Bills are losers, will always be

All major writers who make this their living (Clayton, Banks, King, Kiper, etc) all have stated that the Bills reached for lower rated talent.

After watching the Bills approach (what approach?) yesterday, I am convinced that this team is/will be a perenial loser for the forseeable future. It really showed how the team has no sense of what is happening, or what their strategy should be.

First, to pick a Safety #8 when he was projected to go much lower was assanine, Not only could they have gotten a comparable player later in the draft, but they had teams clammoring to deal (Denver, Philly). The Bills sucks right now, They need players. period. To not make a deal doesnt make sense. Oh, and by the way, Levy picked up Bowens in FA. So now he goes out and picks up another player at the same position. Seems like someone who doesn't now what he is doing.

Second, trading picks just because you have a friendship with Chicago was another major mistake. Again, we need players. To lose draft picks again makes no sense. I could see if the guy was highly rated, but he was rated a 3rd, 4th round talent. Call me crazy buy I think Levy missed a MAJOR opportunity to upgrade this team yesterday.

I think losing the 2nd and 3rd round picks plus the loss of additional picks that were offered to trade down were HUGE tactical and strategic mistakes which the Bills may NEVER recover from..

The players the Bills drafted are not the point. They may actually be good. The point is you had a chance to make some major inroads to the talent base and you failed. Miserbly. Everyone I was with yesterday was in shock with what Levy did. Heck, even ESPN could not even say anything. They were all in shock.

The overall perspective is that the Bills could have had similar or the same players plus much, much more.

Terrible approach and a HUGE mistake. This team is argueably the worst in the league. With what Miami and the Jets are are doing plus NE being consistently better, the Bills had no shot and with the new rules for revenue sharing, they will start to fall further and further behind and will not even be relevant by the time the next CBA comes up. They will be the Pittsburgh Pirates or Kansas City Royals of the NFL.

Oh, and one final word. For Levy to even suggest that the QB position will be better is a joke. To even think that Greg Nall can start is beyond ridiculous.

Goos Luck Levy. You failed as a coach since anyone could have won with the talent the Bills had back then and you are even worse as a GM.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For every "Expert" there is another one. Take a look at this mock by THe Sporting News.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhgL...v=tsn&type=lgns

1.16 Donte Whitner, S. He has visited the team twice, which is unheard of. It's time for Miami to get some good young defenders.

1.26 John McCargo, DT. They could go for a linebacker, such as Carpenter, but this team never has too many defensive linemen. The most likely scenario is the Bears will trade down.

1.31 Greg Jennings, WR. A cornerback like Ashton Youboty can't be dismissed. A trade down is possible.

So...according to this "expert" we got 3 guys worthy of 1st round selection. Think of it this way. We traded our 2nd rounder and both of our thirds for 2 additional picks in the first round. That make you feel better?

You cant knock the players we got. at the end of the day, we turned 4 picks in the first 3 rounds into 3 players with first round talent.

I agree our draft management was poor. But the outcome is satisfactory. Without seeing them play a down I give Marv and Co. an 'A' for player selections and a 'D-" for draft management.

"All major writers who make this their living (Clayton, Banks, King, Kiper, etc) all have stated that the Bills reached for lower rated talent."

You're wrong already.................these people, who make their living on pro football, beg to differ. See below from Pro Football Weekly:

"The first pick of the Bills’ new regime was a shocker to many observers and fans, but it wasn’t a surprise to other teams. Ohio State S Donte Whitner, a junior eligible, was expected to go in the mid-to-late first round, but Buffalo had him ranked high on its board and may have reached a bit to get its man at No. 8.

The Bills were reportedly attempting to trade down, in an attempt to acquire more draft picks and still get their man in Whitner. But word came in late that Whitner might go earlier than expected, and they decided to take the OSU standout after using up all 15 minutes of the time allotted to make their pick.

Buffalo has had great success in the past drafting defensive backs from Ohio State, and Whitner follows in the footsteps of current Bills CB Nate Clements and ex-Bills/current Vikings CB Antoine Winfield.

Whitner is strong, physical and aggressive with great instincts and closing speed. He is known as a high-character guy who takes the game seriously and wants to get better. He also is a big-time hitter who plays bigger than his size (sounds like Winfield, doesn’t it, Bills fans?). He has CB speed and brings leadership to the field. He should be a perfect fit with Troy Vincent aging and Matt Bowen more of a special-teams standout.

The fact that several other teams were clamoring for Whitner illustrates that the Bills were on the right path in taking him. And his character and passion for the game fit the recent pattern of player acquisitions under GM Marv Levy and coach Dick Jauron. The Bills’ brain trust is set on making the roster younger and hungrier, picking up high-character guys who care about the game of football and are willing to do their best at all times.

Whitner is a promising start to a very important draft for the rebuilding Bills."

All major writers who make this their living (Clayton, Banks, King, Kiper, etc) all have stated that the Bills reached for lower rated talent.

After watching the Bills approach (what approach?) yesterday, I am convinced that this team is/will be a perenial loser for the forseeable future. It really showed how the team has no sense of what is happening, or what their strategy should be.

First, to pick a Safety #8 when he was projected to go much lower was assanine, Not only could they have gotten a comparable player later in the draft, but they had teams clammoring to deal (Denver, Philly). The Bills sucks right now, They need players. period. To not make a deal doesnt make sense. Oh, and by the way, Levy picked up Bowens in FA. So now he goes out and picks up another player at the same position. Seems like someone who doesn't now what he is doing.

Second, trading picks just because you have a friendship with Chicago was another major mistake. Again, we need players. To lose draft picks again makes no sense. I could see if the guy was highly rated, but he was rated a 3rd, 4th round talent. Call me crazy buy I think Levy missed a MAJOR opportunity to upgrade this team yesterday.

I think losing the 2nd and 3rd round picks plus the loss of additional picks that were offered to trade down were HUGE tactical and strategic mistakes which the Bills may NEVER recover from..

The players the Bills drafted are not the point. They may actually be good. The point is you had a chance to make some major inroads to the talent base and you failed. Miserbly. Everyone I was with yesterday was in shock with what Levy did. Heck, even ESPN could not even say anything. They were all in shock.

The overall perspective is that the Bills could have had similar or the same players plus much, much more.

Terrible approach and a HUGE mistake. This team is argueably the worst in the league. With what Miami and the Jets are are doing plus NE being consistently better, the Bills had no shot and with the new rules for revenue sharing, they will start to fall further and further behind and will not even be relevant by the time the next CBA comes up. They will be the Pittsburgh Pirates or Kansas City Royals of the NFL.

Oh, and one final word. For Levy to even suggest that the QB position will be better is a joke. To even think that Greg Nall can start is beyond ridiculous.

Goos Luck Levy. You failed as a coach since anyone could have won with the talent the Bills had back then and you are even worse as a GM.

677633[/snapback]

First I'd like to say you do not pay attention to much Bills news (Major writers suck, you think matt bowen is a starting safety, Greg Nall, the CBA agreement, and why they needed to pick the players they did early).

You say the players might turn out to be good, then what the hell are you arguing, i understand you THINK we could have gotten more but you dont know that, you are too greedy. What was your scenario? let me guess...... Draft the bust bunkley in the first round, you are probably one of those people that think winston justice in the second round is a steal because you dont know sh-- about football, and i cant even imagine who you would want in the third.

These players are good..... stop wanting more and be happy with it..... there is still this other thing called THE SECOND DAY.

oh and please read other threads as to why we needed to pick whitner and mccargo when we did, it will only make it easier on everyone else when you post.

677633[/snapback]

You suck.

Go root for the Cowboys then whiner.

God, I'm sick of this crap. I rarely ever call someone out, but I've had enough. See you guys in about three months...

First, to pick a Safety #8 when he was projected to go much lower was assanine, Not only could they have gotten a comparable player later in the draft, but they had teams clammoring to deal (Denver, Philly).

You should stop reading mock drafts and assume you're a draft expert. Also, reading Clayton's or Kiper's columns also won't help you. Was any of them at the war rooms to know how the draft board was ordered?

The Bills sucks right now, They need players. period. To not make a deal doesnt make sense. Oh, and by the way, Levy picked up Bowens in FA. So now he goes out and picks up another player at the same position. Seems like someone who doesn't now what he is doing.

Do you know there're 'backups' and in a football team? How about 'special team'?

Again, how do you know Whitner and McCargo would be available in several picks laters? Because Clayton, Kiper, or the so-called "experts" said so?

Were they at the war rooms of the teams picked after Bills so they're sure Whitner and McCargo would be still on board?

No, they were not, just like all the fans.

Guest dog14787

677633[/snapback]

You should take Bills Fan off your alias. Join the fish forum, you belong there!!!!

The fact that Levy took a team to the big one after losing it the year before says more about his coaching then winning one.

He did it 3 times in a row!!!!!

Change your alias to Brainless and spineless :lol: Bills fan is a joke

You should take Bills Fan off your alias. Join the fish forum, you belong there!!!!

The fact that Levy took a team to the big one after losing it the year before says more about his coaching then winning one.

He did it 3 times in a row!!!!!

Change your alias to Brainless and spineless :lol: Bills fan is a joke

677690[/snapback]

Which means nothing to the 2006 Buffalo Bills. What Levy did as a coach has nothing to do with this draft or this team. Levy had little if anything to do with the building process of that team. 100% of that credit goes to Polian and Butler. Not Levy.

With Free Agency and day one of the Draft now on Levy's record it's becoming clearer that the Bills are going nowhere under Levy. It's a shame we wil have to wait another year or two until another GM can be found. Hopefully that choice will be made by a new owner. One that doesn't try to make a phone call using his stapler. :lol:

With Free Agency and day one of the Draft now on Levy's record it's becoming clearer that the Bills are going nowhere under Levy. It's a shame we wil have to wait another year or two until another GM can be found. Hopefully that choice will be made by a new owner. One that doesn't try to make a phone call using his stapler.  :lol:

677751[/snapback]

You are obviously not aware that Levy has long history of evaluating college prospects. :lol:

677633[/snapback]

These comments aren't accurate. When I first heard the pick I was upset, however, I have faith in the Bills and the organization. Marv Levy knows what he's doing.

well i agree with you, i am not impressed at all. (i hope i am wrong) but when not anyone but bills fans like our draft you got to wonder if bills fans are happy with anyone, as long as levy picks them.

we have to get a O line of some sort and as of round 4 we havent got one yet

ohh yea we alwayes have next year..

rw

Guest dog14787
:lol:

677883[/snapback]

If your the real deal (Whitner) welcome to the forum and welcome to the team!!!!

disregard all the crapp, and theres alot of it!!!!!

The fact that Levy believes in you says all I need to know!!!!

Your going to be great!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to watching you develop!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!! AND GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

677633[/snapback]

Okay, ask yourself this question. Do you think that the majority of the opinions of Clayton, Banks, King, Kiper you agree with or not?

For me, it's not.

This, I agree with. To give up a second and third to take the 3rd best Defensive Tackle off the board is not smart. Pittsburgh traded up because the #1 receiver on their board was falling to the latter half of the draft, making a trade possible. New England traded up to get Chad Jackson for the exact same reason.

Now I'm not a Donahoe supporter by any means, but his approach in the 2001 draft was right on. He inherited a team with plenty of holes and parlayed his draft picks into multiple selections that turned out to be valued additions to the team. IMO that was the approach needed, given the sorry state of the Bills.

The players the Bills drafted are not the point. They may actually be good. The point is you had a chance to make some major inroads to the talent base and you failed. Miserbly. Everyone I was with yesterday was in shock with what Levy did.

677633[/snapback]

This, I agree with.  To give up a second and third to take the 3rd best Defensive Tackle off the board is not smart.  Pittsburgh traded up because the #1 receiver on their board was falling to the latter half of the draft, making a trade possible.  New England traded up to get Chad Jackson for the exact same reason. 

Now I'm not a Donahoe supporter by any means, but his approach in the 2001 draft was right on.  He inherited a team with plenty of holes and parlayed his draft picks into multiple selections that turned out to be valued additions to the team.  IMO that was the approach needed, given the sorry state of the Bills.

679052[/snapback]

But we added so many players in free agency I think Marv had the luxury to trade away a few players to get what he wanted