Maybe the Kennedys should not drive

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Untrue. I take three different types of gout medicine AND a bunch of booze on top and I never remember being drunk even once!

684713[/snapback]

Allopurinol for me. There are rare instances of disorientation, but never for me. Even with alcohol consumption. I sure do know that anything that stresses the renal system - allows for excess uric acid - booze, nitrogen-containing foods, cigs, can cause an attack. When I was untreated, a simple small hamburger or a few beers would put me on the floor in an hour. But the allopurinol mitigates, and has worked well. Used to have days on crutches, with writhing. Ugh.

Colchicine never worked for me...I reached the dosage limit and started to vomit, with no relief.

Used to take the NSAID indocin during attacks. It turned out that OTC naproxin did as well.

I hope yours is under control, Kelly. The allopurinol therepy has worked out well for me. Started at 300 mg X2, but now, 150 mg twice a day. I haven't had an acute attack for 3 years. I get the occasional twinge, but an extra 150 mg when it first happens, and the next day, stops it cold.

Allopurinol for me. There are rare instances of disorientation, but never for me. Even with alcohol consumption. I sure do know that anything that stresses the renal system - allows for excess uric acid -  booze, nitrogen-containing foods, cigs, can cause an attack. When I was untreated, a simple small hamburger or a few beers would put me on the floor in an hour. But the allopurinol mitigates, and has worked well. Used to have days on crutches, with writhing. Ugh.

Colchicine never worked for me...I reached the dosage limit and started to vomit, with no relief.

Used to take the NSAID indocin during attacks. It turned out that OTC naproxin did as well.

I hope yours is under control, Kelly. The allopurinol therepy has worked out well for me.  Started at 300 mg X2, but now, 150 mg twice a day. I haven't had an acute attack for 3 years. I get the occasional twinge, but an extra 150 mg when it first happens, and the next day, stops it cold.

684782[/snapback]

I do the allopurinol and colchicine every few days and it's pretty much under control. If it flares up the indomethicine works for my great but it rarely flares up.

I got it a couple times a year for like ten years and it would last for a week or two where I couldn't even walk. I went to literally ten different doctors, the first couple said it sounded like gout and gave me the blood tests and it came up negative. This happened several times. The 11th doctor tested for gout and it came up negative but this guy was great and he kept on saying we'll figure it out, we'll find it. And then after several tests and theories, one day he says, "I don't care what these other doctors said, I don't care what I said, I don't care what your blood and test results say, you have gout." He gave me the three prescriptions, it was gone in a day and hasn't really returned in a few years except when I don't take the medicine. Unbelievable.

The rule is :

If a Republican gets in trouble, alway mention the party , preferably several times. If a democrat gets in trouble, never mention the party.

The rule is :

If a Republican gets in trouble, alway mention the party , preferably several times. If a democrat gets in trouble, never mention the party.

686306[/snapback]

I love this supposed conspiracy theory....please,...better than the Dem/Repub arguement they mentioned that he was a Kennedy. I think Bib mentioned it earlier, but you didn't get it, and yes counter to your previous statement the media will run with this for the next 10 weeks and will probably get stupid updates on his Rehab stuff, because he is a Kennedy.

P.S. Don't remember 10 weeks of Gingrich leaving his former wife on her deathbed, to serve divorce papers, or much about the prostitutes Livingston was involved in when he was nominated for Majority Leader....marital infedelity my rear end!

Give it a rest, the Press uses both monikers when it will get more attention and continues bashing as the story has legs. Oh, don't deny there is some partisanship, but right now it is more right leaning than left. Except that now that a Bush or a Kennedy is in trouble politically they all get like hyenas at a feeding frenzy.