Red Wings/Oilers

This game is a lot of fun to watch -- to the extent any of you are looking for something to watch on TV.

This third period is just ridiculous the way the teams are going back and forth.

It is fun to watch a game and not have to be on pins and needles.

I was very worried that the NHL was going to fug Edmonton on the tying goal.  They spent an awful long time looking for something that clearly wasn't there.  That's contrary to the rule.

680692[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing.

Great game. Great come back by the Oilers.

NHL playoff hockey is as exciting as it gets.

All those NBA and NASCAR fans do not know what they are missing.

Playoff hockey is the schit. Man wouldn't it be sweet to see our Sabes shaking hands tomorrow night after a solid 3-1 victory!? Can't wait for the game. Good thing I don't have a final on Wed, since tomorrow night I probably won't get much done.

Ding dong the witch is dead. Not too often in other sports do you see the top team in the league get waxed in the first round of the playoffs, yet it happens fairly regularly in the NHL.

Viva la OIL!

Have I mentioned I hate the Red Wings? Too bad you couldn't buy better goaltending now that there's a salary cap. It was priceless to see Holmstrom get one more cross check in before being sent packing. So long, bro.

If Stevie Y hangs them up: thanks for the memories to one of the classiest players in sport.

Four goals in the third period by the trailing team? Yep, this is a different NHL.

Playoff hockey is the schit. Man wouldn't it be sweet to see our Sabes shaking hands tomorrow night after a solid 3-1 victory!?

680702[/snapback]

Shake hands with the Flyers players, or with each other? ... 'cause, !@#$ the Flyers!

Also nice to see Day-Twaa brought down a notch.

Ding dong the witch is dead.  Not too often in other sports do you see the top team in the league get waxed in the first round of the playoffs, yet it happens fairly regularly in the NHL.

Viva la OIL!

Have I mentioned I hate the Red Wings?  Too bad you couldn't buy better goaltending now that there's a salary cap.  It was priceless to see Holmstrom get one more cross check in before being sent packing.  So long, bro.

If Stevie Y hangs them up: thanks for the memories to one of the classiest players in sport.

Four goals in the third period by the trailing team?  Yep, this is a different NHL.

680704[/snapback]

I love it...seeing the Dallas Stars and Red Wings sent packing on consecutive days!

Other than a handful of Bills/Sabres fans I know here in Texas, I only know two other NHL fans. One is an ultra obnoxious Stars/Dolphins fan who gave me tons of crap when the Sabres lost game 4, and the other is a slightly less obnoxious, but smug, Red Wings fan...I was getting set to email the two of them, and offer them a seat on the Sabres bandwagon. Don't want to jinx the Sabres though....

As for Edmonton, I kind of like that team. I watched them play quite often on Center Ice this year...I had a strange feeling they were going to give the Red Wings fits, never saw them knocking them out though!

I love it...seeing the Dallas Stars and Red Wings sent packing on consecutive days! 

Other than a handful of Bills/Sabres fans I know here in Texas, I only know two other NHL fans. One is an ultra obnoxious Stars/Dolphins fan who gave me tons of crap when the Sabres lost game 4, and the other is a slightly less obnoxious, but smug, Red Wings fan...I was getting set to email the two of them, and offer them a seat on the Sabres bandwagon.  Don't want to jinx the Sabres though....

As for Edmonton, I kind of like that team.  I watched them play quite often on Center Ice this year...I had a strange feeling they were going to give the Red Wings fits, never saw them knocking them out though!

680725[/snapback]

Revenge is sweet eh?

If Calgary beats Anaheim, then it will be the battle of Alberta. I think it hasn't happened in the playoffs in god knows how long and i definately won't miss a game of that series.

Ding dong the witch is dead.  Not too often in other sports do you see the top team in the league get waxed in the first round of the playoffs, yet it happens fairly regularly in the NHL.

Viva la OIL!

Have I mentioned I hate the Red Wings?  Too bad you couldn't buy better goaltending now that there's a salary cap.  It was priceless to see Holmstrom get one more cross check in before being sent packing.  So long, bro.

Four goals in the third period by the trailing team?  Yep, this is a different NHL.

680704[/snapback]

It was a very exciting game to listen to Alaska Darin. Very unpredictable. Great comeback by the Oilers twice and an amazing finish that will be remembered a long time.

I have an Oilers buddy and i am sure he was going nuts. I couldn't even get through to his line. LOL

Regarding the Wings, I don't think it was Legace. The bottom line is the Oilers outworked them and went to the scoring areas in front of the net. Edmonton also wasn't a normal 8 seed. They have a lot of talent and it showed.

Now we just need Calgary to win so The Battle of Alberta can be set. Man, wouldn't that be awesome! :lol:

680704[/snapback]

Wow, that says a lot right there. In the "old" NHL the trailing team never made it past center ice four times, let alone scoring four goals. It's been a long time since a major sport changed the rules and made it better. Maybe the NFL can drop that silly replay crap.

I was very worried that the NHL was going to fug Edmonton on the tying goal.  They spent an awful long time looking for something that clearly wasn't there.  That's contrary to the rule.

680692[/snapback]

I'm still not sure if it was a goal even after all the replays. The Oilers were the better team in the series though, so whatever.

How'd you like to be a #6 seed with home ice in the 2nd round? It's insane.

I'm still not sure if it was a goal even after all the replays.  The Oilers were the better team in the series though, so whatever.

How'd you like to be a #6 seed with home ice in the 2nd round?  It's insane.

680889[/snapback]

That happened in 1999, The Bruins #6 had home ice over the #7 Sabres

That happened in 1999, The Bruins #6 had home ice over the #7 Sabres

680897[/snapback]

O'Rly. Was Toronto the #5 or did they not re-seed back then?

edit: I remember now - The Sabres almost played the #8 seeded Penguins in the finals instead of Toronto.