Campbell Hit Video

I did feel the neccessity for a seperate thread here due to getting more attention :-D

668045[/snapback]

ya that was a sick hit. really enjoyed seeing that. did feel bad for the guy but hey, this is hockey, you never keep your head down.

His own man kind of hung him out to dry there, basically a pass right in the middle of the Sabres defense...I mean, what did he EXPECT was going to happen to his teammate?

I'm glad Umberger isnt seriously hurt though, that was the type of hit that could sidetrack careers.

In a lot of ways, it was a statement hit too for the Sabres. They blew their lead, a lot of people were calling the "no playoff experience" card as a reason for it (and perhaps it was), but the Sabres showed a tremendous amount of toughness and strength to pull out the victory.

Before the game started, I actually had this game slated as one the Sabres would lose. I had them winning the series in six, but I felt with a veteran and physical team like Philly, they'd make the first game their best game since they had plenty of rest. It seems they did exactly that, but the Sabres still found a way to pick up the win. I still say Sabres in six, but they showed a lot of grit tonight that some people were convinced they didnt have.

His own man kind of hung him out to dry there, basically a pass right in the middle of the Sabres defense...I mean, what did he EXPECT was going to happen to his teammate?

I'm glad Umberger isnt seriously hurt though, that was the type of hit that could sidetrack careers. 

In a lot of ways, it was a statement hit too for the Sabres.  They blew their lead, a lot of people were calling the "no playoff experience" card as a reason for it (and perhaps it was), but the Sabres showed a tremendous amount of toughness and strength to pull out the victory. 

Before the game started, I actually had this game slated as one the Sabres would lose.  I had them winning the series in six, but I felt with a veteran and physical team like Philly, they'd make the first game their best game since they had plenty of rest.  It seems they did exactly that, but the Sabres still found a way to pick up the win.  I still say Sabres in six, but they showed a lot of grit tonight that some people were convinced they didnt have.

668049[/snapback]

Ya, it's not fun to see a guy get hurt seriously. To knock a guy out on the ice sends a message to the other team. What was even more impressive is you're getting a big hit like that against a traditionally more physical team.

Do you remember the Kyle McLaren hit on Richard Zednik 3 years back? That was the definition of cheap shot and we got them back by winning the series.