Tee it up for Ottawa!

This will be an exciting series

Sabres in 6

Buffalo will win game 2 in Ottawa, 3 and 4 at home and then, speaking from experience, Ottawa chokes in the playoffs and game six will be their last!

Go Sabres!

Sabres in 7. OT of Game 7. I'll take Derek Plante to get the winner. Wait, that was 9 years ago. Seriously, Sabres in 7. This will be a long, tough series. Speed vs Speed. Should be fun.

Sabres in 6

Buffalo will win game 2 in Ottawa, 3 and 4 at home and then, speaking from experience, Ottawa chokes in the playoffs and game six will be their last!

Go Sabres!

681981[/snapback]

IF the Sabres are going to win the series, that is the way I see it going. I have a feeling that it will end in 6, I'm just not certain who will get to 4.

I know a lot of people here did not want to see NJ, but I still would rather have NJ with the refs calling penalties (which they did 1st round) than face Ottawa with Havlat. The main wildcard in the whole equation is: Emery is a good goalie, but not a great one. Ryan is a very good goalie that may be able to be great. The Sabres will need him to be great as the Sens can come with scary firepower.

The last time Buffalo played the Otters in the playoffs, they were far and away underdogs but stole the 1st game and simply refused to give the Otters any breaks. Let's hope the script works similarly this season.

One other note: while Dom is not expected to play this series it would be interesting to see how he would play in the Mmarena. He has lost the last 3 games he played there (OTL to Pittsburgh, the Gratton debacle, and the Vanek twirl and lift).

This is a tough series for Buffalo because Ottawa can match their depth up front with even more talent. Plus Ottawa's blueline is lethal. That unfortunately could be the difference.

The goalies are a wash.

Still, I see this series going the distance.

I'm going to say Sens in 7.

I hope I am wrong.

IF the Sabres are going to win the series, that is the way I see it going.  I have a feeling that it will end in 6, I'm just not certain who will get to 4.

I know a lot of people here did not want to see NJ, but I still would rather have NJ with the refs calling penalties (which they did 1st round) than face Ottawa with Havlat.  The main wildcard in the whole equation is: Emery is a good goalie, but not a great one.  Ryan is a very good goalie that may be able to be great.  The Sabres will need him to be great as the Sens can come with scary firepower.

The last time Buffalo played the Otters in the playoffs, they were far and away underdogs but stole the 1st game and simply refused to give the Otters any breaks.  Let's hope the script works similarly this season.

One other note: while Dom is not expected to play this series it would be interesting to see how he would play in the Mmarena.  He has lost the last 3 games he played there (OTL to Pittsburgh, the Gratton debacle, and the Vanek twirl and lift).

682139[/snapback]

Excellent analysis dave.

And Popgun you're forgetting aone important thing, this is when Ottawa chokes. Year after year. Their team is pretty incredible and has a great D, great O, Emery has been suprisingly great in the regular season and had a great first round. I don't know that I can say Brian Murray is the greatest coach of all time though. I think Hitchcock is a way better coach than him and look what happened.

Lindy did a fantastic job the last two games on the road in Philly.

I thibnk he thought he was Roger Neilson matching lines the way he did. Fantastic!

However, two things, we have beat them, not that the regular season stats mean anything and NOW, is Ottawa's traditional time to fold.

They will melt. Game five in their rink will be loosening the collar a little bit for them but back here game 6 it's over.

We of course must win one of the first two there but I love the fact that we just came off a road win.

Sabres in 6

Go Sabres!

681981[/snapback]

So beerme1...now do you see why I wanted things to align so the Sabres got the Flyers in the 1st round?? :P

I too would much rather be playing Ottawa than NJ with Brodeur.

Although we have to beat whoever comes our way.

682308[/snapback]

Ottawa is going to be a handful though....

Sabres PP relies on playing forwards at the point...which could prove to be very dangerious against a team like the Sens because of the speed that team possesses and they have good SH players.

It is clear as ever that Ryan Miiller will truly be the key to the Sabres chances.

Sabres 2-0 in their history against the Sens in playoffs...Both were Round 1 victories- A game 7 OT winner from Derek Plante in '97 and a 4-0 sweep by the 7th seeded Sabres in '99.

I like the Sabres chances against a familiar opponent. I have no doubt if Miller is solid the Sabres can score 4+ on Emery and get some wins. I will hold off on any prediction at this time, but the winner will take it in 6 or 7 games.

If the Sabres do lose the series, and Ottawa's defense is a major reason why, hopefully Darcy and Tommy G throw some cash out there for Chara, who will be a free agent after the season. He will command some bucks, but the Sabres have the cap room, and could possibly be one primetime defensman away from winning the conference and the Cup.

We have revenue from (at minimum) five extra home games...Reinvest Tommy, reinvest!!!!

Heres a little story

about a hockey team

who may just win the stanley cup

but only in there dreams

The team is from ottawa

the senators is there name

soon to be inducted in the golfing hall of fame

they say they'll beat our Sabres

HA now there's a funny joke

cause every year at playoff time

the senators always choke

So 3 cheers for ottawa

a real team they are nottawa

they can give all that they gottawa

but the stanley cup will never go to Ottawa

Ottawa has their Parlament

and MPs in the news

and its kinda like their hockey team

they talk a lot but don't produce

there not the brightest either

I really have to say

when the capital of our country

spells Canada with a K (hey thats kanada)

Oh 3 cheers for Ottawa

they think they got a shottawa

they must be smokin pottawa

cuz the stanley cup will never go 2 ottawa

u better press your flood pants

its that time once again

2 here that familar ottawa senators saying

T off is at 10

so get ready for the crying

take out your hankerchief

you're about to get your ass kicked

by those "grinders" from HSBC