Hypersensitive Sissys - It's About Winning Games

Mark VI

But Kiper said...

But Clayton said...

But Mort said... :)

I don't care if Ngata or Bing or Jesus Christ provided a better " value ". Most mock drafts look like a joke after day 1.

If "Shiny" name players don't fit what we do and can't help us win football games, they're not worth a damn.

Grow a backbone.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If "Shiny" name players don't fit what we do and can't help us win football games, they're not worth a damn.

677443[/snapback]

Ronny Not to dispense discipline upon AFC East WRs, a 3 Technique down lineman and an heir to the Clements throne. Sounds like progress to me.

And in answer to your question, I haven't gone anywhere ;-)

But Kiper said...

But Clayton said...

But Mort said...  :)

I don't care if Ngata or Bing or Jesus Christ provided a better " value ". Most mock drafts look like a joke after day 1.

Grow a backbone.

677443[/snapback]

You can defend any picks with this line of defense. If the Bills had the first choice in the draft and they chose Whitner would you say the same thing? People would be calling it a "huge reach" and you could come back with this defense. Would you?

Or would you be pissed that the Bills reached for him? If you wouldn't defend Whitner with the first pick of the draft then you also believe in getting "value" out of the picks.

If the Bills had the first pick in the draft and absolutely had to have Whitner wouldn't you want them to trade down and pick up more picks in the process? Wouldn't there be a chance that he'd be gone by then because "nobody knows" if someone would take him before the Bills got a chance?

We're talking about the same thing here the above is just an extreme example but it does illustrate that just about everybody has some concept of "value" in these drafts.

But Kiper said...

But Clayton said...

Grow a backbone.

677443[/snapback]

I am actually knowledgeable enough to form my own opinion, just because you cant doesnt mean no one else can

you probably have no idea who any of these players are anyway

But Kiper said...

But Clayton said...

Grow a backbone.

677443[/snapback]

{Standing up, slowly clapping....roll credits}

Nicely said.

I'm impressed with Levy, Jauron and Modrak's explanations of their picks (video is at Bills website). They are saying that the draftniks have their value board, and they have theirs. They actually had Leinart as a Round 2 prospect. If he can't come into our winds and cold and throw a deep spiral to Evans, did we want him?

I'm impressed with Levy, Jauron and Modrak's explanations of their picks (video is at Bills website). They are saying that the draftniks have their value board, and they have theirs. They actually had Leinart as a Round 2 prospect. If he can't come into our winds and cold and throw a deep spiral to Evans, did we want him?

677483[/snapback]

I didnt want Lienart but other teams.....didnt want Whitner at 8 either. Marv and company eyeballed a single player with the 8th pick and thats a mistake

I have no problem trading up for McCargo and Youboty was a nice pick in the 3rd round

I am actually knowledgeable enough to form my own opinion, just because you cant doesnt mean no one else can

677476[/snapback]

He says to a guy who follows Ohio State as ardently as he follows the BILLS. Didn't do a whole lot of scouting on the opposition when you tossed in that gem, did ya? :)

I didnt want Lienart but other teams.....didnt want Whitner at 8 either. Marv and company eyeballed a single player with the 8th pick and thats a mistake

I have no problem trading up for McCargo and Youboty was a nice pick in the 3rd round

677494[/snapback]

you are correct. :devil:

It is always better to take the consensus pick even though that player has a good chance of busting from being overwight, (Mike Williams) a workout warrior (Mamula) instead of a player with great skills who will greatly improve your team. :)

Posters are hung up on the mock draftnicks who maintain that Whitner went too early. However, if in reality Whitner would have been drafted by either Detroit or the Rams as the Bills expected, then the bills would have lost out by trading down and did not take him too soon. This is especially true since there was no other safety prospect that they were comfortable with starting immediately and being an impact player.

677494[/snapback]

So the question is "does anyone want to trade up to 8 and still give the Bills a shot at Whitner?"

And I think that the answer was "NO"

Should they have traded pick for pick just to get him at a lower spot?

677494[/snapback]

Whitner was slotted at 12, 13 or 14, so he went 8 BIG DEAL. It's all a guessing game when it comes down to it. If he turns out to be the safety we need then I'm happy! There are no guarantees.

you are correct. :devil:

It is always better to take the consensus pick even though that player has a good chance of busting from being overwight, (Mike Williams) a workout warrior (Mamula) instead of a player with great skills who will greatly improve your team. :)

Posters are hung up on the mock draftnicks who maintain that Whitner went too early.  However, if in reality Whitner would have been drafted by either Detroit or the Rams as the Bills expected, then the bills would have lost out by trading down and did not take him too soon. This is especially true since there was no other safety prospect that they were comfortable with starting immediately and being an impact player.

677500[/snapback]

thats the problem with eyeballing a single player

would it have been better for the Bills to trade down, pickup another second rounder and draft someone else if Whitner wasnt there

wouldnt you have been happy with Bunkley or someone else and an additional second round pick?

no one is talking about workout warriors or mock drafts here, we're talking about making good football decisions. Trading down and drafting someone else while picking up an additional second or third round pick was the better move even if Whitner wasnt going to be there

and dont say no one wanted to move up because Denver obviously did

think we all would have liked that extra pick yesterday

677494[/snapback]

Whitner was a panic pick. Check the Bills trash can and you will see a draft card with Huff's name on it. When the Raiders passed on Matt Leinart the Bills didn't know what to do. So they went to the next safety on the board passing up the huge bodies they needed to plug the middle. This caused them to overreact and reach for McCargo. A player who only had 6 starts in his junior year. A player that a Bills coached described as 'needing to learn how to play the game'. That was from the Bills scout on WGR during their coverage.

The Bills needed to be able to adjust in midstream. They couldn't do it. :)

Marv was looking for character guys with great skills. He got what he wanted. Those other "experts" are not coaching our team. I'm not going to defend every pick as they have yet to play for the Bills. Time will tell.

But Kiper said...

But Clayton said...

Grow a backbone.

677443[/snapback]

It isn't about "value" imo. I am probably less than equipped to determine what value is in a draft.

It is about how to build a football team. The Bills do this ass-backwards and have done so for many years.

If you get a chance, read the response I got above (pinned) from Dwight Adams. Imo, it says quite a lot about this draft.

thats the problem with eyeballing a single player

would it have been better for the Bills to trade down, pickup another second rounder and draft someone else if Whitner wasnt there

wouldnt you have been happy with Bunkley or someone else and an additional second round pick?

no one is talking about workout warriors or mock drafts here, we're talking about making good football decisions. Trading down and drafting someone else while picking up an additional second or third round pick was the better move even if Whitner wasnt going to be there

and dont say no one wanted to move up because Denver obviously did

think we all would have liked that extra pick yesterday

677506[/snapback]

Ah, so you're saying Denver offered a second to move up and we turned it down? Or your saying you'd have gotten Denver to offer a second?

Either way, you're full of crap.

677476[/snapback]

You're always welcome to form your own opinion, but when it comes to taking stabs at who knows about players in the draft, and how the draft shapes up over the years, you'd best be served keeping your seat at the Thanksgiving kiddie table, Skeeter.

There's a bib in front of you. Put it on. It'll make clean-up a lot easier the next time you puke on yourself like that.

Ah, so you're saying Denver offered a second to move up and we turned it down?  Or your saying you'd have gotten Denver to offer a second?

Either way, you're full of crap.

677520[/snapback]

Im not saying Denver offered anything tough guy, I was saying Denver was someone who obviously wanted to move up.

Guess you couldnt figure that out

maybe you should just go read Dr Suess....I am Sam, Sam I am