If you have trouble getting to work on Monday,

pdh1

Immigration rally aims to 'close' cities

Activists plan a one-day boycott of U.S. businesses to pressure Congress to legalize millions of immigrants.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pro-immigration activists say a nationwide boycott and marches planned for May 1 will flood Americas's streets with millions of Latinos to demand amnesty for illegal immigrants and shake the ground under Congress as it tackles reform.

But while such a massive turnout could make for the largest protests since the civil rights era of the 1960s, not all Latinos, nor their leaders, were comfortable with such militancy - fearing a backlash in Middle America.

"There will be 2 to 3 million people hitting the streets in Los Angeles alone. We're going to close down Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Tucson, Phoenix, Fresno," said Jorge Rodriguez, a union official who helped organize earlier rallies credited with rattling Congress as it debates the issue.

"We want full amnesty, full legalization for anybody who is here (illegally)," Rodriguez said. "That is the message that is going to be played out across the country on May 1."

Organizers of the May Day marches, which have strong support from big labor and the Roman Catholic church, vow that America's major cities will grind to a halt and its economy will stagger as Latinos walk off their jobs and skip school.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

""We want full amnesty, full legalization for anybody who is here illegally?"

I thought the protest were started because the original bill made all illegals felons.

Now its full legalization for everyone? WTF?

Watch, someone will get hit by car, who is blocking someone on their way to work, and the cries of RACIST HATE CRIME will be heard in Spanish all over the former United States of America.

I plan on doing all my shopping for the week on May 1, to help support our economy, and enjoy the fact there won't be any groups of Mexicans hanging outside of Target making comments about women as they come in. Should be less low rider trucks on the road too.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Immigration rally aims to 'close' cities

Activists plan a one-day boycott of U.S. businesses to pressure Congress to legalize millions of immigrants.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pro-immigration activists say a nationwide boycott and marches planned for May 1 will flood Americas's streets with millions of Latinos to demand amnesty for illegal immigrants and shake the ground under Congress as it tackles reform.

But while such a massive turnout could make for the largest protests since the civil rights era of the 1960s, not all Latinos, nor their leaders, were comfortable with such militancy - fearing a backlash in Middle America.

"There will be 2 to 3 million people hitting the streets in Los Angeles alone. We're going to close down Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Tucson, Phoenix, Fresno," said Jorge Rodriguez, a union official who helped organize earlier rallies credited with rattling Congress as it debates the issue.

"We want full amnesty, full legalization for anybody who is here (illegally)," Rodriguez said. "That is the message that is going to be played out across the country on May 1."

Organizers of the May Day marches, which have strong support from big labor and the Roman Catholic church, vow that America's major cities will grind to a halt and its economy will stagger as Latinos walk off their jobs and skip school.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

""We want full amnesty, full legalization for anybody who is here illegally?"

I thought the protest were started because the original bill made all illegals felons.

Now its full legalization for everyone? WTF?

Watch, someone will get hit by car, who is blocking someone on their way to work, and the cries of RACIST HATE CRIME will be heard in Spanish all over the former United States of America.

I plan on doing all my shopping for the week on May 1, to help support our economy, and enjoy the fact there won't be any groups of Mexicans hanging outside of Target making comments about women as they come in. Should be less low rider trucks on the road too.

672499[/snapback]

Oh - the symbolism

Walk away from the "Job" that you came here for :blink:

No harm in a peaceful rally as long as they don't fly any non-US flags and shout anti-US slogans.

672744[/snapback]

" We're going to close down Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Tucson, Phoenix, Fresno,"

What about trying to block roads to keep others from getting to work, school, etc...

which is stated as one of their goals?

Why earn your Citizenship and the respect of Americans when you can simply demand it through protest. If they succeed in scaring the American citizens with millions of people marching and the threat of crippling the economies of these cities, people will realize that they need to be stopped before our country is overrun by Illegals who don't respect our citizens or laws. The majority of these protesters are not the timid farmworkers just trying to earn a living that are portrayed on t.v. These protesters are taking advantage of us and will not make decent citizens. We have enough of an entitlement crowd in this country already.

What about trying to block roads to keep others from getting to work, school, etc...

which is stated as one of their goals?

672798[/snapback]

Like I said, run 'em over!

I might. I am going to give my wife some bail money that morning in case something happens on the way to work.

673113[/snapback]

:blink:

Well you could just hijack an airplane and crash into them. Kill 'em all and scare the crap out of the ones back in Mexico so they don't even TRY to come to America.

Sounds stupid doesn't it. About like running them over. They're human beings. You may not want them here but the minute people start dehumanizing them we're no better than despicable people like OBL.

If you were kidding, you should have used a smiley. Otherwise, for shame. I personally think they need to follow the legal route to citizenship but when they are harbored by businesses who embrace their cheap labor - and exploit it knowing they will take it because they have families to feed - I can't put all the blame on them. Clearly there's a need for them here, or they wouldn't be here in such numbers.

And how loudly will this board scream when prices go up because the 11 million undocumented immigrants go away and companies are forced to pay a living wage to their workers?

It won't bother me to have a day without Mexicans.

I already cut my own lawn and clean my own pool.

The gas station on the corner is run by Iranians and my Starbucks cashier is Chinese. My company is owned by Germans and staffed by Americans, Germans, Indians and Arabs.

Besides, if I had to go through the endless months of red tape and bureaucratic mumbo jumbo to get a green card, then everyone should have to. It's a right of passage thing IMO.

:lol:

And how loudly will this board scream when prices go up because the 11 million undocumented immigrants go away and companies are forced to pay a living wage to their workers?

674483[/snapback]

well, they maybe the state gov. wouldn't have to raise my property tax for 4th time in 5 years to pay for more schools to fit all the anchor babies in. They aren't paying the property tax increases, so its school for free for them. Yippee!

And maybe my health insurance would stop going up, because illegals wouldn't using the E.R. for the own private HMO.

Would I pay extra fro head of lettuce? If meant better schools, lower taxes, and more addordable health care. You bet I would. :lol::angry::lol:

Why earn your Citizenship and the respect of Americans when you can simply demand it through protest.  If they succeed in scaring the American citizens with millions of people marching and the threat of crippling the economies of these cities, people will realize that they need to be stopped before our country is overrun by Illegals who don't respect our citizens or laws.  The majority of these protesters are not the timid farmworkers just trying to earn a living that are portrayed on t.v.  These protesters are taking advantage of us and will not make decent citizens.  We have enough of an entitlement crowd in this country already.

672837[/snapback]

I totally agree. Great post.

While I don't think full amnesty is the answer, some of the obvious stereotypical racist sh-- happening in this thread is retarded.

679185[/snapback]

Why is it "racist" to expect and demand that people OBEY THE LAW and if they don't, be punished?

Come here LEGALLY and there is no problem.

Come here ILLEGALLY, send your ass back to where you came from.