Mike Mayock likes the McCargo pick

I am certain that he is right...regarding the fit.......But with Justice sitting there, I am also pretty darn certain that McCargo could have been there for our next pick. This just makes no sense.

I hope he's right.  At this time it looks like a HUGE reach, especially considering we gave up 2 early picks in what's supposed to be a deep draft.

675467[/snapback]

This will actually be a pretty good indication in a couple years of whether the Bills scouting department is good or bad. Because, clearly, the Bills LOVED Whitner, and thought remarkably high of McCargo, too. Who knows if they will be good or bad but clearly the brass loved both of these guys. It wasn't a "he was our top player" when he clearly wasnt kind of choice.

says he fits Perry Fewell's scheme perfectly.  I dont understand whose going to play OL

675454[/snapback]

Problem #1: We have a guy designing our scheme that used to sing for Jane's Addiction.

Problem #2: Jets just drafted the guy who's going to kick McCargo's ass twice a year.

I hope he's right.  At this time it looks like a HUGE reach, especially considering we gave up 2 early picks in what's supposed to be a deep draft.

675467[/snapback]

We only gave up one pick. We got one for two. So we only gave up one. :(

Honestly I thought we traded into that pick for Mangold.  Imagine the shock on my face when the name John McCargo was announced.  I seriously thought we got someone from Fleetwood Mac.

675554[/snapback]

So we were going to trade into the 1st to get a player that we already have 2 guys at (Preston and Fowler?)

Now we get our DT and everyone is complaing cause they believe we would have had him at our 2nd round pick (isn't that 20 picks away?)

So we were going to trade into the 1st to get a player that we already have 2 guys at (Preston and Fowler?)

Now we get our DT and everyone is complaing cause they believe we would have had him at our 2nd round pick (isn't that 20 picks away?)

675574[/snapback]

You guys might not like him now, but you will come to love McCargo, and he wouldnt have been there come your next pick, some teams really liked him

Again I like this guy but I really think he was a stretch based on what we "paid' for him. Brandt rates him as the 3rd best DT in the draft behind, Ngata and Bunkly. The question that still is looming is who is protecting JP's backside?