Red Wings/Oilers

O'Rly.  Was Toronto the #5 or did they not re-seed back then?

edit: I remember now - The Sabres almost played the #8 seeded Penguins in the finals instead of Toronto.

680904[/snapback]

I remember the Leafs being a 4 seed....

Also in 1998, Washington was a 4 seed and I believed played the Penguins that year too....and the Sabres were a #6 seed and had home ice against the 7th seed Habs...those 2 years were wacky in the East

I remember the Leafs being a 4 seed....

Also in 1998, Washington was a 4 seed and I believed played the Penguins that year too....and the Sabres were a #6 seed and had home ice against the 7th seed Habs...those 2 years were wacky in the East

680920[/snapback]

Very close. Loafs and Caps were 4's both years and ended up hosting Conference Finals. Ottawa was the #8 seed that Washington beat in 5 games in '98 after Ottawa had knocked off top seeded Joisey in 6.

Very close.  Loafs and Caps were 4's both years and ended up hosting Conference Finals.  Ottawa was the #8 seed that Washington beat in 5 games in '98 after Ottawa had knocked off top seeded Joisey in 6.

681110[/snapback]

That's right I forgot about the Sens that year!!! I remember now that Sens/Devils series in 98....I think Bobby Holik got food poisoning or something like that...