Anybody else getting butt humped

dib

I believe it is their fault.  If we are paying for a service, they had better get a provider who can deliver on that service.  If TSN has the ability to arbitrarily switch their coverage around due to lack of a contractual commitment, then it is D* responsibility to supply a service provider who will.  They proved last night that they have the capability of doing just that by giving us the MSG feed, which is what they should have been doing all along.  D* dropped the ball.

669979[/snapback]

Wrong. Center Ice is not a DirecTV owned-service.

Read dave_b's response above, he nailed it.

Wrong.  Center Ice is not a DirecTV owned-service.

Read dave_b's response above, he nailed it.

669991[/snapback]

DirecTV gets my money, they get the blame when they screw up. Should be using, or at the very least be monitoring and switch over to, the MSG feed which they are carrying anyways on the sportschannel lineup. If I'm using a contractor for a job, I don't want to hear any pass the buck BS on how some subcontractor screwed up.

DirecTV gets my money, they get the blame when they screw up.  Should be using, or at the very least be monitoring and switch over to, the MSG feed which they are carrying anyways on the sportschannel lineup.  If I'm using a contractor for a job, I don't want to hear any pass the buck BS on how some subcontractor screwed up.

670540[/snapback]

Well, that would be the same as blaming Comp USA cause microsoft office has so many bugs. After all, you paid them and they are the delivery mechanism.

Anyway, lifted this from a flyer board. One can only hope we get the MSG tonight.

Supposedly from an actual email:

comment: I think it is unacceptable that you decide to switch from the Buffalo/Philly game to the NJ/NY game. I paid money for this package and I deserve to watch what I want to watch regardless of the score.

Steve:

Thank you for your email.

NHL Center Ice took the TSN feed of the Buffalo-Philadelphia game. Unfortunately, when the score of that game got out of hand, TSN decided to switch to Devils-Rangers. We were unaware and unable to switch feeds quickly. In the future, we will be taking feeds from the local RSNs instead of the national networks to avoid this problem.

Thanks.

Anyway, lifted this from a flyer board. One can only hope we get the MSG tonight.

Supposedly from an actual email:

comment: I think it is unacceptable that you decide to switch from the Buffalo/Philly game to the NJ/NY game. I paid money for this package and I deserve to watch what I want to watch regardless of the score.

Steve:

Thank you for your email.

NHL Center Ice took the TSN feed of the Buffalo-Philadelphia game. Unfortunately, when the score of that game got out of hand, TSN decided to switch to Devils-Rangers. We were unaware and unable to switch feeds quickly. In the future, we will be taking feeds from the local RSNs instead of the national networks to avoid this problem.

Thanks.

670720[/snapback]

I don't have a problem w/ DTV's response but for that one comment in bold. That's ridiculous.

I really hope they pick up MSG and not the Philly goons.

On another topic -- Paul, do you know of any reliable source for info as to when specific cities' HD local channels are rolling out?

I don't have a problem w/ DTV's response but for that one comment in bold.  That's ridiculous.

On another topic -- Paul, do you know of any reliable source for info as to when specific cities' HD local channels are rolling out?

670758[/snapback]

No idea. I don't have HD. Ask Fezmid.

I don't have a problem w/ DTV's response but for that one comment in bold.  That's ridiculous.

670758[/snapback]

E, that was mail was actually sent to the NHL, as well the responce was from the NHL.As mentioned here , they send the feed to D*, D* just decides what channel to put it on.

BTW, will be MSG if they go that route. Not sure why, but Philly games on CI like almost 100% other teams feed.

In terms of the HD, ya know I have no clue. Just figuring Richmond so far down the list that I haven't been following. Sorry couldn't be of more help.

Still pissed the Sbres won that last game BTW. Was so hoping that the Canes would be the one seed, both win , and have the 1-4 matchup next series. Would have put a lot of miles on the ole jalopy going back and forth. Anyway, heres to still hoping they meet up somehow

Still pissed the Sbres won that last game BTW. Was so hoping that the Canes would be the one seed, both win , and have the 1-4 matchup next series. Would have put a lot of miles on the ole jalopy going back and forth. Anyway, heres to still hoping they meet up somehow

670787[/snapback]

I hear ya -- had mixed feelings about that last game as well, hoping to get a chance to see the Sabres locally in the playoffs. The Canes better get their asses in gear starting tonight, however, for us to have any shot whatsoever.

Well, that would be the same as blaming Comp USA cause microsoft office has so many bugs. After all, you paid them and they are the delivery mechanism.

670720[/snapback]

Not quite. Apples and oranges. D* had the capability of choosing which feed to give us, and erred in giving us a national feed that could switch away from coverage of a game we paid to see. Secondly, they could have more closely monitored the playoff games in progress and adjusted in a more timely manner. What is CompUSA's recourse for selling Microsoft Office? Are they supposed to fix the bugs? They do however offer other products.

E, that was mail was actually sent to the NHL, as well the responce was from the NHL.As mentioned here , they send the feed to D*, D* just decides what channel to put it on.

BTW, will be MSG if they go that route. Not sure why, but Philly games on CI like almost 100% other teams feed.

In terms of the HD, ya know I have no clue. Just figuring Richmond so far down the list that I haven't been following. Sorry couldn't be of more help.

670787[/snapback]

Someone from Philly viewing area could answer more definitively, but apparently the reason that Phlyer feeds of games don't end up on DirecTV is due to some war that Comcast has with satellite providers. The Philly Comcast is one of the very few RSN's that aren't on the DirecTV sports package.

As mentioned, I don't have many details about that one, perhaps Clements22 or one of the other people in Filly could give a better answer.

Someone from Philly viewing area could answer more definitively, but apparently the reason that Phlyer feeds of games don't end up on DirecTV is due to some war that Comcast has with satellite providers.  The Philly Comcast is one of the very few RSN's that aren't on the DirecTV sports package.

671135[/snapback]

Philly Comcast is not beamed via satellite...or something like that. I believe it's an analog signal that can only be carried via cable (suprised?).

The reason Comcast Mid-Atlantic is carried on DTV is because it's the old Home Team Sports, and was beamed through the heavens, and when Comcast bought, it agreed to allow it continue to be sent via satellite.

Bottom line: Comcast=RJ

Is anyone else worried about Fezmid?

Not coming to a quick defense of DTV isn't like him. Maybe he fell down a well.

670962[/snapback]

I'm swamped with work... Got a new job a couple of months ago.

As was stated earlier in the thread, this isn't a DirecTV issue -- it's a Center Ice issue. The same thing would've happened, as DirecTV/cable get their feeds from the NHL/Center Ice.

They proved last night that they have the capability of doing just that by giving us the MSG feed, which is what they should have been doing all along.  D* dropped the ball.

Again, Cable and DirecTV both got the MSG feed here. I'm sure DTV had some choice words for the NHL, and that's why they switched.

IIRC, this kind of happened on NFL Sunday Ticket when the Bills beat NE 31-0.  A friend of mine watching the game in the NYC market couldn't watch the game on ST because the game was being shown over air in NYC.  When the game became a blowout, the NYC station switched to something else, and my friend couldn't watch the end of the game because ST had blacked out the ST feed because the game was being broadcast (theoretically) in NYC.

This is a different issue. A few years ago, the local networks complained to the NFL that they were losing viewers because people watched on Sunday Ticket. instead of the local broadcast. They forced the NFL to change the Sunday Ticket rules -- if a game is shown locally, it must be blacked out on Sunday Ticket. It started with the "Pittsburgh/Seattle experiment" for one season, then encompassed the entire NFL the following year. I havn't been burned by it yet, but a lot of people have and it sucks. Again, not a DirecTV issue, but rather the NFL/local networks being greedy.

I thought the CompUSA comparison was a good one -- pretty accurate.

CW