Bills are losers, will always be

This is just silly. You can say that about ANY team's players, and you could say this about ANY linemen. Rookie linemen tend to struggle more than rookie DBs. Like most people here, you would have been happy with Justice at 8 yet he slipped to middle 2nd. That's just one example of the FACT that nobody here knows which players are best for this system. Jauron and his coaches and Modrak and his scouts do.

679306[/snapback]

Just like TD and Mularkey did?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which means nothing to the 2006 Buffalo Bills. What Levy did as a coach has nothing to do with this draft or this team. Levy had little if anything to do with the building process of that team. 100% of that credit goes to Polian and Butler. Not Levy.

With Free Agency and day one of the Draft now on Levy's record it's becoming clearer that the Bills are going nowhere under Levy. It's a shame we wil have to wait another year or two until another GM can be found. Hopefully that choice will be made by a new owner. One that doesn't try to make a phone call using his stapler.  ;)

677751[/snapback]

Thats right, Levy had nothing to do with the 4 straight SB trips. I mean, Polian and Butler proved that by Being in the Big Game so many times since not having Levy as their coach. What, They haven't even been to the SB without Levy?

I agree that what he did as a HC has nothing really to do with him being a GM. But lets given them a chance to suck first, before we all tell them they will suck.

If you don't like the direction of the team or think they will always suck, don't watch Football anymore or go support another team, the Bills don't need you.

That are rookies. Who WILL get burned early and often and WILL cost the team games this year.

But hey, that's OK, it'll push us higher in next year's draft and perhaps we won't win any meaningless games late in the season next year. ;)

679301[/snapback]

First of all you dont know that, and secondly name one rookie that hasnt gotten housed once before. They drafted this kid because he was the 2nd best DB and it was a glaring need. Granted we need lineman, but we went another way, next year everyone would have been complaining about how bad our secondary played. Its lose lose on this board. We got some great secondary talent that will be a cornerstone for a team for a long time. And JSP every DB gets beat sooner or later- its going to happen. and for DEbillsfan, book a trip south and be a fish fan because that is exactly what you sound like.

First  of all you dont know that, and secondly name one rookie that hasnt gotten housed once before. They drafted this kid because he was the 2nd best DB and it was a glaring need. Granted we need lineman, but we went another way, next year everyone would have been complaining about how bad our secondary played. Its lose lose on this board. We got some great secondary talent that will be a cornerstone for a team for a long time. And JSP every DB gets beat sooner or later- its going to happen. and for  DEbillsfan, book a trip south and be a fish fan because that is exactly what you sound like.

679324[/snapback]

Well, there's always next year when it comes to getting OL help.

One thing: these picks scream "Bye Nate" to me, which leaves me with a nauseating feeling that they'll be drafting his "replacement' in the first round (probably a top 5) next season.

One thing: these picks scream "Bye Nate" to me, which leaves me with a nauseating feeling that they'll be drafting his "replacement' in the first round (probably a top 5) next season.

679326[/snapback]

Or maybe we'll franchise him again and pick up a 1st next year. It's funny that you're worried about the 2007-08 season and Nate's status, but at least you're no longer aping what you heard on ESPN.

679326[/snapback]

I agree, but why not draft a proven college player, Nate is going to be gone after this year I do not believe Marv and RW are going to give him that big pay day. Or this could light a fire under NC and see if he will step up and play like he used to.

Thats right, Levy had nothing to do with the 4 straight SB trips. I mean, Polian and Butler proved that by Being in the Big Game so many times since not having Levy as their coach. What, They haven't even been to the SB without Levy?

I agree that what he did as a HC has nothing really to do with him being a GM. But lets given them a chance to suck first, before we all tell them they will suck.

If you don't like the direction of the team or think they will always suck, don't watch Football anymore or go support another team, the Bills don't need you.

679322[/snapback]

Well, Butler is dead and Poilan is doing a great job in Indy. While Marv was forced out of the league.

I've already seen enough of Levy I really don't need to see any more.

As far as finding another team? Why should I? I'll be a Bills fan long after this Levy Era is a bad memory. By that time they may be in L A but who knows. ;)

Well, Butler is dead and Poilan is doing a great job in Indy. While Marv was forced out of the league.

As far as finding another team? Why should I? I'll be a Bills fan long after this Levy Era is a bad memory. By that time they may be in L A but who knows. ;)

679336[/snapback]

I got an idea of you dont want to see more of Levy turn your head, or book the flight south with DEBILLS. Maybe you both can get a group rate or something.

Or maybe we'll franchise him again and pick up a 1st next year. It's funny that you're worried about the 2007-08 season and Nate's status, but at least you're no longer aping what you heard on ESPN.

679328[/snapback]

Again, ****, not everyone who disagrees with this draft gets their opinion from ESPN. I've been harping on this team for YEARS about their inability to build an OL.

679328[/snapback]

But nod, Joe did raise a legit issue. Since 1990, the Bills have now spent 7 first round picks on DBs alone. I didn't add up the 1st day picks because I was afraid that I might start crying. :D:lol:

Franchise Nate? This would mean using the bulk of our salary cap allocation to the secondary, which frankly is a dumb way to manage a football team. Will Ralph shell out the bucks to sign him? You tell me. ;) In essence, this leaves us with a very good corner who just can't wait (or so it would seem) to get out of town, and a 3rd round corner as a replacement if all goes well. If not, history tells us that Marv just might draft more secondary in 07.

I expected a poor draft in terms of positions, but nothing quite this shocking.

It is a damn shame. :lol:

679336[/snapback]

Yeah Polian is doing a great job in Indy, all those SB championships, none yet, SB appearances? none yet. His team without Levy can dominate the regular season and then get embarrassed in the playoffs (maybe they're in a mediocre division making them look better) I don't get everyones Man-Love here for Polian, he's a good GM but everyone in Buffalo has him on this giant pedistal and believe he is the greatest thing to come to the NFL, yet he has no better SB record then ML.

Yeah Polian is doing a great job in Indy, all those SB championships, none yet, SB appearances? none yet. His team without Levy can dominate the regular season and then get embarrassed in the playoffs (maybe they're in a mediocre division making them look better) I don't get everyones Man-Love here for Polian, he's a good GM but everyone in Buffalo has him on this giant pedistal and believe he is the greatest thing to come to the NFL, yet he has no better SB record then ML.

679399[/snapback]

Well, he DID build the best team this town's ever seen. but let's just pretend that didn't happen.

;)

Milloy actually held his own last year, but that's besides the point. Whitner is a great pick and I have no problems that he is on the Bills.

Where I do have a problem is that the Bills pigeonholed themselves and were too infatuated with one player, resulting in them taking him WAY too early and overpaying for him. To top it off, they traded back into the first round for a raw project and gave up some valuable mid-round picks in the process. The Patriots traded up in the second round when the top-rated receiver on their board fell. That makes sense. That's why teams trade up.

The Bills did it out of desperation. When a team has as many needs as this one does, acquiring picks is the most prudent strategy, NOT giving them up.

You people are going to love the kid. Our safety play last year was HOOOORRID. They took advantage of our lack of speed and Milloy's problems in coverage. Now we have two young, extremely athletic and fast guys with great hands who will man the secondary for years.

679297[/snapback]

679336[/snapback]

Yes, the city of INDY is beaming with pride after recently appearing in their fourth consecutive superbowl.......I mean championship game.......I mean playoffs......

Pssst, doing a "great" job is relative. One could argue that Polian is merely surviving and that with the talent he has had for the time he has had it in INDY he is doing about average.

Sure I would like to trade the Bills last 5 years with INDY's, but that would still be a step below where MARV had the Bills.....a giant step below where MARV had the Bills.

Marv is god.