For no good reason, I'm starting to panic

I don't know why. I'm a big Marv fan, as I've said, I think getting rid of Donahoe - his ego, his decision-making, and his abrasive management style - has to be a net gain for the organization.

That said, I'm all of a sudden freaking out about draft weekend. For no good reason that I can pinpoint, I'm now convinced that the Bills are going to do something stupid and unexpected on Saturday, like trading down a few picks and then taking Cutler. I dunno why, I just get this eerie feeling that, come Monday, the Bills will be the absolute laughingstock of the League for a piss-poor draft performance. Again, I have NO GOOD REASON, NOR ANY GOOD SENSE. I know I need to shake this feeling, but I can't. Anyone else having similar premonitions? If not, care to talk me off the ledge?

I don't know why.  I'm a big Marv fan, as I've said, I think getting rid of Donahoe - his ego, his decision-making, and his abrasive management style - has to be a net gain for the organization.

That said, I'm all of a sudden freaking out about draft weekend.  For no good reason that I can pinpoint, I'm now convinced that the Bills are going to do something stupid and unexpected on Saturday, like trading down a few picks and then taking Cutler.  I dunno why, I just get this eerie feeling that, come Monday, the Bills will be the absolute laughingstock of the League for a piss-poor draft performance.  Again, I have NO GOOD REASON, NOR ANY GOOD SENSE.  I know I need to shake this feeling, but I can't.  Anyone else having similar premonitions?  If not, care to talk me off the ledge?

668804[/snapback]

Wow... Don't jump.

I don't know why.  I'm a big Marv fan, as I've said, I think getting rid of Donahoe - his ego, his decision-making, and his abrasive management style - has to be a net gain for the organization.

That said, I'm all of a sudden freaking out about draft weekend.  For no good reason that I can pinpoint, I'm now convinced that the Bills are going to do something stupid and unexpected on Saturday, like trading down a few picks and then taking Cutler.  I dunno why, I just get this eerie feeling that, come Monday, the Bills will be the absolute laughingstock of the League for a piss-poor draft performance.  Again, I have NO GOOD REASON, NOR ANY GOOD SENSE.  I know I need to shake this feeling, but I can't.  Anyone else having similar premonitions?  If not, care to talk me off the ledge?

668804[/snapback]

I think they will have a decent draft. If a qb is picked, however, feel free to jump! :w00t:

668804[/snapback]

I guess this is a really crunch time draft. We need the help & have a high enough pick that we expect a star player.

From what I've seen(back to our superbowl years) analysts in mags etc have always rated our drafts as pretty piss-poor.

I expect 3 things from this draft.

1: We will be generally lambasted for our selections(unless D'Brick drops to us)

2: TBD will be in uproar(unless D'Brick drops to us)

3: We will not have a true idea of how good/bad it was untill 2 seasons have passed.(we might have hints before but...)

Just enjoy it.

We have pick #8!!!! :w00t:

I'm not worried about the 1st round, I think Marv will end up with a stud there... may not be an immediate impact player though (e.g. Justice), but that pick will end up fine. I'm more concerned about the other Day 1 picks... I will not be pleased if OG is not addressed early & it looks like Fat Bennie will be starting again. :w00t: I will not be happy either if we don't take a DT somewhere on Day 1. I have zero expectations for the Day 2 picks other than possible depth, so anything above that will be a bonus. All-in-all, this weekend should be a lot of fun. :)

668804[/snapback]

Your gut hunch is justified. Just look at our recent drafts.

Let's see how it shakes out though. Panic won't help.

I agree though, if they trade up, it'll be a huge mistake unless it's for a player like Mario Williams.

We are Bills fans. It is natural at this point to panic. Just like we all hold our breath every time our QB drops back, every time our QB throws a pass, every time the opposing team's QB throws, every time the opposing team is facing a third down, etc., etc.

We are Bills fans. It is natural at this point to panic. Just like we all hold our breath every time our QB drops back, every time our QB throws a pass, every time the opposing team's QB throws, every time the opposing team is facing a third down, etc., etc.

668822[/snapback]

On the contrary, as a Bills fan there is no reason to panic. I fully expect the worst to happen at any given moment, so a good draft pick will come as a pleasant surprise! :w00t:

On the contrary, as a Bills fan there is no reason to panic.  I fully expect the worst to happen at any given moment, so a good draft pick will come as a pleasant surprise!  :)

668826[/snapback]

Ah, that is so very much the correct way to do it, and I've tried that tactic, but I just cannot keep it up.

This is going to be a great draft! :w00t:

668804[/snapback]

My spidey sense is starting to tingle a bit too. :w00t:

668822[/snapback]

If you want to feel a bit better, just imagine what it is like to be an St Louis/AZ Cardinals fan. Or even Detroit. Traditionally, you could always count on some bonehead reach from the Cards front orifice!

So, hey Coach Tuesday, try to relax and enjoy it. It is something we (as fans) can't change, so just try to have some fun on draft day.

As the SNL wild 'n crazy guys (the Festrunk brothers) would say:

"Why don't you buy yourself a drink - and ENJOY IT!"

The worst Bills moment in the draft that I can remember is when they took John Fina in the first round.  Seemed to come out of nowhere.  He went on to have a decent career, but I still think it was an odd pick.

668850[/snapback]

I'll never forget that day...

Talk about a fast riser! Fina flew up the Charts after his Workouts. Of coarse the original Plan was to have Fina move in for Ritcher at LG in his 2nd Year and play 10 Seasons at that Position. Then the Wolford debacle...ugh...

Fina definitely over-achieved as a LT considering many questioned whether or not he was a decent OG Prospect...But whenever I think of Fina, I think of Wolford, then I get pissed-off...It's a never ending cycle... :w00t:

668804[/snapback]

So what if the Bill drop a few slots and pick Cutler? They can still address OT and DT in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and the extra pick(s) may be a good thing. What if Cutler becomes a pro bowl QB? The draft day grades rarely have anything to reality.

Hang tight and enjoy the event.