They Probably Tried to Trade Down...

...but didn't get good value for the pick.

Stop being such downers. These guys know a lot more than you guys do. Also, our track record from Ohio State defensive players have been pretty good.

Additionally, how do you guys know if he would be available? Did you think Sims would go 9th to Detriot? Probably not.

Sorry but the Rams just traded down and got SOMETHING for doing so. The Bills could have had at least what they got -- and still wound up with the guy they liked at #15.

674697[/snapback]

Exactly. St. Louis just added a 3rd rounder. I would've taken that. We could've then had Whitner, or if he was gone for some reason, Ngata, Bunkley, or Justice. All still fill big needs, plus save us cap space.

But I thought everyone loves Marv?      :(

674678[/snapback]

Simply read this board, how can you conclude that? Do you not know Marv is senile and the people on this board are brilliant?

I am predicting a mass suicide today (jumping over the falls sounds good) by the WNY 'fans'. As they are proving to be the most weak, soft, and over emotive fans ever, EVER, in professional sports. :doh:

If Marv is senile and embarrassing with this pick, then the Bills fans of WNY are what? I can not even think of a word. While classless, soft, paranoid, and ignorant are all applicable...there must be a better word to describe the gutter mindless drivel that is posted here.

Gosh, I love this board. I get to post my puke and others get to post theirs. :doh:

Sorry but the Rams just traded down and got SOMETHING for doing so. The Bills could have had at least what they got -- and still wound up with the guy they liked at #15.

674697[/snapback]

What it tells me is we needed a safety so bad we could't take a chance in not getting the #2 guy. We were going safety no matter what is my reading.

I don't have a problem with them taking a safety, it actually is a position of need for us.  But why not trade down?  There had to be mutliple teams trying to move up for Leinart.  This seals the deal for me.  This team is going nowhere with Marv running the show.

674578[/snapback]

can you contradict yourself anymore??? you love taking a safety, the only reason you arent happy is because we didnt trade down? makes no sense, it seems like this is still the pick you wanted.

Picking Donte Whitner is fine. Picking Donte Whitner at 8 when we could've had him at 15 with an extra 3rd rd pick... well thats not so fine.

674731[/snapback]

we dont know who would be there at 15 and we dont know what they were offering, the browns who dropped down got a 6th, so lets not assume we could have gotten another 2nd or 3rd.