Ellen Burstyn should have won the Oscar that year, but Julia Roberts was due, I guess.

You really think Being John Malkovich is depressing? That movie did not strike me as a downer.

One movie I just remembered and no one has mentioned yet is "Boys Don't Cry".

Very sad movie.

686463[/snapback]

Ellen Burstyn absolutely should of won an oscar for that. Man did she play a great junkie. As for Being John Malkovich- I should say one of the more disturbing films I have ever seen. That last scene where Cusack was trapped in the sons body leering at his mother- creepy

Pete Posted Today, 01:18 PM

Ellen Burstyn absolutely should of won an oscar for that. Man did she play a great junkie. As for Being John Malkovich- I should say one of the more disturbing films I have ever seen. That last scene where Cusack was trapped in the sons body leering at his mother- creepy

Alright on that note about Being John Malkovich, I understand your point.

That movie is definitely a weird one, but a good one.

Boyz n the Hood is a very good movie too.  Some great performances by Laurence Fishburne, Ice Cube, and Cuba Gooding Jr.  The part when Morris Chestnut gets gunned down and his mother sees he got a good enough score on his SAT to get a scholarship is a real tearjerker.  What really makes it so sad is that it happens way to often in this country.

686393[/snapback]

Solid choice. I thought Juice was depressing too. Some good acting by 2Pac and Omar Epps.

Other movies I'd include:

Clockwork Orange- a cult classic that's disturbing in so many ways

Dead Poet's Society- solid movie with some great acting from Robin Williams; very sad ending but there was a good message in it that I liked

American Beauty- If you've seen it, you know why. It's messed up.

If you think that Clockwork Orange was a strange movie...Go read the book...Holy Cow...

Depressing movie...Bobby Deerfield...I was depressed that I spent $5 for this piece of crap movie....Even the popcorn sucked....