Anybody else getting butt humped

dib

Center Ice switched to the Devils game which is also being shown on OLN. WTF? I didnt pay to see the frreakin Rangers. I dont care what the Sabres score is.

Whodo I call?

Center Ice switched to the Devils game which is also being shown on OLN.  WTF? I didnt pay to see the frreakin Rangers. I dont care what the Sabres score is.

Whodo I call?

669453[/snapback]

I'm right there with ya brother ....

Center Ice switched to the Devils game which is also being shown on OLN.  WTF? I didnt pay to see the frreakin Rangers. I dont care what the Sabres score is.

Whodo I call?

669453[/snapback]

In your face, Buffalo. NJ/NYC has more televisions and computers.

I'm not in Buffalo peckersnot

669461[/snapback]

I was being sarcastic, peckersnot ass hole dick breath,

That aside...

We just got jobbed from a service I pay for. If you are going to prime viewers for a certain game, stick.

We're in the same boat here. Just got back to my place after we had found a place to watch. We found a guy who's from Buffalo who let us come watch and we had like 5 Sabres fans there. We were obviously having a blast watching the ass kicking before f'n direct tv took it off. One of the guys called them to B word when it first happened and the woman had no clue about what we were trying to say. What a crock of sh--!!!! :)

One of the guys called them to B word when it first happened and the woman had no clue about what we were trying to say. What a crock of sh--!!!! :)

669489[/snapback]

I didnt think it would matter, but I called anyway, and, lo and behold they gave the the MSG feed complete with Rick Jennerrettes (sic) call. I explained through clenched teeth that the whole reason for getting center ice was to watch the sabres and not the same game OLN was showing.

Whodo I call?

669453[/snapback]

Not an apologist for D*, but not their fault. They wrere getting the feed from TSN, and it was TSN who left the Sabres game. They did at least get MSG on a little later.

I assume that happened whether you were watching CI on D* or cable.

Yeah, I would blame TSN on this one. I also think that it was on OLN in America but not shown in Canada so that is why they switched. Some people are forgetting that it was the Canadian feed so they could care less if a game they switched to was already on in America. I was glad that Center Ice caught on and switched to MSG. I dont understand the switch either way though. The Rangers-Devils game was 3-1 anyways. It wasnt like it was tied or anything.

Did anyone catch the intermission between the 3rd period and overtime on the Carolina-Montreal game? Don Cherry called JP Dumont, JP Dupont. Don Cherry is something special. Since the Sabres game was on TSN, he didnt watch it because "I dont watch the other guys games." I assume since he was on CBC, the other guy was TSN.

Hopefully Center Ice will rethink about using TSN for the next game and use MSG.

Not an apologist for D*, but not their fault. They wrere getting the feed from TSN, and it was TSN who left the Sabres game. They did at least get MSG on a little later.

669730[/snapback]

Oh course it is their fault. Somebody over at CenterIce should be at the controls, and they should be ready to switch to a different feed in case something happens.

Yeah, I would blame TSN on this one.  I also think that it was on OLN in America but not shown in Canada so that is why they switched. 

669739[/snapback]

I'm not sure...but I believe TSN and OLN are run by the same people, and they chose to show the same game on both their stations.

Which is awfully stupid. Two games, two stations...show both games, morons!

I'm not sure...but I believe TSN and OLN are run by the same people, and they chose to show the same game on both their stations.

Which is awfully stupid.  Two games, two stations...show both games, morons!

669770[/snapback]

Is there even an OLN in Canada? That is what I meant. If Canada does not have access to OLN then that can explain why they switched to a 3-1 game. Here is another thought, maybe TSN just doesnt like the Buffalo Sabres. Maybe they figured more people would rather watch the Rangers than the Sabres.

Either way I hope Center Ice realizes this problem might occur again and uses a local feed instead of a national feed that doesnt have a reason to stay with a blow out.

!@#$ TSN...i go out to a bar to watch the sabres game, the one that is supposed ot be televised, and then take it in the pooper, because some mounties decide that they wanna show NJ/NYR on a few more stations...

TSN will be getting hate mail from me today... :)

Which is awfully stupid.  Two games, two stations...show both games, morons!

669770[/snapback]

TSN is owned primarily by Bell Globemedia. (ESPN has a minority stake, thus all the sets on Sportscentre looking like Sportscenter.)

OLN in the US is owned by Comcast which also owns the Phlyers. OLN Canada, which does not show NHL games, is apparently owned by Bell Globemedia, Rogers Media (which owns Rogers Sports Net), and Comcast.

Though TSN and Comcast both share ownership of OLN Canada, I do not believe that the same people would be running TSN and OLN (US).

As near as I can tell, the NHL owns the "Center Ice" franchise. I personally would lay blame for CI NOT showing a game they were supposed to show with them. You would think that it wouldn't be too expensive for them to give some kid $10 bucks to watch the games and tell someone to switch the #$!@%! feeds if one of them has "technical difficulties" or just does what TSN did and switches away from the game. (I'm certain they can work out rights fee issues as posters here have stated that eventually the TSN feed was replaced by the MSG feed.)

IIRC, this kind of happened on NFL Sunday Ticket when the Bills beat NE 31-0. A friend of mine watching the game in the NYC market couldn't watch the game on ST because the game was being shown over air in NYC. When the game became a blowout, the NYC station switched to something else, and my friend couldn't watch the end of the game because ST had blacked out the ST feed because the game was being broadcast (theoretically) in NYC.

Shame on DirecTV for not using some of the 700 channels to broadcast each team's local feed during the NHL playoffs. If they had dedicated a channel to the MSG feed, we wouldn't have experienced the TSN "switchover."

We're paying for the damn service; give us the choice of watching our own team's broadcast during the first couple of rounds. :)

669730[/snapback]

I believe it is their fault. If we are paying for a service, they had better get a provider who can deliver on that service. If TSN has the ability to arbitrarily switch their coverage around due to lack of a contractual commitment, then it is D* responsibility to supply a service provider who will. They proved last night that they have the capability of doing just that by giving us the MSG feed, which is what they should have been doing all along. D* dropped the ball.