If the Jets trade with the Saints, should Buffalo

If the Jets traded with the Saints and New Orleans then have the #4 pick then should Buffalo take a stab at trading their #8 and #42 picks to the Saints to obtain OT Ferguson? On the value chart the #4 pick is worth 1800 points while the #8 pick is 1400 points and the #42 pick is worth 480 points. That's an 80 point swing in the Saints favor. In addition to being compensated from the Jets, the Saints would still have apretty high 1st rder from the Bills and have multiple 1st day picks from us and the Jets. This would be pretty tempting for us to move up. Would this be a good move for us or should we just stay put or even trade down?

Nope, too many holes on this team to give up our 2nd rounder for an OT when we could trade down and pick up Winston Justice and get MORE picks.

I've got my fingers crossed thats what the Bills are going to do...not only do we get our OT, but even more picks to play with.

Nope, too many holes on this team to give up our 2nd rounder for an OT when we could trade down and pick up Winston Justice and get MORE picks. 

I've got my fingers crossed thats what the Bills are going to do...not only do we get our OT, but even more picks to play with.

673690[/snapback]

Going for the name draft??

Dusty Dvoracek. I like it!

And Frostee playing in Buffalo just fits!!

And Frostee playing in Buffalo just fits!!

673698[/snapback]

You cant stop The Snowman.

<_<

I'll admit, Dusty is probably my most "iffy" pick...kid has some character concerns, and unlike Justice, I havent heard anything recently about him doing anything to correct it. But I like his talent, and he's the tough, scrappy (and kinda crazy) player that would put some fear into opposing Guards and Centers. He's rising in the draft too, started off as a late 4th rounder and I've seen him sneak into the late 2nd in some of the newer mocks.

No Thanks...

No Trades Up...No giving up Picks...Too many holes...Too many Needs...

With the multiple Needs the Bills have I would not Trade Up for Ferguson if he was the next Pace or Ogden...And he's not...

My feeling on what The Bills strategy should be has not changed a bit. Hopefully they can Trade Down a spot or two and pick up another 3rd Round Pick while still landing one from the Group of Ngata, Bunkley, Huff, or Justice... <_<

No Thanks...

No Trades Up...No giving up Picks...Too many holes...Too many Needs...

With the multiple Needs the Bills have I would not Trade Up for Ferguson if he was the next Pace or Ogden...And he's not...

My feeling on what The Bills strategy should be has not changed a bit. Hopefully they can Trade Down a spot or two and pick up another 3rd Round Pick while still landing one from the Group of Ngata, Bunkley, Huff, or Justice... <_<

673711[/snapback]

Well if all four are still there at #8, a trade with the Rams would...at the very least...net us one of them.

You're right about this board being unreal. A simple suggestion on trading up for a BLUE CHIP OT and I'm being accused of being high? The majority of this board has been crying since LAST year for a true starting OT and now one can't even be considered? How many OTs in this draft can start this year? Let us just keep on filling up the bench so we can still have something to cry about this season.

If the Jets traded with the Saints and New Orleans then have the #4 pick then should Buffalo take a stab at trading their #8 and #42 picks to the Saints to obtain OT Ferguson? On the value chart the #4 pick is worth 1800 points while the #8 pick is 1400 points and the #42 pick is worth 480 points. That's an 80 point swing in the Saints favor. In addition to being compensated from the Jets, the Saints would still have apretty high 1st rder from the Bills and have multiple 1st day picks from us and the Jets. This would be pretty tempting for us to move up. Would this be a good move for us or should we just stay put or even trade down?

673682[/snapback]

Maybe I am in the minority, but I would consider this. DA BRICK will be a stud LT for the next 10-12 years......no doubt. Tough to pass that up if you have a chance. But, I still like the idea of trading down a couple spots to pick up Justice and maybe moving up back into the late 1st to pick up Mangold. You would immediately be better up front. Then concentrate on DT in the 3rd.

But, I would consider trading he 2nd for DA BRICK. He is well worth it in my opinion!

I think D'Brick is the next Mike Williams. Has anybody heard him speak? I think he is way too nice of a guy to have success in the NFL, and I especially don't think he is nasty enough to play tackle in the NFL.

I think the Bills need too much to have success in the near future, and free agency didn't get it done, so we will be relying heavily on the draft. It would be stupid for the Bills to trade up so we could get one guy instead of multiple players.

I don't know who the Bills are going to take as some drafts have Brodrick Bunkley and Vernon Davis going before the Bills pick. If we don't trade down with a team that needs a QB, I think Michael Huff will be our pick in that scenario.

I would be quite content if we were to stay put and selected Huff. No qualms here but people at the same time are talking about trading up into the latter part of the 1st rd. Why? Why still be willing to trade up for lesser talent? If we were to trade up in this draft then let's trade up for a blue chipper if the opportunity presents itself. Otherwise we should stay put or even trade down and accumalate more picks. This I could understand. Trading up for D'Brick, a stud OT that we could truly need, would be the only scenario that I think that would be worthy of trading up for.

I would quite content if we were to stay put and selected Huff. No qualms here but people at the same time are talking about trading up into the latter part of the 1st rd. Why? Why still be willing to trade up for lesser talent? If we were to trade up in this draft then let's trade up for a blue chipper if the opportunity presents itself. Otherwise we should stay put or even trade down and accumalate more picks. This I could understand. Trading up for D'Brick, a stud OT that we could truly need, would be the only scenario that I think that would be worthy of trading up for.

673744[/snapback]

I would be VERY happy with Huff. IF he is there at #8 (and DA BRICK is not), I would take him and then try and move up to Chicago's #26 pick in the first round to grab Mangold. If we got both Huff and Mangold somehow, this draft would be a success no matter who else we draft in the later rounds!!!!!

Are you high?

This board is unreal.

673718[/snapback]

Really it's not.

It's just that Tom (Son Of Satan) Donohoe has registered as multiple users and is still trying to manipulate us. Honest.

Can you believe that?

You're right about this board being unreal. A simple suggestion on trading up for a BLUE CHIP OT and I'm being accused of being high? The majority of this board has been crying since LAST year for a true starting OT and now one can't even be considered? How many OTs in this draft can start this year? Let us just keep on filling up the bench so we can still have something to cry about this season.

673735[/snapback]

I think most folks are reacting to this very talented draft pool (according to many observers both credible and incredible) with the sense that the draft is a real crap shoot under the best of circumstances.

Given thiis basic uncertainty, they are generally interests in having more chances to succeed (or fail) than reducing our # of chances and increasing the need for success.

In particular with this draft, the consensus observation seems to be that there really is not a huge difference between most of the best players (D'Brick for example is clearly the best LT, but has some questions that no one confuses him with Boselli or Pace as a prospect) and a ton of folks in this apparently deep draft (even the 3rd round should provide some players with no unreasonable hopes of being first year starters when usuall the second round is the end of this road and often only the 1st rounders have much of a chance of starting,

If these factors prove to be true the trading up would be a very bad move, particularly for a team that needs multiple starters who are not on the roster yet.

Further making this view important is that the few players who appear to be very special in this draft (Ngata MAY be a great DT choice but only MAY and anyway Bunckley appears to be about equal and some folks even have Cargo as a first year starter but others have him as a second day choice) is the sense that the extremely special players who are virtually certain blue chips (as opposed to folks like D'Brick who while clearly is the best LT is a probable rather than certain blue chip) at positions of lesser need (Davis at TE for example would likely force the cut of Royal, Euhus, Everett or Neufeld if not two of them when there is reason to keep any of these four and Hawk if selected will force Ralph to pay millions for an LB to sit on the bench and assure the cut of Posey and maybe one other player).

If we took one of the true BAPs we not only would have to cut a player we would pay a bunch too but we still would have holes not filled by the current roster at DT. SS and probably OL.

This all mitigates against the notion of trading up.

I love these insane ideas we get in the weeks before the draft, but the night before its gets even crazier

we're not sacraficing any picks ot move up. We'll stay put hope for the best or trade down and parlay picks

I would be quite content if we were to stay put and selected Huff. No qualms here but people at the same time are talking about trading up into the latter part of the 1st rd. Why? Why still be willing to trade up for lesser talent? If we were to trade up in this draft then let's trade up for a blue chipper if the opportunity presents itself. Otherwise we should stay put or even trade down and accumalate more picks. This I could understand. Trading up for D'Brick, a stud OT that we could truly need, would be the only scenario that I think that would be worthy of trading up for.

673744[/snapback]

because it costs a lot less to get a targeted player- especially if they trade down with #8