Maybe the Kennedys should not drive

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More power to her.

That these stories are stupid and useless.

684143[/snapback]

One Kennedy's drinking and driving habits cost the life of young woman,

The young one should have gotten a DWI, but got away with it because who he is, and is able to kill or hurt someone else in the future.

How is that the same as be attracted to someone in the same sex as yourself. How is that dangerous?

More power to her.

That these stories are stupid and useless.

684143[/snapback]

It's not earth shattering, but I don't know that Rep. Kennedy's inability to discern the hazard of driving after taking friggin' Ambien, of all things, is "stupid and useless". Doesn't say much for his judgement, for starters. I take Ambien, it's not some over-the-counter antihistimane. It's a seriously powerful sleeping pill, and it's hallucinogenic. I don't even walk after I take it. For anyone who's been prescribed it for any length of time to think they can drive after taking it shows a ridiculous lack of judgement.

So why's this man a congressman? Damn it, he's Presidential material! :blush:

Did u know that Cheney's daughter is a lesbian?

684083[/snapback]

Difference being his daughter isn't in politics and should be left alone. Kennedy is in congress, is a public figure and should be responsible to the people.

I was the first one jumping on the idots going after Gores son when he got caught drinking and driving, drugs, etc... I was the one jumping on folks when they would bash Chelsea Clinton. But Patrick Kennedy is fair game, for any abuse he rightly deserves for his general lack of concern for residents and people walking around DC because he feels he is above the law being a congressman.

The young one should have gotten a DWI, but got away with it because who he is, and is able to kill or hurt someone else in the future.

How is that the same as be attracted to someone in the same sex as yourself. How is that dangerous?

684179[/snapback]

It doesn't count because he's a democrat. :angry:

Just like the guy who left his children with an aid. Just like the congresswoman who thinks she can hit capital police. It's okay to do that if you're on the left side of the aisle. Or take interest free loans while voting on a major "loan reform" package (Moran).

But have drinks with Abromoff (sp???) and you automatically need to goto jail forever. :blush:

:lol:

If it's not already, it ought to be a bumper sticker: "Don't like my driving?  Get off the sidewalk!"

684209[/snapback]

That reminds me of a Ron White story:

...and one DWI, which was a bogus charge, cause it turns out they were stopping every driver, traveling down that particular sidewalk. And that's profiling. And profiling is wrong!

:lol:

It's not earth shattering, but I don't know that Rep. Kennedy's inability to discern the hazard of driving after taking friggin' Ambien, of all things, is "stupid and useless".  Doesn't say much for his judgement, for starters.  I take Ambien, it's not some over-the-counter antihistimane.  It's a seriously powerful sleeping pill, and it's hallucinogenic.  I don't even walk after I take it.  For anyone who's been prescribed it for any length of time to think they can drive after taking it shows a ridiculous lack of judgement. 

So why's this man a congressman?  Damn it, he's Presidential material!   :lol:

684181[/snapback]

I think that last statement, in particular, was actually part of my point.

Its happened in politics, its going to continue happening, and sh-- aint gonna change. :lol:

Thats crazy though that Ambien is that powerful, I didn't know that.

Is it an as needed thing or is it an every-day drug?

It's not earth shattering, but I don't know that Rep. Kennedy's inability to discern the hazard of driving after taking friggin' Ambien, of all things, is "stupid and useless".  Doesn't say much for his judgement, for starters.  I take Ambien, it's not some over-the-counter antihistimane.  It's a seriously powerful sleeping pill, and it's hallucinogenic.  I don't even walk after I take it.  For anyone who's been prescribed it for any length of time to think they can drive after taking it shows a ridiculous lack of judgement. 

So why's this man a congressman?  Damn it, he's Presidential material!  :lol:

684181[/snapback]

In some fairness, there are ongoing discussions that Ambien causes sleepwalking.

Have no clue whether there's scientific basis behind that, but it could be a convenient excuse...

In some fairness, there are ongoing discussions that Ambien causes sleepwalking. 

Have no clue whether there's scientific basis behind that, but it could be a convenient excuse...

684257[/snapback]

I too, have an Ambien script. I very rarely take any.

If one should wake up while still under it's effects, it's possible to have a total memory blackout - akin to the sleepwalking. You can engage in an activity and later have no recollection whatsoever of anything you did or said.

I too, have an Ambien script. I very rarely take any.

If one should wake up while still under it's effects, it's possible to have a total memory blackout - akin to the sleepwalking. You can engage in an activity and later have no recollection whatsoever of anything you did or said.

684262[/snapback]

Is it alcohol in a pill? :lol:

684179[/snapback]

Not that it matters... But this the kind of tit-for-tat, who is the bigger rat that goes on... Example:

So did Laura Bush's and she didn't even have an excuse... Who is she now?...

Damn at least have a problem... Sober and you still kill someone.

And no, I am not saying any of this activity is right... The story is not even that old... And the same circle jerk that knocks "Bush Bad" will immediately jump on "Kennedy's Bad."

Go figure... And the same would go the other way around... The partisan dogs just lick their chops at thsese... Then preach holy hell with righteous indignation the other way around... Go figure...

I heard that a couple of weeks ago,back in his home district (RI,), that in the middle of the afternoon, he got in an accident that was his fault. He suddenly made a left turn against oncoming traffic and was T- boned.