99% of the posts today are ridiculous

nodnarb

Most of you people would have cheered if the Bills had taken Winston Justice at #8. You would have been ecstatic if we had traded up in the late first to get him. And he's still on the board. Why? Cuz these teams and their staffs know more about these players than every one of us combined. They also know how to assemble players that FIT THEIR SYSTEM, and none of us do.

There will be a lot of crow at the buffet at the end of the year or by the end of next year, when we know a lot more about the impact these guys will make.

You can NEVER judge a draft on draft day. But you armchair draftniks know better, right? Please...what a joke.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you people would have cheered if the Bills had taken Winston Justice at #8. You would have been ecstatic if we had traded up in the late first to get him. And he's still on the board. Why? Cuz these teams and their staffs know more about these players than every one of us combined. They also know how to assemble players that FIT THEIR SYSTEM, and none of us do.

There will be a lot of crow at the buffet at the end of the year or by the end of next year, when we know a lot more about the impact these guys will make.

You can NEVER judge a draft on draft day. But you armchair draftniks know better, right? Please...what a joke.

675683[/snapback]

couldnt agree more. we picked up two guys that we can plug in as starters on day one. lets hope winston from miami is still there in the third.

675683[/snapback]

LMAO. We're not worthy, we're not worthy. How did TD assemble players that FIT HIS SYSTEM? I guess he should have just been a dumb fan on this message board all along huh? After all, he didn't seem to know all that much.

675683[/snapback]

I felt better about the first pick after we saw the run at the position right afterwards. That gave the impression that Marv and Co. were actually ahead of the curve. But if McCargo really could have been had in the late 2nd, I really don't understand the jump back into the first in order to secure the guy. But hey, if the guy ends up being a good player for us, we'll eventually forget about where he was drafted......unless whoever is drafted at #73 ends up being some hall of famer, of course lol

LMAO.  We're not worthy, we're not worthy.  How did TD assemble players that FIT HIS SYSTEM?  I guess he should have just been a dumb fan on this message board all along huh?  After all, he didn't seem to know all that much.

675700[/snapback]

Well...one thing to consider is that TD's picks DIDN"T GET US TO THE PLAYOFFS....

we have not been in the playoffs since the 90's....time to go in a new direction.

LMAO.  We're not worthy, we're not worthy.  How did TD assemble players that FIT HIS SYSTEM?  I guess he should have just been a dumb fan on this message board all along huh?  After all, he didn't seem to know all that much.

675700[/snapback]

This post says nothing. But I've read a couple of your other posts, and it's consistent with those.

675683[/snapback]

But mel kiper has told posters that the players we drafted shouldnt have been picked then...waaaahhh cries the new posters...

675683[/snapback]

did every team know what they were doing when Thurman Thomas slid to the second round?

point is just because its their job doesnt mean they dont make mistakes or that what the fans want isnt a better idea then what the front office wants

i wanted the Bills to trade down if they couldnt get D'Brick....period

"Fit the system" is the key. Hard to argue these two guys are not (potentially) an excellent fit in the new defense.

We can go around and around about when, where and who else the Bills could have got but if they start and contribute there is no way to know if anyone would have been any better. If they fail, then we know but we won't know until the season starts.

Right now, all I know is McGargo looks like a good starter at DT and Whitner could be solid at SS -- filling two needs. Hopefully we add nice depth elsewhere by the end of the draft.

This post says nothing. But I've read a couple of your other posts, and it's consistent with those.

675719[/snapback]

Oh, and here I just thought that being employed by an NFL team automatically makes you a football genius. At least, that was inferred in your post.

I just wondered what happened to Tom Donahoe. He didn't seem overly bright to me when putting players together to FIT HIS SYSTEM.

Or the guy from the Bengals in the 90's, or the Cardinals, or the Browns or, or, or, or, or, or......

But yeah, hey, they work for an NFL team, so they know soooo much more than here. Obviously some of them really don't apparently.

Ask the Steelers how much they miss Tom Donahoe about now.

I have no problems with the picks themselves. What I "do" have a problem with is that the Bills don't seem to be taking advantage of other teams' draft boards. For instance, if most teams had Whitmer as a mid to late first rounder, TRADE DOWN! Secure extra picks.

If McCargo is a late second rounder by post team projections, stay put. Perhaps they had intelligence that indicated otherwise, but usually these folks in the media have a solid pulse as to where teams' draft boards are -- and in both cases, these players were reaches where they were drafted.

675683[/snapback]

675683[/snapback]

And we all know that these teams and their staffs never make mistakes, right?

:(:D:lol:<_<<_<

:lol:

675683[/snapback]

Ah yes. We all know that with the great recent success of the Bills, and their drafts, we shouldn't question what they're doing.

675683[/snapback]

Yes General Custer, sir!

If McCargo is a late second rounder by post team projections, stay put.  Perhaps they had intelligence that indicated otherwise, but usually these folks in the media have a solid pulse as to where teams' draft boards are -- and in both cases, these players were reaches where they were drafted.

675757[/snapback]

He was NOT a late second round projection, he was a late first round EARLY second round projection. Outside of Bunkley and Ngata he was the NEXT best thing and the upside? He is NOT a two down player (see Ngata) nor is there character issues with him (see Bunkley). This pick (McCargo) seems exemplary from a talent, need, and value pick.

Bottom line, Marv had Whitner and McCargo pegged from the start and it was going to take a lot to pry those players from Marv. Basically, the trade options were not worthy enough to risk not getting them. Smart.

And we all know that these teams and their staffs never make mistakes, right?

:(  :D  :lol:  <_<  <_<

:lol:

675767[/snapback]

Sure they make mistakes! Every year! (my god, am I speaking with a 5th grader?) Why is this so difficult to understand...? It's not that teams make mistakes...

It's that YOU...and fans like YOU...are not qualified to judge whether they are mistakes or not.